OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I'm probably spending too much time on twitter but it feels like we're going to get a resolution to all this shit soon.

It’s been one of the weirdest sagas I’ve ever seen for the Steelers. Looking like there’s a good chance he’ll be a Steeler but we’ll see.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
IMG_1303.jpeg

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’ve seen some people speculating that this is the Steelers starting to use the media to apply some pressure on SF which makes some sense.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
SF looks bad in all of this. They’ve had all off season to figure it out.

They have had offers and deals. Just make an effing decision. Either pay the price he wants for a contract or move on and get what you can. It’s not like they’re trading Jerry Rice.

Reactions: Andy99 and T1K

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
All I know is that this team needs some WR help after watching their preseason game, so I’m praying this deal gets done.

I think we’re in endgame with it now, it’s just a question of how long it takes Aiyuk and the 49ers to make a decision.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I’ve seen some people speculating that this is the Steelers starting to use the media to apply some pressure on SF which makes some sense.

My reading would be that the pressure is on Aiyuk. Ditto the Russini article. It feels like Aiyuk is still trying to fish that deal out of the 49ers and doesn't want to say "okay, let's go, here's my final choice" and keeping people waiting.

That doesn't fit what Garofolo is saying but it does fit a bunch of others.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
SF looks bad in all of this. They’ve had all off season to figure it out.

They have had offers and deals. Just make an effing decision. Either pay the price he wants for a contract or move on and get what you can. It’s not like they’re trading Jerry Rice.

I legitimately have no clue what they’re doing through this whole thing. Why they won’t just pay him beats me.

Reactions: Peat

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
From another site:

Sifting through this stuff of reports sounds like Russini and Pallesario are getting a lot of information from the Niners, Schefter and Garfalio from Aiyuk himself, and Rapapport somehow from us. Just based on how their words are constructed Russini and Pallesario keep talking about how the Niners are trying but it's Aiyuk, Shefty and Garifalio are saying how the Niners need to come up, and Rapapport keeps saying how we think we're right there on a deal but SF keeps changing the ask.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
From another site:

Sifting through this stuff of reports sounds like Russini and Pallesario are getting a lot of information from the Niners, Schefter and Garfalio from Aiyuk himself, and Rapapport somehow from us. Just based on how their words are constructed Russini and Pallesario keep talking about how the Niners are trying but it's Aiyuk, Shefty and Garifalio are saying how the Niners need to come up, and Rapapport keeps saying how we think we're right there on a deal but SF keeps changing the ask.
It has been interesting to me to infer the "perspective" on the reporting, i.e. where someone is getting their information and then sharing it with that perspective implicit.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I legitimately have no clue what they’re doing through this whole thing. Why they won’t just pay him beats me.

I wonder how much of the 49ers position is influenced by having paid a lot to Samuel and Bosa, and wanting to re-establish a line in the sand for future negotiations.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Beyond Jagr watch, this is the most infuriating rumor/speculation saga that never ever seems to end!

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I wonder how much of the 49ers position is influenced by having paid a lot to Samuel and Bosa, and wanting to re-establish a line in the sand for future negotiations.

It seems like that very well may be the case but it also seems like a good way to lose top tier players.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Pay him and trade him later if you can’t afford him seems prudent, but I guess there’s a line to be drawn in the sand as @Peat says.

Aiyuk saw all his teammates get market reset money so I guess he wants that.

Khan is doing this correctly though. You have a price you will pay, tell 49ers to come back to us if it works. If not we will move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad