OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Can't believe the rewarded Tomlin with an extension and raise. i hope all of those Steelers fans that chanted fire Canada realize they had the wrong target in their sights.
I don't think Canada is anything to write home about either!

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I like Fields, he's super mobile and if he can just find his shit he could be a massive steal. But I don't know, this entire coaching staff from Tomlin to the new OC and the QB coach, I'm not confident at all that this team is capable of figuring it out.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Can't believe the rewarded Tomlin with an extension and raise. i hope all of those Steelers fans that chanted fire Canada realize they had the wrong target in their sights.
It's Pittsburgh tradition. Extend dipshit coaches.

Tomlin, Sullivan...whatever the f*** the Pirates are doing.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It's hard to make any conclusions about Fields yet. He's every bit the athlete he's cracked up to be, but he's slow in processing. Basically, a very poor man's Lamar Jackson.

It's also hard to make conclusions about Arthur Smith yet, but I hate what I saw out there from his offense.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Canada was a buffoon. But the fans should have put him in that position. The REAL problem remains, with a nice, shiny new contract in tow.
I'm not a Tomlin fan either but since he's not going anywhere there's no point in chasing a lost cause. I'm not exactly thrilled with Arthur Smith but he has to be better than Canada.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Steelers are what the Penguins would have been if they didn’t get rid of Bylsma. Tomlin sucks and it’s crazy how many Steelers fans are in denial about that guy.
No one is in denial, we know what's going on. But it aint not gonna change, so no point in talking bout it. You either accept it or you root for another team.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'm not a Tomlin fan either but since he's not going anywhere there's no point in chasing a lost cause. I'm not exactly thrilled with Arthur Smith but he has to be better than Canada.

Not necessarily true. Look at how the Pens and Steelers reacted when Hextall and Canada were booed out of the stadium. Are either here today?

Art just needs some heat for it to be a topic.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
The thing about this caveat is you usually hear it about "don't get overexcited, nobody's putting out their starters" or "don't worry, we've seen them do it regular season, just knocking some rust off".

It is, to the best of my knowledge, a lot less applicable to a bunch of new guys and rookies feeling their way through and looking overwhelmed by 90% football. Right now the biggest takeaway from these two games is the Steelers might not have a RT. I'd say the second is they mightn't have a QB either but I feel bad talking crap on either guy when, you know, they're in a shambles. I mean give me fifteen minutes and I'll probably be talking crap but the point still stands.

Yeah I would certainly like to be trying to temper my expectations for the offense instead of trying to convince myself they’ll put things together. The line and RT look rough right now but I think a young line was always going to look rough at first. Especially with Jones playing out of position and with an elbow injury that is apparently impacting him.

The QB situation though…I just don’t know about that one. The small sample on Wilson looked an awful lot like the guy we saw in Denver. And so far in the games Fields looks an awful lot like the guy we’ve seen in Chicago. I’ll try to remain optimistic but not sure how much hope I have for either of those guys.

Reactions: Peat

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's hard to make any conclusions about Fields yet. He's every bit the athlete he's cracked up to be, but he's slow in processing. Basically, a very poor man's Lamar Jackson.

It's also hard to make conclusions about Arthur Smith yet, but I hate what I saw out there from his offense.
He schemed up guys open 2 weeks in a row. Today JF missed 2 tds.
They ate going to run and throw deep off of play action

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
No one is in denial, we know what's going on. But it aint not gonna change, so no point in talking bout it. You either accept it or you root for another team.
You can still be a fan and not accept it. There are plenty of Pens fans on this board who don’t accept it.

But most people around the area that talk about the Steelers act like they have as good a shot to win the Super Bowl as anyone else. It’s weird how so many people have their heads in the sand about this management group, or the Pirates, even.

Reactions: Night Shift

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not necessarily true. Look at how the Pens and Steelers reacted when Hextall and Canada were booed out of the stadium. Are either here today?

Art just needs some heat for it to be a topic.
Yeah, well that's not gonna happen. Tomlin is viewed as an institution. We know why he was hired in 1st place. And while he accorded himself well for a few years with another coaches players we ALL know what's going on.

It's obvious. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t know if jones is playing out of position I think troy is the better Lt. jones gets way to high in pass blocking

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yeah, well that's not gonna happen. Tomlin is viewed as an institution. We know why he was hired in 1st place. And while he accorded himself well for a few years with another coaches players we ALL know what's going on.

It's obvious. lol

Lol I know

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I thought Russ looked the worse of the two but it's not like Fields did nearly enough to do anything to make Tomlin revisit the "pole position". Thought his unit moved the ball better though.

I'd give Russ like a D and Fields like a C

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You can still be a fan and not accept it. There are plenty of Pens fans on this board who don’t accept it.

But most people around the area that talk about the Steelers act like they have as good a shot to win the Super Bowl as anyone else. It’s weird how so many people have their heads in the sand about this management group, or the Pirates, even.
If you can't accept it then you're just a glutton for punishment.

Again no one believes we are a SB contender. But we are competitive within the division. I think that's a very fair statement. We went 5-1 last year without Burrow playin. Not bad with an anemic offense.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

It's almost like Derry Maine as if a Clown lives in the town and has everyone hypnotized in delusion.

Reactions: PenguinSuitedUp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad