OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I’m once again asking for them to stop the Broderick Jones at RT experiment. Put him at LT and let him play just that. He was bad in pass pro last year and he’s been awful through the first couple preseason games.
I still can't believe the reason we're doing this is because Dan Moore doesn't have position flexibility lol. Yeah, let's not cater to our top 15 pick

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I'm not taking anything out of pre-season performance that isn't solely judging physicality.

Last pre-season's offensive success proved enough to me not to expect much of what happens to carry over into real games with real gameplanning and effort.

That said, an offensive lineman continually getting out-maneuvered and on that last sack straight up out-muscled out of the way is a bit concerning. Hopefully it can be chalked up to not giving 100% effort in games that don't matter but woof Broderick's been bad so far.

Reactions: Andy99

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Not impressed with the arm of Wilson so far, hopefully he's not really trying.

That pass out to the flat took forever to get there.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
It’s just preseason and the line did him absolutely no favors, but this certainly didn’t do anything to make me feel about about the concerns I have with Wilson being the starter.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
All of those so called Steelers experts...............and LOOK WHAT Lil sexy Kev is concerned about last week. Show one other Steelers expert that had this take.

Call me..............The ONLY INSIDER
Great job Kev

Dink..........Dink..........Dink..................Dink.............run............run..........Dink..........Dink..............Dink

Players and some coaches changes,............same crappy conservative Mike Tomlin offense.

Reactions: lastcupever75

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Yeah this OL is going to have growing pains. There's a pretty good chance we'll see 3 rookies + Jones (who is still probably the most raw of the bunch) at some point. They need to get their shit together pretty quickly.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Not impressed with the arm of Wilson so far, hopefully he's not really trying.

That pass out to the flat took forever to get there.
If he was playing for another team you'd say this guy sucks. If you play like you're not really trying you have a good chance to get injured, since there are players who really are trying.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wilson finally figuring out that Jones is garbage and getting the ball out quick lol

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Better velocity on that throw over the middle, the last one was a wounded duck out to the flat.

I think Pickens got that second foot down with the toe-drag.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Garbage team…pretty much no unit looks good and Allen even isn’t playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad