The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
There are people here unwilling to part with #11 for Cirelli but willing to trade Power for Seth Jones?! What a weird world we have slipped into as Sabres fans....
Idk how anyone is trying to trade Power right now. What D actually has a good Sophomore season? Dahlin and Seider didn't.

Reactions: Dingo44

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Idk how anyone is trying to trade Power right now. What D actually has a good Sophomore season? Dahlin and Seider didn't.
Further

I don’t know how you’re a Buffalo sports fan watching the Bills and Sabres and still have the arrogance/ignorance to declare a 21 year old forever a defensive liability.

I’m not sure how you watched these nhl playoffs and want to declare a player developed at 21.

I don’t know how you’re watching the NHL final and still think a 21 year old won’t improve at the game of hockey.

I don’t know how you look at just the Sabres playing in the Stanley Cup Final and have that take on Owen Power.

Owen Power could go down as the biggest bust in Sabres’ history and I would still tell you that having that take in the summer of ‘24 is crazy.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Further

I don’t know how you’re a Buffalo sports fan watching the Bills and Sabres and still have the arrogance/ignorance to declare a 21 year old forever a defensive liability.

I’m not sure how you watched these nhl playoffs and want to declare a player developed at 21.

I don’t know how you’re watching the NHL final and still think a 21 year old won’t improve at the game of hockey.

I don’t know how you look at just the Sabres playing in the Stanley Cup Final and have that take on Owen Power.

Owen Power could go down as the biggest bust in Sabres’ history and I would still tell you that having that take in the summer of ‘24 is crazy.
You’d think #13 on Florida would be a learning lesson for when he was trying to be run out of town after not becoming who he is now 2-3 seasons in

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Seth Jones trade will be like the Erik Karlsson trade.

It will take a 1st (or 2nd round pick - Jones not a Norris winner) with cap dumps going to Chicago. Some retention.

So if by some miracle Seth Jones requested out and wanted to waive his NMC for Buffalo, it's not going to take Power.

Do a 3 party trade like Karlsson's and trade Power for shinier pieces!

(Personally, I would keep Power)

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You’d think #13 on Florida would be a learning lesson for when he was trying to be run out of town after not becoming who he is now 2-3 seasons in
#13 is a lesson that development teams belong in the AHL.

If you want to try to develop all your young talent in the NHL and not make the playoffs, be prepared to be forced to trade those players to teams that are ready to win.

Krieger Bot

Apr 30, 2007
What are people's thoughts on Sissons? He checks a lot of boxes -- plays center, defensively responsible, willing to engage physically, good at the dot, not a total plug in the offensive zone, only 30 years old, signed for 2 more years, no trade protection. With Nashville trading McDonagh, and dealing away other guys at the deadline for futures, they seem to still be in asset acquisition mode. Leaves me wondering if Sissons can be had, and if so, at what cost. Would Rosen interest Trotz? And if so, is it worthwhile to give him up for a player of Sissons' caliber?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Roy fits better age wise and has a better contract but Vegas ain't trading a 3mil C. Danault is older, much more expensive and is trending down. 2B / 3A players don't return an 11OV
Phil Danault has a full NMC until after the 2024 Draft. It drops to a 10 team No Trade List on 7/1/2024.

So, I don't think we have to worry about 11OV for Danault.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
What are people's thoughts on Sissons? He checks a lot of boxes -- plays center, defensively responsible, willing to engage physically, good at the dot, not a total plug in the offensive zone, only 30 years old, signed for 2 more years, no trade protection. With Nashville trading McDonagh, and dealing away other guys at the deadline for futures, they seem to still be in asset acquisition mode. Leaves me wondering if Sissons can be had, and if so, at what cost. Would Rosen interest Trotz? And if so, is it worthwhile to give him up for a player of Sissons' caliber?

I actually think it's going to be the opposite for Nashville. Evidently McDonagh asked to be traded back to Tampa and the GM honored his request (per Friedman on 32 Thoughts podcast). My guess is they are going to be adding aggressively rather than selling off pieces.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I'm not trying to trade Power, and even if I was it wouldn't be just for the sake of getting him off the team. I'm firmly on the wait and see with our D core for another year or even two to see what they become.

That being said, someone is going to have to explain the roster construction vision to me with Dahlin, Power, and Byram making up three of our top 4. Every year I watch the playoffs and puck moving defensemen are important, but if you don't have a healthy balance of guys that can handle the heavy grind in their own end I don't see how you can be successful.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm not trying to trade Power, and even if I was it wouldn't be just for the sake of getting him off the team. I'm firmly on the wait and see with our D core for another year or even two to see what they become.

That being said, someone is going to have to explain the roster construction vision to me with Dahlin, Power, and Byram making up three of our top 4. Every year I watch the playoffs and puck moving defensemen are important, but if you don't have a healthy balance of guys that can handle the heavy grind in their own end I don't see how you can be successful.
Agreed. They should be trying to add defensive presence with offseason.

I haven't been able to shake feeling that Byram is a future trade piece somehow.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What are the chances Byram is one of the trade chips Adams uses? If Tampa didn’t have Sergachev already….that would be a good flip
I think there is a 0.1% chance that Adams trades Byram this soon after acquiring him.

I actually think it's going to be the opposite for Nashville. Evidently McDonagh asked to be traded back to Tampa and the GM honored his request (per Friedman on 32 Thoughts podcast). My guess is they are going to be adding aggressively rather than selling off pieces.
It's not just EF.

Trotz has openly talked about it:

Trotz said the inception of the trade, however, was less about clearing cap room and more about "doing the right thing" for McDonagh.

"It was a request from Ryan," Trotz said Tuesday. "We talked a little bit at the end of the year. He said if there's ever an opportunity to get back to Tampa, he asked if I would explore that a little bit. So, out of respect for the type of person that (McDonagh) is, I talked to (Tampa) and we made I think a fair deal."

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Roy fits better age wise and has a better contract but Vegas ain't trading a 3mil C. Danault is older, much more expensive and is trending down. 2B / 3A players don't return an 11OV
I'm not asking if they are available and will be or if they can be traded (everything has a price), but what are you willing to trade 11 for?

By the way, Danault is not going down, he is still good, he has been scoring about the same amount of points in recent years, he is not physical, but he is smart, great in defense. He has a normal contract.

I saw @Chainshot offer trade for Danault on the main board.

I offer it yesterday: Rosen/Krebs + #11 for Danault + #21 and and the LA fan said yes.

CF:

Quite literally a 'jack of all trades' for the Kings
Logs around 18:00 TOI. Deployed in all situations. Wins over 50% of his draws.
Can play up and down the lineup.
If the team needs him to provide better than secondary offense he has a role in the top six
If the Kings require Danault to shut down a top opponent's line, he is a solid checker with sound three zone awareness and detail.
Provides some push back physically at times. Competes. Plays the game the right way. Nothing exceptional in one category. Also no real deficiencies in his game.
Trustworthy

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
#13 is a lesson that development teams belong in the AHL.

If you want to try to develop all your young talent in the NHL and not make the playoffs, be prepared to be forced to trade those players to teams that are ready to win.
ok

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Seems like a good target, I was asking on the Nashville board about it recently, they love him, no idea how much it would cost.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
There are people here unwilling to part with #11 for Cirelli but willing to trade Power for Seth Jones?! What a weird world we have slipped into as Sabres fans....
People have the biggest hate boners for Power because he mogs them.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I want to trade for two centers. One on the William Karlsson/Cirelli level and one on the Sturm/Sissons level.
It would give us amazing flexibility when it comes to match ups.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The odds of Danault getting traded are very unlikely but just kicking around ideas because that's what this forum is for: would you guys do Samuelsson for Danault straight up?

Reactions: Jacob582

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The odds of Danault getting traded are very unlikely but just kicking around ideas because that's what this
Exactly, it's a bit annoying and upsetting the constant: "they don't trade this or that", so what's there to discuss? Even if their fans aren't sure that they don't trade them, but here everyone knows. They have Kopitar, PLD and Byfield and in theory they could trade Danault.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
No. I’d only trade Kjell 2.0 for a right shot version of him.
:naughty:
rasmus-ristolainen.png

• Wow
Reactions: Jacob582
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad