The Robo Penguin Has Returned.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
11288.jpg
This one was awesome for the time, but it's best to leave it in the past.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I was under the impression that Czechs didnt like when people still talked about both countries as 1......I was more or less bringing back the nostalgic aspect from 20 years ago

Sounds like you wish they were still one?
I’m not Czech, I’m Slovak, so it’s naturally complicated. :laugh: hell, there are still monarchists here who want to bring back the Habsburgs!

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The ugliest jerseys in team history are the Vegas gold (beige) edge jerseys and they won a Cup in those, two technically, so whatever.

I would actually like these as a permanent alternate, they’re better than than the diagonal letters.

The Vegas gold is hideous. No argument, there. But at least it was still the logo associated with so much success.

I prefer the diagonal, though. Even if they are ripoffs and don't have any significant history on the club. Personal preference but I don't want the Baldwin logo anywhere near year-to-year status. Despite all my complaining (which I hope most realize is lighthearted) I think it's neat as a one-off, though and if it strikes a chord with other fans that's cool.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hate to be a Negative Nancy but I don’t like the logo and I don’t like the design they went with on the jersey, either.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
I’m not Czech, I’m Slovak, so it’s naturally complicated. :laugh: hell, there are still monarchists here who want to bring back the Habsburgs!
Are you sure they're monarchists? Some folks just love a perpetually jutted jaw.

Also, these jerseys aren't half-bad.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This team did not need another black jersey. Three seems a bit excessive, no?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The extra thick white line underneath the yellow shoulder/neckline at the top makes it look too busy.

They should have left that while line off the front & back, and perhaps the sleeves as well.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Robopenguin reminds me of playoff disappointments, specifically, the 1993 playoff series against the Islanders.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The extra thick white line underneath the yellow shoulder/neckline at the top makes it look too busy.

They should have left that while line off the front & back, and perhaps the sleeves as well.
So just white randomly at the bottom? Gotta disagree.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I can get on board this, I am related to them. 👑
Careful, we also have a history of throwing them out of windows here. :laugh:

I'm with Emp. I would have much rather seen the gradient for those sweet '94 Snoop vibes and less Baldwin incompetence.

Then again two of my students showed up this week with Chubawumba shirts so... :laugh:

I had a dream last night that Igloo was back and I was walking around it. The robopen has infiltrated my brain. Tonight it will probably be chasing me through the concourse and I'll run into the cotton candy guy, fall down, and be murdered by that demon logo.
Death by IC Light.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad