The Robo Penguin Has Returned.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Its when I became a fan so Ill get my nostalgic when I want :D.......dont you have some things to do in Czechoslovakia
Sadly that country no longer exists. But I did get to tell Petr Nedved that his pubis overpriced last week.:laugh:

Also I am a man who was gifted a Milan Kraft robopenguin jersey when I was young and it’s haunted me ever since.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well this more or less guarantees that they are a massive powerhouse this year that steamrolls just about everyone, cruise to the Prez trophy and then get Volek'd in the second round, yes?

I mean... I guess at least they win a round?

Also are we sure these didn't just come from Ollie's? I'd check to make sure one sleeve isn't longer than the other one if you buy one.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Sadly that country no longer exists. But I did get to tell Petr Nedved that his pubis overpriced last week.:laugh:

Also I am a man who was gifted a Milan Kraft robopenguin jersey when I was young and it’s haunted me ever since.
I was under the impression that Czechs didnt like when people still talked about both countries as 1......I was more or less bringing back the nostalgic aspect from 20 years ago

Sounds like you wish they were still one?

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I think fans in general go overboard for 1990s nostalgia.

Let me put on my Cake album so I can prepare to dispute this.

Well this more or less guarantees that they are a massive powerhouse this year that steamrolls just about everyone, cruise to the Prez trophy and then get Volek'd in the second round, yes?

I mean... I guess at least they win a round?

Also are we sure these didn't just come from Ollie's? I'd check to make sure one sleeve isn't longer than the other one if you buy one.

Somewhere, somehow, Kevin Stevens' face really hurts today.

I don't hate it but I don't really love it. Basically I feel the same about this as I have the last 41 alternate jerseys or so.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I never understood the hate for that logo, tbh. I like it. It's no worse than that goofy ass cartoon that looks like something somebody drunkenly painted on the side of a firehouse. :laugh:

The Baldwin era was a really bad time.

Also they switched out to this logo just in time to bone up what looked like a sure threepeat. It's been years but still lots of bad memories. I also just think it's kinda bland and clearly think-tanked by executives compared to other teams' "weird" logos. Like say what you want about the Panthers, Yotes and Nucks ugly ass logos but at least they have some character.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I actually kind of like it, which is surprising since I hated the robo-penguin during it's actual use.

Regardless, I'm never buying another jersey as long as there are ads on the team's NHL ones. So, doesn't really matter to me I guess.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The Baldwin era was a really bad time.

Also they switched out to this logo just in time to bone up what looked like a sure threepeat. It's been years but still lots of bad memories. I also just think it's kinda bland and clearly think-tanked by executives compared to other teams' "weird" logos. Like say what you want about the Panthers, Yotes and Nucks ugly ass logos but at least they have some character.
I only really became a fan and started (casually) watching in like... '95ish? That said, it makes sense that people sort of connect the logo to the botched three-peat. Seems like jinx/superstition stuff though. :laugh: At least there's no return of the shitty gradient.

The Kachina Coyotes logo/jerseys are the best in sports though. Love those.

-edit- If I could change anything about the realistic penguin, I'd get rid of the two stripes on the right and just leave it solid yellow on one side and solid black on the other, I think. Other than that, I probably prefer it to the like, 1950s cartoon Penguin.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I only really became a fan and started (casually) watching in like... '95ish? That said, it makes sense that people sort of connect the logo to the botched three-peat. Seems like jinx/superstition stuff though. :laugh: At least there's no return of the shitty gradient.

The Kachina Coyotes logo/jerseys are the best in sports though. Love those.

Yeah I get that people are nostalgic for it. I know it seems like I'm trying to be a shit in everyone's cut but I'm not. I just think it's no bueno. But whatever it's not like they are going back to it for good so it's cool that there seem to be a lot of people that enjoy it.

...they're just wrong is all.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
When you guys are talking the one with the gradient and without what are you talking about.

Speak to me like I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
When you guys are talking the one with the gradient and without what are you talking about.

Speak to me like I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't

11288.jpg

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
While Lemieux is awesome that picture is not. 😜

Pittsburgh Penguins CCM Gradient Robo Pen Third Jersey NHL Hockey Size XXL: #mercari : Mercari: Your Marketplace

The above link gives a better view of the Jersey. I am not associated with the item. Just did a google search and this has good pics of the Jersey.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I know a lot of the real old timers hate it because it marked the end of the Lemieux Cups and a series of mid/late 90's teams that were full of skill yet lacked results.

However, I became a fan in 1994. The white robopenguin is where it all began for me. I love this. I just wish it was white.

Reactions: Dessloch

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I just want the diagonal in black.

Edit: Looks like we still get that for 8 games this year as the third jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad