OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
From March. Swing and miss there big guy. Have fun with your mindless ramblings and being a condescending douche to people.

Ya, so douchey of me not letting people pretend Roth lucked into his SB wins when that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If only I played along with the resident Roth haters, I wouldn’t upset you and a few others.

Let’s not forget you tried to call me out - so who was the douche first?

Might want to look up what a hypocrite is.

Here is the link to what you said in Nov:

You said none of these guys are the answer, but if they take someone you will support it… so you were on the KP bandwagon simply because it was obvious the Steelers were going QB, but you also clearly stated he wouldn’t be the answer.

That’s what we call being wishy washy.

As for Stafford, dude was exactly what I said he was in Det.

After the trade I said he could have a career resurgence going to an actual good team run by a prodigy offensive mind.

I expected more playoff success but no, not a SB.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Yes the same guy who probably had the worst OLine of any Sb winner in the past 25 years. Yup you've got it
Not true. Teams have won Super Bowls with worse o line in the past 25 years. Teams have also played in the super bowl with worst o line men it takes an elite defense and luck to overcome the o line. Or having burrow or Maholmes

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Are we really disputing Ben's career until 2017 or so? Dumb. He was good to great and we won 2 SBs. He really dragged the franchise down in 2018 and beyond and the presumption that an athlete who never took care of himself deserved another $100M at age 37+ is dumb.

Before that I think the only qualms would be the substandard playoff performances in the Tebow game, the Baltimore game the next year, and the lack of TDs against Miami/KC/Cinci in 2016 etc. Really he was a mediocre playoff QB in the second half of his career. But ya gotta get there first. And he did that at an awesome clip.
He led the league in passing and set career highs in several categories the year before he blew his elbow out, so it was really 2019 and beyond, IMO. If 2018 Ben returned and didn’t blow his elbow out in 2019, who knows how the last couple of years would have gone.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Ya, so douchey of me not letting people pretend Roth lucked into his SB wins when that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

If only I played along with the resident Roth haters, I wouldn’t upset you and a few others.

Let’s not forget you tried to call me out - so who was the douche first?

Might want to look up what a hypocrite is.

Here is the link to what you said in Nov:

You said none of these guys are the answer, but if they take someone you will support it… so you were on the KP bandwagon because it was obvious the Steelers were going QB, but you also clearly stated he wouldn’t be the answer.

That’s what we call being wishy washy.

As for Stafford, dude was exactly what I said he was in Det.

After the trade I said he could have a career resurgence going to an actual good team run by a prodigy offensive mind.

I expected more playoff success but no, not a SB.

Well yeah I think trying to label people as not real fans is incredibly douchey. So it is what it is.

I was absolutely wishy washy. I even admitted yesterday I flip flopped on his potential a few times so that’s not really a grand reveal. Part of that comes from being a Pitt fan and having witnessed his career from start to finish though. I’ve seen the dude throw for 8 yards in the ACC Championship game. I’ve seen him cross the line of scrimmage and then run back behind it and throw the ball, ruining a 4th quarter comeback drive against Notre Dame. It’s tough to get some of those memories as a fan out of your head.

And no I wasn’t just on board because I knew they were going QB. If you want to believe that, whatever.

Look I don’t disagree with a lot of what you were saying yesterday. I don’t really care whether he’ll be considered elite if he wins. I think we can just move on and root for that to happen.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He led the league in passing and set career highs in several categories the year before he blew his elbow out, so it was really 2019 and beyond, IMO. If 2018 Ben returned and didn’t blow his elbow out in 2019, who knows how the last couple of years would have gone.
Didn't he also lead the league in INTs? And wasn't exactly impressive once he lost AB at the end

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well yeah I think trying to label people as not real fans is incredibly douchey. So it is what it is.

I was absolutely wishy washy. I even admitted yesterday I flip flopped on his potential a few times so that’s not really a grand reveal. Part of that comes from being a Pitt fan and having witnessed his career from start to finish though. I’ve seen the dude throw for 8 yards in the ACC Championship game. I’ve seen him cross the line of scrimmage and then run back behind it and throw the ball, ruining a 4th quarter comeback drive against Notre Dame. It’s tough to get some of those memories as a fan out of your head.

And no I wasn’t just on board because I knew they were going QB. If you want to believe that, whatever.

Look I don’t disagree with a lot of what you were saying yesterday. I don’t really care whether he’ll be considered elite if he wins. I think we can just move on and root for that to happen.

Bro it wasn’t real fans in that sense like what the f***?

That upsets you? Uh…

I don’t know what term to use that wouldn’t somehow offend you, but there are fans that grow up loving and following the team vs people who watch because their fantasy QB or whatever is playing that day.

One type of fan is way more invested in the success of the TEAM than the other.

That is quite a significant difference and if you want to coin a different term to separate them, feel free.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

well that’s about it for KP’s career. Every video this guy makes seems to jinx that player

But seriously— good vid, thought I should share.

Kurt Warner and JT O’Sullivan also made YouTube videos on Kenny today.

Not only doesnt it seem like hes processing and making the correct reads per the video above but he has been cool in the face of pressure. Two thing you always have to worry about with rookies.

Accuracy is what is gonna set him apart. Multiple throws in that series were placed perfectly. Throwing his guy open and in stride.

Whew

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Not only doesnt it seem like hes processing and making the correct reads per the video above but he has been cool in the face of pressure. Two thing you always have to worry about with rookies.

Accuracy is what is gonna set him apart. Multiple throws in that series were placed perfectly. Throwing his guy open and in stride.

Whew
Yeah pre snap he is doing great choosing the 1dt read and anticipating the correct window to throw through. He isn’t getting much post snap but Gregg Cosel said that is what whipple trained him to do in college.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Yeah pre snap he is doing great choosing the 1dt read and anticipating the correct window to throw through. He isn’t getting much post snap but Gregg Cosel said that is what whipple trained him to do in college.

Yeah I think it’s an area a lot of rookie QBs struggle with in their first year or so. But Pickett went through those struggles back in 2019 when Whipple implemented his offense. Obviously there’s still going to be an adjustment period in the pros, but it’s nice to see that strength of his translating so far.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Yeah I think it’s an area a lot of rookie QBs struggle with in their first year or so. But Pickett went through those struggles back in 2019 when Whipple implemented his offense. Obviously there’s still going to be an adjustment period in the pros, but it’s nice to see that strength of his translating so far.
The preseason doesn't give me much. I hope to see them give KP some time when the games count to really see how far along he is.

I assume it'll be the Mitch show until we are out of contention.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The preseason doesn't give me much. I hope to see them give KP some time when the games count to really see how far along he is.

I don’t think Tomlin will wait that long to insert Pickett. I believe Trubisky will start but if he is turning the ball over or seems to not be winning us games (as opposed to even actively losing them), then I think MT will switch to Pickett…just a guess though

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I don’t think Tomlin will wait that long to insert Pickett. I believe Trubisky will start but if he is turning the ball over or seems to not be winning us games (as opposed to even actively losing them), then I think MT will switch to Pickett…just a guess though
Ya I'd hope to see him early on. I mean Pickett is almost the same age. He's not some 21 yr old.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Before pre season I figured MT was going to get to the bye with MR backing up until week 7. KP was going to be the QB going against our 1st stringers in practice until they quietly bump him to Qb 2 and the go the bye and potentially get him to take over for the saints game. Mt is good enough to get us to the playoffs

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Before pre season I figured MT was going to get to the bye with MR backing up until week 7. KP was going to be the QB going against our 1st stringers in practice until they quietly bump him to Qb 2 and the go the bye and potentially get him to take over for the saints game. Mt is good enough to get us to the playoffs
To be fair none of our QBs will get us to the playoffs if our OLine doesn't have a drastic change.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I’m leaning towards MT because the first six games are going to be ROUGH with four really good opponents sandwiched between a couple milquetoasts.

KP will likely be running for his life and it’s harder to go from a rookie to a vet, than vice versa.

Hopefully KP gets in by mid season when the schedule eases up a bit.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m leaning towards MT because the first six games are going to be ROUGH with four really good opponents sandwiched between a couple milquetoasts.

KP will likely be running for his life and it’s harder to go from a rookie to a vet, than vice versa.

Yeah, I think a lot depends on how Trubisky is performing and if we’re losing games, how we’re losing them…if Tomlin thinks Pickett can do a better job even limiting his reads, I think we’ll see him sooner…

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

First 6 games let's see...
Bengals....L
Pats...W
Browns...W
Jets...W
Bills...L
TB...L

Now let me regrade with the Tomlin effect...
Bengals...W
Pats...L
Browns...W
Jets...L
Bills...W
Bucs...L

3-3 is what I anticipate. Tomlin will win ones he shouldn't and lose to the Jets. It's tradition

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Bengals....L
Pats...W
Browns...W
Jets...W
Bills...L
TB...L

Bengals...W
Pats...L
Browns...W
Jets...L
Bills...W
Bucs...L

3-3 is what I anticipate. Tomlin will win ones he shouldn't and lose to the Jets. It's tradition

The Patriots game is going to be really interesting. Mac Jones and Hunter Henry don’t scare me as much as Brady and Gronk, but there’s obviously the BB factor.

And their offense is apparently going through a pretty big adjustment with Matt Patricia of all people in charge of it, so things could be ugly for them early on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's so vile to read...what is wrong with people?

What makes it worse is that the Bills knew about the accusations but still took him anyway. Just proves more and more of how much of a joke the NFL is when it comes to these kind of things.

They'll take a stand and say how much they support the victims until they get a guy who can kick a ball 80 yards.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Bengals....L
Pats...W
Browns...W
Jets...W
Bills...L
TB...L

Bengals...W
Pats...L
Browns...W
Jets...L
Bills...W
Bucs...L

Ya the Tomlin effect is going to make this difficult... hmm...

Bengals - L
Pats - L
Browns - W
Jets - L
Bills - W
TB - L

I figure sure things are Hoodie and Brady own Tomlin so that is two Ls.

Bengals at home opening game is going to be really rough with a new Qb no matter who it is.

Browns - LOL

Jets and Bills would seem like a W and L, but it's Tomlin so I'm going with a L and W.

Ya that's ugly... 2-4.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
What makes it worse is that the Bills knew about the accusations but still took him anyway. Just proves more and more of how much of a joke the NFL is when it comes to these kind of things.

They'll take a stand and say how much they support the victims until they get a guy who can kick a ball 80 yards.
It's ridiculous. If that's all truth the guy should be in prison for a long while...but if proven he'd probably get some probation and an NFL suspension of what 4-6 games?

Ya the Tomlin effect is going to make this difficult... hmm...

Bengals - L
Pats - L
Browns - W
Jets - L
Bills - W
TB - L

I figure sure things are Hoodie and Brady own Tomlin so that is two Ls.

Bengals at home opening game is going to be really rough with a new Qb no matter who it is.

Browns - LOL

Jets and Bills would seem like a W and L, but it's Tomlin so I'm going with a L and W.
Finally common ground. See we think a like after all.

The Patriots and Jets are likely losses. I think we suprise either the Bills or Bucs.

2-4 or 3-3 is pretty much a guarantee.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
If he is found guilty in a criminal court of law, he will absolutely be serving jail time. I have zero doubt.

The question will be how much evidence does the prosecution have that the events did happen. If they did a rape kit on the victim and his DNA is there, he is done.

And I don't think he would be seen again in the NFL. He'd end up serving probably 5-10 years in prison and after that nobody is going to touch him. Especially for a punter.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's ridiculous. If that's all truth the guy should be in prison for a long while...but if proven he'd probably get some probation and an NFL suspension of what 4-6 games?

The Patriots and Jets are likely losses. I think we suprise either the Bills or Bucs.

We had common ground all along, or I wouldn't have compared the KP - Burrow situation to Roth - Rodgers.

I even have agreed for years Roth is a douche nozzle.

Something got lost in translation with all the other posts popping in on our convo and the known Roth haters coming out, but the world is full of worse problems.

I don't see Tomlin beating even a geriatric Brady. Would be fun to see KP battle Brady and win though, kind of like Roth in '04. Thats when I knew Steelers fortunates were about to change.

Reactions: Flying Dego

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

See I have us at 4-2. I think Cincinnati whose still breaking a new RT and iol plus the new defensive wrinkle Austin and Flores will have is last year week 1 Buffalo upset. New England o line is worse than ours and Thornton is hurt. Reports from teams they camped with like vegas say they can’t cover anyone. Dobbs isn’t beating us on Thursday. Tampa is s a l and Buffalo will figure out that we blitz Allen from his rookie that and force him to run left and make adjustments for l number 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad