OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Whats a Running Back? Does it make the Steel Steeler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And with all of these RBs out there, go get one if Najee doesn't become better at finding holes.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
To anyone interested, Paul Steigerwald will be filling in for Mark today on the Mark Madden Show. I personally wish it was John, but I’ll still be getting my Steigerwald fix.

Ah, STEIGGY!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The Steelers offensive line is ranked 14th here, tied with the Bengals with a score of 54. Here's the writeup:

The offensive line was the unit with biggest jump for Pittsburgh, going from 30th all the way up to 14th this year. The addition of Broderick Jones in the first round of the draft gives them a plug-and-play left tackle, and Isaac Seumalo comes over from Philadelphia to solidify that side of the line. Last year, the Steelers were seventh in pass block win rate.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’m definitely curious to see how Jones fares this preseason. I’ve seen some people say they expect him to win the job and others say that it’s not particularly close between him and Moore (with the edge to Moore).

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’ve read Jones is doing really well with the ground game but having his struggles in pass protection with bull rushers.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Good to see the play calling looks the exact same as it did last year :laugh:

Pickett looks good though. He and Johnson look much more on the same page so far.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
35 yard TD pass from Pickett to Pickens. Perfect pass by Pickett and some nice moves by Pickens to take it in.

Hell of an opening drive. Pickett went 6/7 with 70 yards and the one incompletion was him throwing out of a sack.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Um KP is looking very very good. Great timing with DJ especially. And Pickens making that fake look easy to score.

Great first drive.

35 yard TD pass from Pickett to Pickens. Perfect pass by Pickett and some nice moves by Pickens to take it in.

Hell of an opening drive. Pickett went 8/9 with 70 yards and the one incompletion was him throwing out of a sack.
Chuks is the obvious weak link on that line. Even on the TD his guy was gonna get there if it took any longer.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
That’s about as good as you can expect from the offense. They actually threw to the middle of the field too.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Missed first drive but stats look good for kp. He look good?
Yes, about as good as you can look. Didn’t stare receivers down. Went through progressions and moved around to find open receivers downfield. Ball placement was where it needed to be. Only thing we didn’t see was a deep shot.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Kendrick Green is impressively bad. Like I kind of feel bad for the dude.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Quick first half impressions:
-KP looks like a vet. Smooth command that drive. Exciting times if this is him all year.
-Both DJ and Pickens looked great. Pickens with a great juke to score. He could be a double digit TD guy no doubt.
-Kwon Alexander was everywhere. He wants to be a starter and it showed.
-Austin and McFarland have great speed. Like to see them utilized.

-Green needs a new profession.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Been watching Jones all game. Got stood up on a bull rush and put on roller skates early on, but has looked good since.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Quick first half impressions:
-KP looks like a vet. Smooth command that drive. Exciting times if this is him all year.
-Both DJ and Pickens looked great. Pickens with a great juke to score. He could be a double digit TD guy no doubt.
-Kwon Alexander was everywhere. He wants to be a starter and it showed.
-Austin and McFarland have great speed. Like to see them utilized.

-Green needs a new profession.
You mean other than fullback :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad