The Robo Penguin Has Returned.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hey I don’t care one way or another… all these logos and jerseys are about the same… well except the cursed blue ones… that jinx can rot in hell
I think those were great if the removed some of the stripes. Also, make that jersey black with yellow stripes.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The Rat, The Bear, the Robo, The Fisherman - what a sight to behold :D

zgLsoNh.jpg

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Basically everybody except some of HF really likes it. I get for some it has negative connotations, but for even more people it reminds them of things like Lemieux’s return from cancer.

Also that Bruins bear reminds me of Claude Julien.

Nah, the people whom like it are the minority. Had Baldwin still been around it might not have changed, but soon as he was gone.... Poof.... Trash bin.

The logo is the one thing to never screw with. There's no Mario to save them this time, so I triple dog dare them to change back. The late 90's was not pretty no matter what the pigeon people say.

The skating penguin has decades of fan fair. The pigeon didn't even last a decade.

• Haha
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Nah, the people whom like it are the minority. Had Baldwin still been around it might not have changed, but soon as he was gone.... Poof.... Trash bin.

The logo is the one thing to never screw with. There's no Mario to save them this time, so I triple dog dare them to change back. The late 90's was not pretty no matter what the pigeon people say.

The skating penguin has decades of fan fair. The pigeon didn't even last a decade.
I didn’t say people like it more than the skating Penguin, I just said people in general like the robo Penguin compared to a few hardcore fans who don’t like it for hardcore reasons.

Reactions: Dessloch

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I didn’t say people like it more than the skating Penguin, I just said people in general like the robo Penguin compared to a few hardcore fans who don’t like it for hardcore reasons.

Gotcha...

But when you say the few hardcore fans like making it seems like they are the minority. A lot of the fans on here are not even from these parts. You can't take board talk and make as the whole. Most people don't even talk on places like this. Message board people are the minority as well.

Trust me, pretty much everyone hated the change, maybe some let it grow on them. I'm not lying when I said I did not buy anything with that logo, my wife kept doing it even after I told her to stop buying me that crap. Even for 22+ years I couldn't even give it away.

Plus, it's not hardcore fans, just loyal ones whom got screwed from an out of towner just because him and his wife didn't like it. He talks about it selling well, but the Skating Penguin was printing its own money.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Jersey is very meh, but I'm happy Robo Pigeon is back to brighten my eyes and irritate most else's.

Robo Pigeon
Robo Pigeon
Does whatever a Robo Pigeon does

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Trust me, pretty much everyone hated the change, maybe some let it grow on them. I'm not lying when I said I did not buy anything with that logo, my wife kept doing it even after I told her to stop buying me that crap. Even for 22+ years I couldn't even give it away.
Yeah, as a kid I remember seeing one of my uncles cancel their season tickets after the Baldwin logo rollout. :laugh: And then the Isles and Pilon happened and he stopped watching the team for like 8 years. Even as a youngin' I hated the logo and I think I probably even blamed it for that disasterous playoff in '93.

I think people also underestimate just how bad an owner Baldwin was and was super unlikeable, to the point where there was nostalgia for the incredibly mobbed up prior owner, Eddie DeBartolo. :laugh:

Also, the idea of having the literal mob running the team is really bizarrely funny to me.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Then there are those of us who got into hockey and Penguins when this was the logo. I absolutely loved this logo in the 90s and its cool that they brought it back as a reversed retro.

That said the pigeon is outdated and belongs in the 90s and should not come back as a main.

Im ok If new ownership wants to change the logo back to the pigeon but I want to see a modern version, not the original.

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
The Gradient did not survive the trip.

The gradient is being reserved for Jaromir Jagr retirement night, as it was his favorite Penguins jersey. That will be a big occasion and what better way to celebrate it with this cosmic beauty, the city of Pittsburgh & state of PA will be gradient that night and for years afterwards. its going to be so lit :D

hHATtim.jpg

yJq3rzl.jpg

Last edited:

Dessloch

Nov 29, 2005
Should have went with a Pittsburgh Hornets homage and continued to pretend the Robo pigeon never existed.

So we should just pretend this era did not exist? Lets erase probably the most dominant and most entertaining 10 years of offensive hockey of any franchise ever in NHL history! Yeah, right..... The jerseys were not evil in itself, meaning the Robo Penguin on todays jerseys should not be condemned for any crimes an owner was perhaps guilty of 20 years ago, that is just lame!

Art Ross Trophy winners:
  • 2001: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 2000: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1999: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1998: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1997: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1996: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1995: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1994: Wayne Gretzky, Los Angeles Kings
  • 1993: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
On the secondary market, the Robo Penguin and especially the gradient is the most popular Penguins jersey ever (except for the 90-92 cup jerseys)

Overall we have a few doom and gloom people that are shouting out loud, but those negative views will not overshadow the Robo Penguins popularity, which will be demonstrated by jersey & merch sales for the Reverse Retro ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Shift

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
So we should just pretend this era did not exist? Lets erase probably the most dominant and most entertaining 10 years of offensive hockey of any franchise ever in NHL history! Yeah, right..... The jerseys were not evil in itself, meaning the Robo Penguin on todays jerseys should not be condemned for any crimes an owner was perhaps guilty of 20 years ago, that is just lame!

Art Ross Trophy winners:
  • 2001: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 2000: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1999: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1998: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1997: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1996: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1995: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 1994: Wayne Gretzky, Los Angeles Kings
  • 1993: Mario Lemieux, Pittsburgh Penguins
On the secondary market, the Robo Penguin and especially the gradient is the most popular Penguins jersey ever (except for the 90-92 cup jerseys)

Overall we have a few doom and gloom people that are shouting out loud, but those negative views will not overshadow the Robo Penguins popularity, which will be demonstrated by jersey & merch sales for the Reverse Retro ;)
Something being popular does not mean it is not terrible. Look at the music charts.

im-a-grumpy-old-man-grumpy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Meh. It’s okay. I don’t like it enough to buy one or dislike it enough to hate on it. It’s middle of the pack in terms of jerseys. If they would have gone simpler with it and not so busy especially up by the shoulders it could have been a lot better.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The gradient is being reserved for Jaromir Jagr retirement night, as it was his favorite Penguins jersey. That will be a big occasion and what better way to celebrate it with this cosmic beauty, the city of Pittsburgh & state of PA will be gradient that night and for years afterwards. its going to be so lit :D

hHATtim.jpg

yJq3rzl.jpg
They can wear whatever Jagr wants on Jagr Retirement night. Force them all to grow mullets too. If it actually happens I will be throwing around way more money than I should to be there :laugh:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah, as a kid I remember seeing one of my uncles cancel their season tickets after the Baldwin logo rollout. :laugh: And then the Isles and Pilon happened and he stopped watching the team for like 8 years. Even as a youngin' I hated the logo and I think I probably even blamed it for that disasterous playoff in '93.

I think people also underestimate just how bad an owner Baldwin was and was super unlikeable, to the point where there was nostalgia for the incredibly mobbed up prior owner, Eddie DeBartolo. :laugh:

Also, the idea of having the literal mob running the team is really bizarrely funny to me.
I think quitting on the team for a decade because they didn’t threepeat is probably more bizarre than anything else in this post :laugh:

• Haha

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Can't wear the RoboPenguin jerseys without getting S pushed in by Philly. Didn't they lose 13 straight in PHI during that era? It was rough is all I remember.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Something being popular does not mean it is not terrible. Look at the music charts.

im-a-grumpy-old-man-grumpy.gif
Incidentally I love looking at the charts for like ‘73 and seeing how things like “Afternoon Delight” obliterated the competition.
I think quitting on the team for a decade because they didn’t threepeat is probably more bizarre than anything else in this post :laugh:
:dunno: Why? People do it all the time. Fandom isn’t blood in, blood out like some dumb 90s version of a street gang.

Anyhow said uncle wasn’t too bright anyway. Ended up falling off a ladder while drunk and got even less intellectual

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
My custom jersey from when i was a kid and did stuff like that, was a home robopen.

My favorite jersey i have is the alternate diagonal... Which also has robopen on shoulder

Also have a vegas gold mario one... Robopen on shoulder again!

But i have a nice black skating pen one.

So, despite not really loving robopen, it sure is all over my closet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad