GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Yeah, with their weapons/running attack against the steelers, I would have gone for it too on the road. The call was great, just a slightly terrible throw.

Reactions: Pengwins

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I was waiting for the flag the entire time for a redo of the play. I didn't notice the RG because I was so focused on that lined up offsides that should have been called, making any movement void from the O-line. That should have brought an instant flag.

Either call, including the movement call on the Ravens, would have been doing them a favor. Because they would certainly have kicked the PAT.

If it were Tomlin would have just tried again from the one.

Tell me that I am wrong.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Either call, including the movement call on the Ravens, would have been doing them a favor. Because they would certainly have kicked the PAT.

If it were Tomlin would have just tried again from the one.

Tell me that I am wrong.
I don’t think tomlin would ever go for two there to begin with. Guy is way too risk adverse.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I don't agree with going for two there because of who they have kicking field goals for them.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Baltimore has the second hardest schedule; Cincinnati has has the sixth hardest schedule. Cleveland has the toughest remaining schedule.

And of the other AFC North teams did the Steelers who do you think less capable of winning a majority of the remaining five games?

Remember that the Steelers are out of the playoffs looking in and have to win more remaining games than those ahead of them. And that includes other potential wild card teams with easier schedules.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I was shocked he went for 2 but I guess they lost Humphrey and had pure practice squad guys in the secondary. Lamar sucks

The only game I think they have no shot in is at KC. The other 4 pending injuries they could win. AFC is wide open this year.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Lamar Jackson is so overrated as a passer. The dude's reads are slow, and when he does make the right read the ball is often times inaccurately thrown. In that last drive, he had Andrews twice. Andrews also needs to learn how to run routes differently for Lamar. Those two good be lethal. They leave a lot out there.

This is our hell though. 8-9 win seasons from here on out.

Last edited:

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't agree with going for two there because of who they have kicking field goals for them.

Harbaugh said post game that their secondary was shredded by injuries with their starter going down on the last drive.

At least he had a reasoning for his attempt and I can respect it.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
I was shocked he went for 2
Not Tomlin. He said it was "predictable"
tomlinumadbroface.gif

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Harbaugh said post game that their secondary was shredded by injuries with their starter going down on the last drive.

At least he had a reasoning for his attempt and I can respect it.

Tomlin is so laughable in his PC's, it's all BS.

They aggressively play analytics. And so from that standpoint, they're predictable,” This is the quote regarding the Ravens deciding to go for two.

There wasn't any "analytics" used in Harbaugh's decision, dude thinks he sounds smart but he's simply a MORAN.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This win (or more appropriately , Raven loss) doesn’t matter because after a tough game, they have to go on the road for a Thurs night game….there are stark discrepancies between home teams and road teams on Thursday night and the home teams have a great advantage on a short week

Reactions: Al Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad