GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
And I’ll add this.

Another fail in regards to the cleats. Switzer slips twice early in the game so they roll out 3 suitcases full of different cleats to the sidelines, seemingly to get everyone to change to improve the footing. Even the announcers were talking about to that should have been taken care of in the pregame but wasnt. But nobody changed their shoes!!! And then Bos misses the FG at the end because he slips!!!

Once again, this is the kind of shit that doesn’t happen in New England.

Reactions: KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
This was Tomlin’s worst coaching performance in his disappointing career here.

That says a lot.

Unlimited job security.:help::eek::confused::mad::(:skeptic::huh:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Oh the Steelers lost? How predictable. I turned the game on, and they were down in the 1st quarter. Turned it right back off again and watched Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime Video.

Why waste my time and emotions on this bunch of losers?

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Deja 9 years ago

3A156F0C-C329-46D1-910E-ACE44CFDE339.jpeg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I haven't found the words to describe the last 3 games...

I just can't figure out what to say. Watching the shit show Penguins, then the Steelers too?

Which sporting god did we piss off? Someone sacrifice a chicken or something.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
in the whole scheme of things isnt art ii kind of a loser himself?
Yes, the Rooneys look terrible as of late. What worked in the 1970’s shouldn’t even apply to today’s game. And the Rooney Rule....

I still don’t think Colbert gets enough criticism. Sure, a lot of the issues are with the inept coaching staff, but who hired these idiots? Who has failed to draft the proper players as of late? Who has failed to find a respectable back-up qb for the last 20 years? Who screwed up the Lev Bell situation?

But it’s cool, he’s a local yinzer that grew up in the north side!

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
The whole organization seems more worried about loyalty and old school mentality than winning. They are so scared to be innovative and follow new trends. It wouldn't surprise me if most of them were flat earthers.

I've already said enough about Tomlin so I'm not gonna bother wasting anymore of my time on him but it's nice to see my opinion gain more and more support every week even if it comes at the expense of wins.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
I don't want Tomlin to fail. He's good at some things. That said, his teams ALWAYS under-perform, and when the games actually matter, or are close, he fails.

That's why I want him gone.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Tomlin not sending Ben in earlier is classic down playing the competition.

"I don't need my starter to win against a bad team"

He should be fired. He won't be though. Not when the Rooneys made such a big deal about their "Rooney rule". He will stop coaching the Steelers when he's old and retires. And he's only 46. So, buckle in.

Reactions: domaug

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Tomlin not sending Ben in earlier is classic down playing the competition.

"I don't need my starter to win against a bad team"

He should be fired. He won't be though. Not when the Rooneys made such a big deal about their "Rooney rule". He will stop coaching the Steelers when he's old and retires. And he's only 46. So, buckle in.
It will work itself out once Ben retires. Which is still going to be too long.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Yes, the Rooneys look terrible as of late. What worked in the 1970’s shouldn’t even apply to today’s game. And the Rooney Rule....

I still don’t think Colbert gets enough criticism. Sure, a lot of the issues are with the inept coaching staff, but who hired these idiots? Who has failed to draft the proper players as of late? Who has failed to find a respectable back-up qb for the last 20 years? Who screwed up the Lev Bell situation?

i actually meant that hes supposed to be a huge entitled jerk who has none of the humility of his father or grandfather

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If the Steelers had as many play-makers as the Bears do on defense, would they actually let them make plays? Or would they continue the "tackle the catch" philosophy?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017

The steelers may have issues but Colbert is definitely not one. Everything you said could not be more wrong.

1) Outside of a few missed draft picks (most notably Jarvis, Dupree, and Burns, Colbert's draft picks have been consistently great over 20 years.
2) Batch was always an above average backup. Landy Jones was statistically the definition of sufficient backup QB with a career Qb rating of 80 and a record of .500. I have no idea why you are complaining about this.
3) Bell screwed the Bell situation. Steelers would be beyond stupid to give him the contract that he wants.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The whole organization seems more worried about loyalty and old school mentality than winning. They are so scared to be innovative and follow new trends. It wouldn't surprise me if most of them were flat earthers.

I've already said enough about Tomlin so I'm not gonna bother wasting anymore of my time on him but it's nice to see my opinion gain more and more support every week even if it comes at the expense of wins.

The only reason Butler is defensive coordinator is because of a pinky promise made over a decade ago.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Our 2ndary is horrific. Just stay away from Haden and it's an all you can eat buffet out there.

Hilton should get some looks too on the outside... idk if it would work or if they have and I just havent caught it but at this point try anything.

Butler is either stubborn and idiot or both. He refused to acknowledge and change LBs with zero coverage skills playing man on slot WRs and athletic TEs.

Where the hell is this stupid ass 7 DB dollar defense they were hyping up all f***ing preseason? Although with our shit DBs theres probably a reason.

You can see Boswells confidence is toast and mentally he is gone. Things can go south quick with Kickers so...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Either way... Butler needs to go.

Tomlin, Colbert, Rooney are doing this team a disservice keeping him on.

Let Tomlin call the Defense, until the offseason. I mean worst case we get the same results as we are getting now.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
On the bright side.

I love watching Watt and JuJu.

Both of them guys are so fun to watch.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Nothing like another nice long week of Spider-Man-pointing-at-Spider-Man for Steelers fans trying to figure out what the biggest problem is/who shoulders the most blame.

Bottom line: yesterday was flat out unacceptable. It's one thing to lose that game to a garbage team decimated by injuries who basically tanked their season, but to lose that game after how the last 2 weeks went, with playoff hopes in jeopardy? Yikes...

Season looks grim, but isn't over just yet - they can redeem themselves by winning out. Not confident they can do that. I do think there's a slight chance they could get their act together and win 2 of the last 3, but that won't be easy.

The shame of it all is that every team to some extent this year has shown some heavy weaknesses and faults. We'd be losing our **** too had our team lost the way New England did to Miami, lost to the Lions, and got blown out by the Titans. But that's still an elite team with a proven track record of success, and at the end of the day I believe they'll still win the AFC.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Interesting thing here re: Tomlin. Is he really that much different than McCarthy?

Both inherited HOF QB's.
Both have won a Super Bowl.
Both have had countless playoff exits since said Super Bowls, including a few one & dones (McCarthy with a 15-1 team, Tomlin with a 13-3 team.)
Both missed the playoffs 4 times, if Tomlin misses this year.

Overall records:
Tomlin: 123-65-1 (8-7 playoffs)
McCarthy: 125-77-2 (10-8 playoffs)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The good news is that the bar is set exceptionally low for the next two weeks. Not losing by five touchdowns will feel like a win.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Colbert also hired his son in an important role in the scouting department. Family...yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad