OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah I didn't love the decision by Fields to keep it, felt like Perine? Shampklin? had a lane there
Having rewatched not only is that true (or at least it is when the guard gets to the second level), but Buffalo 96 is unblocked and eyes on Fields and is right in Fields' lane. Obviously Fields can run right round that guy, but that buys everyone else the time to get there.

But then of course Fields is backing himself way he was running. And they saw it coming. That needed to be a different play imo.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's not the greatest look that despite facing a QB who doesn't pass, the Steelers have still got gouged by the run.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Having rewatched not only is that true (or at least it is when the guard gets to the second level), but Buffalo 96 is unblocked and eyes on Fields and is right in Fields' lane. Obviously Fields can run right round that guy, but that buys everyone else the time to get there.

But then of course Fields is backing himself way he was running. And they saw it coming. That needed to be a different play imo.
Yeah, bad play call & bad execution. One of my biggest gripes with Arthur Smith in ATL was his RZ playcalling

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fields is playing nice (bar his attempt to do a Trubisky) but he should be given the opposition and there kinda needs to be points.

Edit: he typed on an overthrow and then there's a false start so I'll shut up now

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Even with the caveat that this is preseason and ultimately doesn’t matter, it would be nice to see something to get a little excited about on offense.

The QB situation is questionable. The WR situation is kind of concerning. Tackle situation looks rough. Smith has had some wonky play calling. Lot to get sorted out before the regular season.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I sometimes think this current version of the Steelers is teaching me to enjoy shaking my head in bafflement at really sloppy football more than I enjoy actually good football.

Help.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hoooooooollllllllllllyyyyyyyy heck like!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help:

I feel like a hamburger in a burger joint!

That was karma for all the Pickett shit talking the past couple of days :laugh:
Don't talk about that 3rd stringer anymore, enough, he's gone! Let him go!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Good: Cameron Johnston, Herbig, uhhhh.... Connor Heyward made a cool play

Bad: Broderick Jones and the 1st team offense, injuries to Warren (hammy) and Payton Wilson (concussion)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
With the amount of changes with both players and coaching staff you'd expect some struggles, but this is a bit scary. Still, it was mildly better than last week.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Even with the caveat that this is preseason and ultimately doesn’t matter, it would be nice to see something to get a little excited about on offense.

The QB situation is questionable. The WR situation is kind of concerning. Tackle situation looks rough. Smith has had some wonky play calling. Lot to get sorted out before the regular season.

The thing about this caveat is you usually hear it about "don't get overexcited, nobody's putting out their starters" or "don't worry, we've seen them do it regular season, just knocking some rust off".

It is, to the best of my knowledge, a lot less applicable to a bunch of new guys and rookies feeling their way through and looking overwhelmed by 90% football. Right now the biggest takeaway from these two games is the Steelers might not have a RT. I'd say the second is they mightn't have a QB either but I feel bad talking crap on either guy when, you know, they're in a shambles. I mean give me fifteen minutes and I'll probably be talking crap but the point still stands.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I blame the coaches more than I blame Jones…Meyer should have been shown the door along with Canada…Tomlin runs a very unprofessional organization…Steelers appear just as unserious as the Pens and Bucs….sad time in Pittsburgh sports
It's looking like it, fortunately these games don't count. But there needs to be a decided move forward over the next three weeks, ouch!

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad