GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Steelers out-stupid the Raiders!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I read that article from Madden last night and I completely agree with him for once. I'm not a Cowherd fan but he is correct about Tomlin. I didn't understand why Bradshaw got heat from some fans in his comments about Tomlin because that's what he is.

Tomlin makes the same mistakes over and over and over. I believe he has lost his last 9 challenges but continues to challenge plays that have no chance of being reversed. He continues to have no clue on how to manage the clock. He said he didn't call a timeout because he was more concerned about stopping the Raiders from scoring. Huh? You have to treat that as if they were going to score so you have enough time left for your offense. How does everyone see this except the head coach of a team? Plus it was comical to think that the defense was going to stop them in the first place.

Teams have no problem firing offense or defense coordinators during the season. The Vikings just fired their OC today. Why the hell does Butler still have a job? When you try to use a LB to cover one of the best WRs in the league then you should be fired immediately. I don't care what his excuse was. It's called adjustments something they have no clue on what that is.

This is stunningly turning into a monumental collapse. Well, at least he won't have to worry about facing the Patriots twice like last year. Oh wait...that didn't happen either.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I read that article from Madden last night and I completely agree with him for once. I'm not a Cowherd fan but he is correct about Tomlin. I didn't understand why Bradshaw got heat from some fans in his comments about Tomlin because that's what he is.

Tomlin makes the same mistakes over and over and over. I believe he has lost his last 9 challenges but continues to challenge plays that have no chance of being reversed. He continues to have no clue on how to manage the clock. He said he didn't call a timeout because he was more concerned about stopping the Raiders from scoring. Huh? You have to treat that as if they were going to score so you have enough time left for your offense. How does everyone see this except the head coach of a team? Plus it was comical to think that the defense was going to stop them in the first place.

Teams have no problem firing offense or defense coordinators during the season. The Vikings just fired their OC today. Why the hell does Butler still have a job? When you try to use a LB to cover one of the best WRs in the league then you should be fired immediately. I don't care what his excuse was. It's called adjustments something they have no clue on what that is.

This is stunningly turning into a monumental collapse. Well, at least he won't have to worry about facing the Patriots twice like last year. Oh wait...that didn't happen either.

Here's the whole Bradshaw thing, just to cleanse the palate . . .

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Troll Level: 10

Seriously?

We got dudes on the other side just straight up laughing at the Steelers this year. Rivers and even friggin' Flacco basically making comments about how easy it was to play the Steelers' defense... in Sunday night prime time games at Heinz Field, nonetheless.

At least we'll always have that Carolina game (both teams are 1-7 since).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Curious that the Steelers so quickly rejected the idea of filing a complaint with the league for the Raiders having 'faulty' x-ray equipment available. :popcorn:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Seriously?

We got dudes on the other side just straight up laughing at the Steelers this year. Rivers and even friggin' Flacco basically making comments about how easy it was to play the Steelers' defense... in Sunday night prime time games at Heinz Field, nonetheless.

At least we'll always have that Carolina game (both teams are 1-7 since).

This place is going to be so much fun Sunday afternoon. We may run out of Vince McMahon GIF's before the end of the first offensive series for the Patriots. :laugh:

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I can’t imagine less than 5 TDs for Brady

More soft zone and big cushion. No bump on the line or press.

Should be fun.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Should be fun.

I can’t see Burns getting burnt by a 3rd string guard lining up as a tight end more than once.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
This place is going to be so much fun Sunday afternoon. We may run out of Vince McMahon GIF's before the end of the first offensive series for the Patriots. :laugh:

I live the Vinny Mac GIF’s. It makes things way more entertaining. I never thought I would see the day that a head coach mangled a situation so badly that “aging” x-ray equipment would blamed for it. The thing that is even more funny is that Tomlin literally contradicted himself during his presser today. He said at one point that whether they were trailing or not was not a determining factor in whether or not Ben was going back into the game. In the very next sentence he then said something to the effect of “once Oakland scored we decided that we needed to use him”

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I got you guys covered.

TyRuqQe.gif

Reactions: domaug and KIRK

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
The last time we beat them, didn’t we go b-lls out press and blitz? Make Dreamboat Tommy get his panties dirty now and then?

Honestly I’d rather go down that way than the soft cushion tackle the catch BS.

Even last year, just bumping Gronk and making Brady go through his progression past his primary, or heaven forbid move his 80 yr old legs, paid dividends.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

Should be fun.
I’ve got Gordon in the playoffs for my fantasy team. So if he could snag 2 of those TD’s, that’d be great.

I honestly hope we get throttled the rest of the year. Sucks Ben is about done, but I want changes. Would’ve been nice to not waste this roster talent.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Troll Level: 10

I think this just shows that B.B. hasn’t even watched tape of the Steelers lately because why should he...he knows they’re just going to play the Pats the same way they did the last 10 games...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think this just shows that B.B. hasn’t even watched tape of the Steelers lately because why should he...he knows they’re just going to play the Pats the same way they did the last 10 games...

And if they don't, Belichik will simply adjust at halftime and expose Tomlin in that way instead.

Reactions: domaug and Andy99

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
If Tomlin coached for ANY other NFL team, at what point would he have been fired? (no need to stick to this season)...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I will confess one thing: @Mr Jiggyfly is 100% correct that this whole x-ray drama is detracting from another game in which the defense of the defensive guru coach collapsed and clock mismanagement mattered. :(

BTW, why do some people call Tomlin a defensive coach. In his 1 whole season as a defensive coordinator, his Minnesota Vikings were ranked 14th overall and 32nd against the pass (2006 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com).

****, @Mr Jiggyfly, Bradshaw was right . . . when Cowher came here, he had years of experience as a DC coaching tough, top defenses. Tomlin? 1 ******* year as a DC coaching the worst pass defense in football. Why should what's happened over the last decade with this defense surprise us?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Tomlin coached for ANY other NFL team, at what point would he have been fired? (no need to stick to this season)...

I'm trying to figure out what qualified him to be hired. To repeat:

MIKE TOMLIN WAS NAMED HEAD COACH OF THE STEELERS AFTER 1 SEASON AS A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN WHICH HIS DEFENSE WAS MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AND HIS PASS DEFENSE WAS THE WORST IN FOOTBALL.

Last edited:
Reactions: domaug

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I will confess one thing: @Mr Jiggyfly is 100% correct that this whole x-ray drama is detracting from another game in which the defense of the defensive guru coach collapsed and clock mismanagement mattered. :(

BTW, why do some people call Tomlin a defensive coach. In his 1 whole season as a defensive coordinator, his Minnesota Vikings were ranked 14th overall and 32nd against the pass (2006 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com).

****, @Mr Jiggyfly, Bradshaw was right . . . when Cowher came here, he had years of experience as a DC coaching tough, top defenses. Tomlin? 1 ******* year as a DC coaching the worst pass defense in football. Why should what's happened over the last decade with this defense surprise us?

Indeed.
I guess we could hope he’d have learned something and improved. But to the contrary. And he’s seemingly too stubborn to understand that, much less change.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Indeed.
I guess we could hope he’d have learned something and improved. But to the contrary. And he’s seemingly too stubborn to understand that, much less change.

Or maybe he's just a crappy defensive coach.

1 year as a DC, a middling defense that was the WORST in football against the pass.

The standard is the standard with Tomlin, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad