OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
See I have us at 4-2. I think Cincinnati whose still breaking a new RT and iol plus the new defensive wrinkle Austin and Flores will have is last year week 1 Buffalo upset. New England o line is worse than ours and Thornton is hurt. Reports from teams they camped with like vegas say they can’t cover anyone. Dobbs isn’t beating us on Thursday. Tampa is s a l and Buffalo will figure out that we blitz Allen from his rookie that and force him to run left and make adjustments for l number 2
Having us at 4-2 is extremely optimistic IMO.

New QB
Atrocious OLine
Defense depth issues

The Bengals are highly likely to smack us around. Coming off a SB loss with sky high expectations. I think they roll us by 10+.

Sidebar- I also have no trust in Canada's play calling.

It'll be like a 34-20 type loss.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Having us at 4-2 is extremely optimistic IMO.

New QB
Atrocious OLine
Defense depth issues

The Bengals are highly likely to smack us around. Coming off a SB loss with sky high expectations. I think they roll us by 10+.

It'll be like a 34-20 type loss.
The Bengals also have an atrocious o line defensive depth issues and teams who lose the super bowl struggle the next season. Burrow missed time in camp with surgery Collins is missing time in camp TJ is healthy that’s scary for Cincinnati.
Canada offense is already in the nfl it’s fair to question his play call ability cause he doesn’t have success in the nfl.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Just move Rudy already. Not sure why they're stringing him along at this point. I'd like to see what he could do for another team. Who would be in need?

Atlanta?
Seattle?

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
The Bengals also have an atrocious o line defensive depth issues and teams who lose the super bowl struggle the next season. Burrow missed time in camp with surgery Collins is missing time in camp TJ is healthy that’s scary for Cincinnati.
Canada offense is already in the nfl it’s fair to question his play call ability cause he doesn’t have success in the nfl.
We'll see soon enough. The spread for the game has us likely around a touchdown underdog. And that's completely valid.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Just move Rudy already. Not sure why they're stringing him along at this point. I'd like to see what he could do for another team. Who would be in need?

Atlanta?
Seattle?
Detroit Rams Texans Bears Cowboys he would be an upgrade at backup. I might take him over Dalton or Taylor in New Orleans or for the Giants as a back up

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Not true. Teams have won Super Bowls with worse o line in the past 25 years. Teams have also played in the super bowl with worst o line men it takes an elite defense and luck to overcome the o line. Or having burrow or Maholmes

Name those teams

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

By the by, how are people feeling about this after pre-season? So far I feel like they've done good business on giving Pickett something to work with, and it hasn't gone bad with Trubisky and Rudolph insofar as the line has permitted.

Bit early to say I have trust, but I can at least buy the idea that maybe he won't look totally awful with tools more suited to what he wants to do. Crunch will come in those 3rd and short/goal line situations in the season obviously.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
By the by, how are people feeling about this after pre-season? So far I feel like they've done good business on giving Pickett something to work with, and it hasn't gone bad with Trubisky and Rudolph insofar as the line has permitted.

Bit early to say I have trust, but I can at least buy the idea that maybe he won't look totally awful with tools more suited to what he wants to do. Crunch will come in those 3rd and short/goal line situations in the season obviously.
The greatest play calling in the world won't offset a crap OL.. Unless the OL improves, it will limit the playbook and we'll have a lot of 3 and outs with a lot of passes short of the sticks on 3rd and 6.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Guess there is legit interest in Rudolph:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "there is some interest around the league" in a trade for Mason Rudolph.​

Rapoport added Pittsburgh would move him "for the right price."

Hopefully he gets away from Pgh and the idiot Yinzers who booed him.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yeah I'd like to see him away from this team with a fresh start.

I haven’t been the biggest fan of his, but he’s been nothing but professional while dealing with a bunch of shit.

-Roethlisberger questioning the selection of him
-Not having a QB coach his rookie year
-The whole Garrett incident
-Getting booed by the fans
-This whole QB “competition”

Most backups don’t have to put up with all that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ye, not what I expect Tomlin to do, but yep…

Steelers haven’t started a rookie QB since 1970 with Bradshaw, so I doubt that changes unless KP plays insane and MT really shits the bed.

MT would have to throw a couple picks and not move the offense to lose the job. He was anointed by Tomlin the day he signed, I think we all know that.

I’m fine with it for now.

I’m just going to enjoy seeing KP play his last game for a awhile, and hopefully he leaves us with a good last impression.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Steelers haven’t started a rookie QB since 1970 with Bradshaw, so I doubt that changes unless KP plays insane and MT really shits the bed.

MT would have to throw a couple picks and not move the offense to lose the job. He was anointed by Tomlin the day he signed, I think we all know that.

I’m fine with it for now.

I’m just going to enjoy seeing KP play his last game for a awhile, and hopefully he leaves us with a good last impression.
idk if by trading mt instead of Rudy and bringing back a much better player that would fill one of our big holes. (like someone to anchor the o-line) I would be fine starting kp and having Rudy hold the clip board.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
idk if by trading mt instead of Rudy and bringing back a much better player that would fill one of our big holes. (like someone to anchor the o-line) I would be fine starting kp and having Rudy hold the clip board.

I want to see KP play now and start learning, but the first six weeks could get ugly.

I don’t want to see KP pulled and MT go in - just bad optics IMHO.

This isn’t a situation like in Cincy where they were a laughingstock and perennial losers.

Burrow had the luxury of being the guy and he could blow and work through it, because Cincy was ass and had their usual ass expectations.

Tomlin will not let KP struggle and sink their record - we can say it’s because he doesn’t want to have his first losing season or because he thinks they are SB contests… doesn’t matter really.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I want to see KP play now and start learning, but the first six weeks could get ugly.

I don’t want to see KP pulled and MT go in - just bad optics IMHO.

This isn’t a situation like in Cincy where they were a laughingstock and perennial losers.

Burrow had the luxury of being the guy and he could blow and work through it, because Cincy was ass and had their usual ass expectations.

Tomlin will not let KP struggle and sink their record - we can say it’s because he doesn’t want to have his first losing season or because he thinks they are SB contests… doesn’t matter really.
all the more reason to trade mt. kp would safely be the starter with rudy as back up.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Leaving aside that it's not happening, I don't think Trubisky is going to bring back anything good at this stage. Nobody wants to trade big for a back-up, nobody wants to bring in Trubisky to start at this point of the off-season. The only reason to trade Trubisky is if you want Pickett to start and not come out barring disaster, which the team clearly don't want to do. And personally I'm on their side.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I want them to try to reclaim Trubisky. I want to see the staff do that, and I think if they can do that, and they can then turn him around for a couple of picks, it sets this team in motion for at least 5 years.

Imagine next year we are coming into camp with the guy we know is going to be our franchise QB, we have a franchise RB, we are covered at all of the skill positions, our defense actually played to top 5 in the league, we have a couple addition top 96 picks, and about 22m in cap space.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It’s an interesting position to be in with the three QBs, beyond their abilities/status as all between 1b and 2b types. There’s reason for “attachment” to each of them, from a young FA you targeted to a guy you drafted in the first round to a faithful warrior.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There's no real benefit for starting Pickett over Trubisky at this point unless you think it's the difference between a super bowl contender and not.

Be patient with Pickett. This year is a rebuilding year more than anything else, their franchise QB just retired and they're going into this year with a journeyman and a rookie. They're not winning anything this year, so rushing to put him in as the starter so you might go 10-7 instead of 8-9 this year, while possibly risking ruining his development, seems like a waste.

I totally believe Pickett can play in the NFL right now and give good results. I also don't see a benefit in risking rushing him to the role this year with it being a rebuilding year.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
What exactly are you basing this on?

The ravens had oher, yanda, and osmelie (sp?) on their line the year they won the SB
The 2000 ravens you said 25 years. Denver with manning making the correct checks at the line hid his terrible o line. Giants with Eli are probably the worst offense to win a super bowl

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad