The Robo Penguin Has Returned.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Death by IC Light.
Say, this reminds me of a story. Back after the last NHL lockout, part of their sucking up to fans was the first couple of games of the season, everybody could get 2 concession items for free. Naturally, the Aramark employees didn't give a **** how many free items you got. I ate half my body weight in those delicious nachos. I thought I was going to die at 3 am when they hit bottom. I made it through the ordeal and someone invited me to the next game and you'd think I'd have learned my lesson, but no way. I stuffed myself with those nachos again and suffered the same fate.

The moral of the story? Hank Hill was right, ball park nachos....you don't buy them, only rent 'em.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
giphy.gif

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Screen-Shot-2022-10-20-at-12.20.54-PM-e1666283164820.png

That's pretty solid IMO. Was on the fence for a bit, but looking at it like this, it's among the better RR's today. The old NHL logo is precious.
Okay, whatever one thinks of the Robo logo (I personally am in favor) you have to admit thats pretty solid execution on the overall
Design. It’s crisp, it does have a throwback layout sort of look to it. My main issue is with the microscopic “C” but that’s an entirely different design problem :laugh:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
With this logo I don't think of Howard Baldwin, I think of Starter jackets, sharktooth hats, turtleneck Mario, the movie Sudden Death, Martin Straka, Alexei Kovalev, Jaromir Jagr's dominance, and the Return of Mario. No cups but that era had its own charm.

Edit: don't know why it's in bold but it's cool

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I never understood the hate for that logo, tbh. I like it. It's no worse than that goofy ass cartoon that looks like something somebody drunkenly painted on the side of a firehouse. :laugh:
I'm guessing it has to due with the relative lack of success when it was the primary but it is a very well-designed logo

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
What should have been the away instead of the Rangers' diagonal clone in 93?

Meh, I would prefer our core wore the Robo Pigeon whites, but this is good enough.
Just PFTLOG do not take these into the playoffs as mains like the yellows.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The most disappointing Pens team (1992-1993) wore the Robopens and ended that era. That's primarily what I associate with the jersey, besides Jagr's "dying alive" shitshow.

• Love
Reactions: Ugene Magic

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
With this logo I don't think of Howard Baldwin, I think of Starter jackets, sharktooth hats, turtleneck Mario, the movie Sudden Death, Martin Straka, Alexei Kovalev, Jaromir Jagr's dominance, and the Return of Mario. No cups but that era had its own charm.

Edit: don't know why it's in bold but it's cool
Agreed. That’s when I started watching hockey as well, so it has meaning to me. I’m glad it’s back for a throwback jersey.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I saw an episode of that Stranger Things series, and it really brought home how little from the 80s should be brought back.

… would say for the record that the good memories of Winona Ryder stay in the 90s compartment of my brain also. The things I would like to do with her Reality Bites persona… ah.

In any event…. Robo-Penguins, no.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I saw an episode of that Stranger Things series, and it really brought home how little from the 80s should be brought back.

… would say for the record that the good memories of Winona Ryder stay in the 90s compartment of my brain also. The things I would like to do with her Reality Bites persona… ah.

In any event…. Robo-Penguins, no.
Robo Pen is pure 90’s

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
It's missing the silver stripe in the middle. I'm honestly not a fan.

If you're going to do a retro jersey, at least do it right. It's not just the logo that made that jersey good.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad