GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
This win (or more appropriately , Raven loss) doesn’t matter because after a tough game, they have to go on the road for a Thurs night game….there are stark discrepancies between home teams and road teams on Thursday night and the home teams have a great advantage on a short week

You are really Bob Grove, aren't you. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
There wasn't any "analytics" in Harbaugh's decision, dude thinks he sounds smart but he's simply a MORAN.
i

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
The Ravens aren't as good as their record, so while it always feels good to beat the Ravens and keeps Ben playing some meaningful games in his final year, I can't say that I think this is some turning point. Maybe I will look back on it like that, but my confidence they will make the playoffs let alone win a playoff game is still pretty low.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
If Watt stays healthy (big if) he has a legit shot at DPOY.

Diggs has a chance too. He's simulatenously the best and worst CB in the league. He has the most INT's in years, but he also has given up the most catches and yards than any other DB. I wouldn't give it to him for this reason.
And the media likes Garrett for some reason.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No way the Steelers pull out a victory in overtime.
But then again, Lamar might have blown it.
I think Ravens win in OT though.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Gotta give Tomlin credit, dude has Jackson's number.

Basically what I feared happened yesterday - I blame Andy for this mess now.

Never mess with the voodoo when it's working.

This really is purgatory...

Yinzer nation is all about their instant gratification and gotta get 'dem Ravens.

Zero awareness of the long term consequences each hollow victory brings.

Only real positive is the league seems to be figuring out Jackson - he has been garbage last 5-6 games.

Think he's up to 10-11 INT in that time.

He's taking that Mike Vick path it would seem.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yinzer nation is all about their instant gratification and gotta get 'dem Ravens.

Only real positive is the league seems to be figuring out Jackson - he has been garbage last 5-6 games.

Steelers didn’t win that game, the Ravens lost it…big difference…Harbaugh just threw the game away lol

it’s not like the Steelers were all of the sudden going to fire MT if they had lost that game lol

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Steelers didn’t win that game, the Ravens lost it…big difference…Harbaugh just threw the game away lol

it’s not like the Steelers were all of the sudden going to fire MT if they had lost that game lol

I think he is talking more about draft position. TOMLIN will never be fired for many reasons. He will have to walk away.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tomlin is so laughable in his PC's, it's all BS.

They aggressively play analytics. And so from that standpoint, they're predictable,” This is the quote regarding the Ravens deciding to go for two.

There wasn't any "analytics" used in Harbaugh's decision, dude thinks he sounds smart but he's simply a MORAN.

No no it's this Moran

ian-moran-1996-50.jpg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Come draft time, the score says they won. Draft position doesn’t care about Harbaugh’s stones.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think he is talking more about draft position. TOMLIN will never be fired for many reasons. He will have to walk away.

i don’t think it’s going to have much impact on our draft position either unless we start winning more games and get into the playoffs…we’re still going to be 10-16 draft position unless we get into the POs…if they want a QB, move up in the f**king draft, as they could have done and rarely do any year lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Minny just lost to the f***ing Lions, why are the Steelers losing to them exactly?

because we laid it all out there in a huge division game against a physical opponent Sunday evening and everyone has to turn it around and do it again on Thursday…road teams have a huge disadvantage in Thursday night games, especially on D

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
because we laid it all out there in a huge division game against a physical opponent Sunday evening and everyone has to turn it around and do it again on Thursday…road teams have a huge disadvantage in Thursday night games, especially on D

I guess, but Vikes are 2-4 in their last 6.

I don’t have a really strong feeling on this one like I did with the Ravens, but I definitely don’t see anything that suggests the Vikes will roll this one up like a J.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I guess, but Vikes are 2-4 in their last 6.

I don’t have a really strong feeling on this one like I did with the Ravens, but I definitely don’t see anything that suggests the Vikes will roll this one up like a J.

i don’t think the final score will be like the Steelers-Bengals game, but I do think Minn will pull it out…they’ve lost too many in the last minute of games…that bad luck can’t hold out forever

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
The team has too much talent to be under .500. I also don’t think a rebuild is in order. We just need a QB and some help on D.

this off season will be very telling.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
The team has too much talent to be under .500. I also don’t think a rebuild is in order. We just need a QB and some help on D.

this off season will be very telling.

And some offensive line help. But I agree, they do not need a rebuild. A few choice picks and FA pickups and the team could easily win the division and compete for a SB.

Just in general, they have the highest amount of cap money in the league available this offseason. They need to spend some cash in the free agent market.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
And some offensive line help. But I agree, they do not need a rebuild. A few choice picks and FA pickups and the team could easily win the division and compete for a SB.

Just in general, they have the highest amount of cap money in the league available this offseason. They need to spend some cash in the free agent market.

I don't think they have the most. Seems like they're about middle of the pack TBH.

Also, they have to replace a #1CB, and have future DL issues rapidly creeping up. They're really only set at offensive skill positions (other than QB). I'm not sold on the OL either. Point being, they have tons of '22 issues, and a lot more in the very near future.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017

We will have major needs at CB, ILB, DL, OL, QB. I can see the 1st round pick being used for any of these positions.

My guess is they sign several starter caliber UFA's and draft the BPA among the positions listed above.

Reactions: Pens1566

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

We are currently sitting 18th in draft order. I still have no idea how we won a game outside of Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad