The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
KA first words were " Talked to Kelly McCrimmon the other day"
Welcome to Buffalo, Wild Bill.
giphy.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Let's say Buffalo offers a futures package for Jeannot and Cirelli. Does anyone think it's possible TB would eat some of Cirelli's salary? We'd be taking a lot of cap space off of their hands.

I'd still dangle our 1st + a bit more for those two.

The reason they would be available would be to free cap space for Tampa. I don’t see them retaining.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think moving Mittelstadt left a bit of a playmaking gap in the line up which none of the younger players are ready to fill.
But I'm not sure either of them would be a good center. I'd definitely go with Zegras over Necas. But I just don't see Adams adding a player like that in the offseason. I'm not even sure why we need Necas on a 7-8 year extension.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Jack Eichel back to Buffalo for pick 11; Eichel left stunned since he never put Buffalo on his NTC since he'd of never guessed we'd even be an option. Everyone left baffled.
Hes actually the one Adams mentioned is willing to waive his NTC because of the Lindy hire. Jack loved this organization and its history so much he told kevyn that Lindy is the only coach he'd wear the sweater for, and is the reason he demanded the trade

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I’m all about not going “big game hunting,” because just decent, role playing, actual NHlers is what would get this team into the playoffs….there is already a lot of skill here….a 3rd AND 4th line center, plus an actual 6/9 winger….the team….and defense would be solid.

But….

If Adams were to go there, please let it be Cirelli (or Bennett) and Jeannott. Those two on the Sabres completely changes our team dynamics. Cirelli would definitely be our #2 center immediately, and a center spine of Tage, Cirelli and Cozens would be awesome.

I’m not sure what I wouldn’t give to get those two. I’d think they’d want Peterka (cheap, good ECL), 11 and a prospect. I wouldn’t hesitate because Cirelli would be here for years.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Hes actually the one Adams mentioned is willing to waive his NTC because of the Lindy hire. Jack loved this organization and its history so much he told kevyn that Lindy is the only coach he'd wear the sweater for, and is the reason he demanded the trade

It's funny, I was actually thinking about this after he said it.

Trying to think of a player with a history with Ruff and has a NTC now

From Dallas: Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, Radek Faksa, Lindell
The Rangers: Kevin Hayes, Pavel Buchnevich, Trouba
The Devils: Severson.

The names that really make some sense on there:

St Louis: Kevin Hayes and Buchnevich.

And one out of right field: Columbus and Severson. Columbus's GM has come out and said they need to fix a bit of salary structure there. Ruff leaned heavily on Severson in NJ. If he isn't happy with Columbus rebuilding or maybe his wife isn't happy in that area....

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
-Buyout Skinner
-Obtain Buch and Hayes (I don't know what the price would be)
-Sign Kane and add another bottom 6 guy who has someone pissing in his cheerios every morning
-See if you can upgrade on Jokiharju, but not absolutely necessary.

And one out of right field: Columbus and Severson. Columbus's GM has come out and said they need to fix a bit of salary structure there. Ruff leaned heavily on Severson in NJ. If he isn't happy with Columbus rebuilding or maybe his wife isn't happy in that area....
I doubt it happens but packaging up Hayes and Buch might be worth it. Could be a hefty price but I'd be about it. Knocks out 2 birds with 1 stone and then you attack the free agent market.

Last edited:

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Resigning Joker puts way too much money in D/G. He likely gets over $4M in arbitration

I keep reading this 4M number for Jokiharju arbitration. Where is it coming from?

His usage and point comps for UFAs are guys like Kulikov and Rutta. As an RFA, his leverage would be less and arbiters historically look at counting stats and usage, not handedness

3rd pairing minutes, no PK usage, 3 goals and 20 points, I would not be surprised if an arbiter came back well under 3M (there are way too may young D scoring 20+ points making peanuts in todays NHL for Adams to lose an arbitration hearing).

I will be watching the Lundkvist, Brannstrom, Zemula and Schneider deals closely. I think he signs short term in the 2.8-3.2 range.

Also, think of the Jokiharju contract as a bonus investment into UPLs development. It's bad business to trade the countryman and BFF of a young Finnish goalie that you are going to rely heavily on in the upcoming season.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I’m all about not going “big game hunting,” because just decent, role playing, actual NHlers is what would get this team into the playoffs….there is already a lot of skill here….a 3rd AND 4th line center, plus an actual 6/9 winger….the team….and defense would be solid.

But….

If Adams were to go there, please let it be Cirelli (or Bennett) and Jeannott. Those two on the Sabres completely changes our team dynamics. Cirelli would definitely be our #2 center immediately, and a center spine of Tage, Cirelli and Cozens would be awesome.

I’m not sure what I wouldn’t give to get those two. I’d think they’d want Peterka (cheap, good ECL), 11 and a prospect. I wouldn’t hesitate because Cirelli would be here for years.
The big "if" is whether KA can acquire a mid-six C worth a damn capable of playing up the line-up when the inevitable struggles of Thomson and Cozens happen, or a mediocre grinder like Sissons that would be a great 4th line add but not for mid-six duty.

I highly doubt KA can acquire the likes of a true C as good as or better than Mittelstadt, that can push one of the "top two" guys down the line-up if needed. Most GMs never part with those guys unless going into a re-build.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I think Faksa makes sense, as well.

Reactions: Fjordy and MOGlLNY

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Cirelli is the biggest pipe dream that wont happen but I'm out here hoping it will.

11OV + Ostlund? I feel like that might be slight overpay but if it gets it done I would do it. Cirelli is a 40-45 point 200ft player former 3rd rounder. How much is he actually worth?

Reactions: MOGlLNY

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

I think the quote referenced a coach "like Ruff", and I think it still could be someone who likes him specifically, but I guess it could be someone who wants to play for a 'serious team' too.

Usually you hear more about players avoiding tough coaches, so it's an interesting twist that I don't know how exactly to interpret. Don wore out his welcome, but he was pretty highly praised last offseason so it seems strange someone would refuse then and not now based on the coach

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Any guesses what the OTW-PHL deal framework might be that Yost reported ?

• Rumblings Wednesday over a potential Ottawa/Philadelphia trade have led to endless speculation over what that could mean. I’m not sure what it may look like, but here’s what we know: the Flyers have had interest in Jakob Chychrun and the Senators have had interest in Scott Laughton. Philly is also looking to move up in the Draft. Do the dots connect?
  • Also on the Flyers, they are open to trading winger Joel Farabee and have been shopping him.

Nothing new on the Sabres in this one:

• Buffalo is another club looking to make a splash this summer and wants to add more scoring punch to the lineup. We’ll see what Sabres GM Kevyn Adams has up his sleeve, as he’s been dangling the 11th overall pick in the Draft, as well.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad