GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh

In terms of defensive pts and yards rankings it's the worst Steelers defense since the late 80s. And the offense sucks too. While the Steelers have had some lower grade defenses in the past, like 2014, it's actually really rare for them to have a crap offense and defense at the same time. It's honestly impressive - and really lucky - that their record is as good as it is. I don't know how you bring Colbert and Tomlin back after this. I honestly might put more blame on Colbert. The roster construction is piss poor.

When you look at the offense and defense rankings it's actually one of the worst Steelers teams relative to the league in the modern era. Congrats to Rooney and his org.

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Encyclopedia | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Sort by SRS- worst since '88 LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTG and TNT87

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So with Brian Kelly heading to LSU, will Notre Dame help us out and hire Tomlin away from the Steelers? :sarcasm:

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
A damn soul with half a brain can’t deny anything they just said.

Anyone who grew up loving this franchise has to be sick to the stomach to see what Tomlin’s culture and coaching has done to this franchise.

This once proud org is now a laughingstock and Tomlin is the root of it.

1000% correct. Tomlin has run the team into the ground. 3 playoff wins in 10 years. Consistent late season collapses. Atrocious staff hires. No accountability. This team needs to be torn apart & start over. All the Tik Tok guys need to be gone. Wholesale changes in the front office to include the entire coaching staff. We need more Troys, more James Farriors & no more JuJus & Claypools. Guys who worry about their brand over the logo need to be gone.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
It’s nice to see some actual pressure from the media. But Art II has proven himself incompetent. He’ll leave this franchise in ruins, worse than what Noll took over 50 years ago

Reactions: Andy99 and JTG

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This is why you don't give running backs money.

He has had some real nasty injuries also. That money may as well be flushed down the toilet.

Can't even dignify this team by calling them the Steelers. The Steelers are a brand. It has an identity. It means hardnosed, no nonsense football. Winning at home, playing hard on the road. Winning playoff games. This team hasn't been that for a long time. Henceforth, they are simply the Pittsburgh Football Team.

It starts with both lines. Cam Heyward is the only player worth a shit between the two of them.

Explains why TJ looked gassed.

In terms of defensive pts and yards rankings it's the worst Steelers defense since the late 80s. And the offense sucks too. While the Steelers have had some lower grade defenses in the past, like 2014, it's actually really rare for them to have a crap offense and defense at the same time. It's honestly impressive - and really lucky - that their record is as good as it is. I don't know how you bring Colbert and Tomlin back after this. I honestly might put more blame on Colbert. The roster construction is piss poor.

When you look at the offense and defense rankings it's actually one of the worst Steelers teams relative to the league in the modern era. Congrats to Rooney and his org.

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Encyclopedia | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Sort by SRS- worst since '88 LOL.

This is what the Steelers look like without a franchise QB. Ben has quite literally propped this team up for almost 2 decades. He cannot do it anymore. This should have happened long ago.

Why leave an org that gives you a lifetime job and never holds you accountable?

It's the perfect dream job.

After seeing what these college coaches are getting this year, it's way more lucrative, but it's way more volatile. $110m for Riley at USC. Tomlin wouldn't touch that as an NFL coach.

It’s nice to see some actual pressure from the media. But Art II has proven himself incompetent. He’ll leave this franchise in ruins, worse than what Noll took over 50 years ago

A fish rots from the head down. Art II is a silver spooner. Unlike his dad, he never had to be tough or make tough decisions because he was given a Ferrari and was just expected not to crash it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Art II is a silver spooner. Unlike his dad, he never had to be tough or make tough decisions because he was given a Ferrari and was just expected not to crash it.

Truth is his grandpa was crappy at running the franchise too. The team won nothing and was often a laughingstock for its first 40 years. The Chief was a beloved figure and rightly so by all accounts, but the team was a second concern to his horse tracks.

The successful, glorious, championship history of the Steelers is mostly attributable to Dan.

I don’t fault Little Art for not being as good as his dad. I do fault him for thinking that he could do the job by just adopting a set of “rules” he didn’t understand.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Butler doesn’t design any defenses or call plays?

This isn’t exactly big news though - it’s been out in the open for years Tomlin is their defensive coordinator.

Amazing how a guy touted as being some defensive genius in Minny is setting franchise marks for defensive ineptness - and I’m not even talking about his embarrassing playoff losses (which are on an entirely new level of franchise ineptness).

A fish rots from the head down. Art II is a silver spooner. Unlike his dad, he never had to be tough or make tough decisions because he was given a Ferrari and was just expected not to crash it.

He didn’t just crash the Ferrari, he took a dump through the sunroof, set it on fire and drove it into the Monongahela.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'm honestly surprised that Tomlin would want to stick around for the rebuild, seems like the perfect time for him to leave and make a boatload on TV.

The free agent QB class is junk. I mean, most of the time it is junk, anybody that has a decent QB holds onto them and pays them.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm honestly surprised that Tomlin would want to stick around for the rebuild, seems like the perfect time for him to leave and make a boatload on TV.

The free agent QB class is junk. I mean, most of the time it is junk, anybody that has a decent QB holds onto them and pays them.
He is signed through the 2024 season. The Steelers need to fire him and eat the money, but we likely are too cheap.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I don't think it has anything to do with being cheap. It has to do with how they fetishize the coach position. It's like success has become second to the ability to tout that they have had 3 head coaches in 50 years.

As other have mentioned, this will be the first time in 50 years that the team has not had a playoff win for 5 straight years. That is just unacceptable if you think of yourself as a winning organization with the history of the Steelers.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He is signed through the 2024 season. The Steelers need to fire him and eat the money, but we likely are too cheap.

It’s the opposite of cheap actually.

Art 2 threw money at the true problem than face it and make the first tough decision as the Steelers owner.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
might be time for Tomlin to...................UNLEASH HELL!!!!!11

If they continue to sink, this will be four Dec collapses in a row, and five years without a playoff win.

No other coach would survive something this pathetic, especially given his last two playoff losses have been all time debacles.

Reactions: Pengwins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad