GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Perfect example of this team in 3 plays yesterday:

1) Claypool makes a routine catch, and runs his mouth at the DB when they're down like 34-3
2) Claypool gets a 15yd facemask penalty on the following play
3) Claypool drops a wide open pass a few plays later

But, hey, haven't had a losing season. Yet.
Mine was the interception were Ben threw back shoulder Claypool had clear inside release and if your even your leaving should have been a td.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I love how Tomlin can only have a top 10 defense when he's got an annual DPOY on his team.

All the other years he can't design or scheme average players above their talent level

It’s just more excuses from his enablers.

There have been much less talented Steeler teams over the years and they never put such an embarrassing stretch together like this.

It’s shitty coaching and Tomlin has been a cancer on this org for years.

Embarrassing losses that haven’t happened in the modern era of Steelers football, are a hallmark of Mike Tomlin’s tenure.

It begs the question - how many more embarrassing losses does baby Art want to keep adding to the Tomlin collection?

Is there a point where he tires of this coach making this once proud org a laughingstock?

Mine was the interception were Ben threw back shoulder Claypool had clear inside release and if your even your leaving should have been a td.

Mine was the one where Tomlin’s defense let up b2b 40 point games for the first time in 32 years.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
1. Three playoff wins since his team eased into Super Bowl XLV. Wind against QB's named Matt Moore, Alex Smith and AJ McCarron.

2. Three epic collapses at the end of the last three seasons. No he doesn't get a pass because Ben went down in Week 2 of the 2019 season.

3. Giving up 48 points to Cleveland and 45 points to Jacksonville in his last two playoff games IN PITTSBURGH!

Let me know if that's irrational criticism of Tomlin.

The buck stops at Tomlin. If you're okay with everything I mentioned then Tomlin is your man. Of course, he's not Rich Kotite or Dick MacPherson but don't tell me he's an elite coach. No f***ing way. He's had the advantage of having an elite quarterback his entire head coaching career which is the primary reason he's never had a losing season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tomlin: "Whatever unit is on the field, I am highly involved with." Asked if he suggests plays on offense. "I do more than suggest, at times."

Guess that happens when you continue to hire assistants even more incompetent than you are.

Just realized a few minutes ago that if he doesn’t win a playoff game this season, it will be the longest such stretch in Steelers history since before Noll took over.

One thing about Tomlin, he’s good at making the record books.

Reactions: Night Shift

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Guess that happens when you continue to hire assistants even more incompetent than you are.

Just realized a few minutes ago that if he doesn’t win a playoff game this season, it will be the longest such stretch in Steelers history since before Noll took over.

One thing about Tomlin, he’s good at making the record books.

The assistants thing is a bigger problem than most people realize. For a guy with a tenure as long as Tomlin's, you'd expect to see a substantial coaching tree. Which he really doesn't have.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
The assistants thing is a bigger problem than most people realize. For a guy with a tenure as long as Tomlin's, you'd expect to see a substantial coaching tree. Which he really doesn't have.

This is the biggest thing for me. His tree is a stub.

Then again, Chuck Noll's isn't great (Bud Carson, Tony Dungy, John Fox, Rod Rust). Neither is Belichek's, most of them have been disasters, but at least he has had people get head coaching positions in the NFL.

But I do think it is a big negative mark on his coaching career. It just feels like the Steelers promote from within way too much. Hopefully this season will push them to make some serious changes.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
This is the biggest thing for me. His tree is a stub.

Then again, Chuck Noll's isn't great (Bud Carson, Tony Dungy, John Fox, Rod Rust). Neither is Belichek's, most of them have been disasters, but at least he has had people get head coaching positions in the NFL.

But I do think it is a big negative mark on his coaching career. It just feels like the Steelers promote from within way too much. Hopefully this season will push them to make some serious changes.

Difference with Noll/Belichek is that both have won 4+ SBs though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Cleveland still has Baker and got zero points off 4 interceptions. Bmore secondary is a mess they are a mess at OT Villanueva is done.

come on… Steelers have nothing you can point to that’s good except Boswell lol…those teams are still better

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

That's because all the Steelers do for their coaching staff for the most part is hire internally on the cheap.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
lol at the steelers.
41-3 and they are lucky to have the 3

I want this team to lose in the most miserable fashion for the rest of the season. Than I hopefully wont have to look at big bens big fat ass next season... and I can only dream of tomlin being gone as well.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Lots of stuff coming out about Bush

Mike Tomlin and Derrick Brooks are very close… very close friends after their time together in Tampa.

Derrick Brooks is Devin Bush’s godfather (Bush Sr. and Brooks are best friends).

Reactions: Pengwins

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don't care about Tomlins record of not a losing season, this year is going to make the Steelers not making the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years.

I don't care who you are, your fired for that futility.

I admit that I used to like Tomlin and bought his Schtick early on. I realized a few years ago he's been a Clown since day 1.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Can't even dignify this team by calling them the Steelers. The Steelers are a brand. It has an identity. It means hardnosed, no nonsense football. Winning at home, playing hard on the road. Winning playoff games. This team hasn't been that for a long time. Henceforth, they are simply the Pittsburgh Football Team.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Just came across this:

Dan Rooney Jr. Player Personnel Coordinator
Brandon Hunt Pro Scouting Coordinator
Phil Kreidler College Scouting Coordinator
Rick Reiprish Senior Assistant, College Scouting
Mark Bruener College Scout
Mike Butler College Scout
Dan Colbert College/Pro Scout
Kelvin Fisher Scout
Mark Gorscak College Scout