The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Hunch-i-ness prediction: Adams will land either Necas or Zegras in a trade
giphy.gif

Wouldn't that mean trading for rentals?
Why not, depends on the price. For example, I don't think that a hypothetical Mangiapane will cost much. Another thing is Buchnevich or Konecny, but if it helps to get to the playoffs and won't cost too much, why not.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
That is exactly why if the Skinner buyout happens, it's a good sign.

The end of 3 E's might be nigh.

Of course if they buyout skinner and spend 10M under the cap....well, that is a different story.
That's the fear until it's proven wrong.

Unfortunately some clever folks have already worked out that a Skinner buyout now saves Pegula money.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I did see a rumor about Gustavsson (MN) on Hockey News, but @ 3M+ for a backup I would doubt it.
I'd prefer they have sd backup not named Levi. I want Levi to play 50+ games in Rochester. 25/26 hes on Sabres
You could same the same for Jokiharju. Ruff and Adams have both mentioned him as a key piece this summer, yet most fans seem to think he's halfway out the door. It will be interesting to see what happens there. Both players are still developing.

Resigning Joker puts way too much money in D/G. He likely gets over $4M in arbitration
Hunch-i-ness prediction: Adams will land either Necas or Zegras in a trade
Why either player?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Skinner on the roster costs $10M in 2024-25.

Skinner's buy out costs $2.4M in 2024-25.

I'm reasonably sure that is CBA mandated cap amortization rather than what is paid.

IIRC (and someone can correct me if I am wrong here) the players gets the entire buyout up. The cap is simply spread out over 6 years.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm reasonably sure that is CBA mandated cap amortization rather than what is paid.

IIRC (and someone can correct me if I am wrong here) the players gets the entire buyout up. The cap is simply spread out over 6 years.
That is not what the CapFriendly buyout calculator represents.

GQhCAjpXEAAI9tz.png

Perhaps @dotcommunism can shed some light on whether buyout payments are spread out over the full length of the buyout (in this case 6x$2.4M) or just one lump sum payment at the time of the buyout.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

8. Tanner Jeannot, Tampa Bay Lightning

2023-24 stats: 7 goals, 14 points, 12:01 ATOI, minus-10
Contract: $2.665 million through 2025 (UFA)

At the outset of yet another summer with tight cap dollars, the Lightning are looking for ways to create space. Enter Jeannot, the hard-hitting winger who hasn’t ever been close to duplicating the 24-goal, 41-point season had in Nashville in 2021-22. It’s safe to say he’s one of the few big swings made by Tampa general manager Julien BriseBois that didn’t pay off, and he also happens to be one year out from unrestricted free agency. BriseBois has never shied away from a tough decision, and if he can find a way to get Jeannot’s cap hit off the books, it might not even be that tough for him to pull the trigger on the deal.

I could see Adams having interest in Jeannot.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I could see Adams having interest in Jeannot.
Let's say Buffalo offers a futures package for Jeannot and Cirelli. Does anyone think it's possible TB would eat some of Cirelli's salary? We'd be taking a lot of cap space off of their hands.

I'd still dangle our 1st + a bit more for those two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad