OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Steelers offered Aiyuk and HE ACCEPTED four years 28 million per. That's just below Watts number.

Problem is the Niners want an absurd return.

We'll give up a 2hd and a 5th, those godless fools want a 2hd and 3rd in the same draft. They're sick ppl out there!

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Steelers offered Aiyuk and HE ACCEPTED four years 28 million per. That's just below Watts number.

Problem is the Niners want an absurd return.

We'll give up a 2hd and a 5th, those godless fools want a 2hd and 3rd in the same draft. They're sick ppl out there!
Not worried about the 3rd instead of 5 because they are probably trading Daniels for a pick plus you can limit the snaps of jf to make sure it stays a 6 going back to Chicago we also got an additional 5 and 6 from the Green Dotson trade last season

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Mainly played LT/LG in College and with the Ravens. Probably just depth competing for the practice squad

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

mexican-standoff-standoff.gif

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Like. The trade needs to happen or we need to move on. Even if the trade goes through Aiyuk has had what, zero football activities this off-season?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Like. The trade needs to happen or we need to move on. Even if the trade goes through Aiyuk has had what, zero football activities this off-season?
There’s 2 weeks after the last pre season game before the season starts but yes ideally this is done so he can play against Buffalo and be apart of the scrimmage

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not worried about the 3rd instead of 5 because they are probably trading Daniels for a pick plus you can limit the snaps of jf to make sure it stays a 6 going back to Chicago we also got an additional 5 and 6 from the Green Dotson trade last season
We're gonna need a DL, RB and a CB soon. We can't afford to trade two of our 1st three picks. A 2hd and a 5th is fair. Especially with the salary we're taken on.

Also, no way Khan gives up a 2hd and a 3rd in the same draft with how his draft success seems to have gone thus far.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
We're gonna need a DL, RB and a CB soon. We can't afford to trade two of our 1st three picks. A 2hd and a 5th is fair. Especially with the salary we're taken on.

Also, no way Khan gives up a 2hd and a 3rd in the same draft with how his draft success seems to have gone thus far.
They seem to really like DJ wouldn’t be surprised if he gets extended.
I still think they bring back Najee and Warren
There going to have money to spend in FA

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They seem to really like DJ wouldn’t be surprised if he gets extended.
I still think they bring back Najee and Warren
There going to have money to spend in FA
I'd like to see DJ in a few games 1st before being married to that idea.

Agree about Najee and Warren and Free agency.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Fields is weird bc his college tape was so much better as a passer than he’s been in the pros.

I guess it’s the WR room he had? Idk. Timing looked better. But NFL is just a different level of competition I guess.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Fields is weird bc his college tape was so much better as a passer than he’s been in the pros.

I guess it’s the WR room he had? Idk. Timing looked better. But NFL is just a different level of competition I guess.

NFL is so much more difficult due to increased factors: hash marks are closer to the middle of the field, competition/talent factor, etc.

That's why good scouts are worth their weight in gold. It's hard to predict: yes this person's skills will translate to the next level.
And it's not just physical talents, it's processing speed (esp for QB's) the ability to overcome adversity, newfound fame/money, etc.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Also the Bills just put Claypool on season ending IR. His career has absolutely cratered since leaving PIT and it would not shock me if he’s out of the league soon.

• Wow
Reactions: JTG

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

My guess is that if you studied the tape extensively, it'd show his mechanics break down more than most under pressure and he's been under a ton more pressure in the NFL, both on and off the pitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad