GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Something to be sad about.

1. Tomlin is not the worst coach in the NFL. However he will always be a liability in the big games when they are talented enough.

2. He will never be fired no matter how bad the Steelers get. Rooney will stick by him for the next couple of decades.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I for one am excited to see what new way Tomlin will embarrass this org next week.

Maybe a sports media hero will emerge and speak the truth - his ‘talent’ is being hired by a org that never fires coaches.

A high school coach with some of Tomlins past rosters would have had winning seasons. What stupid reasoning. Like having Brady in his prime it wouldn't really matter who was behind the bench to have a winning season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I despise Tomlin and he’s held my favorite professional sports team hostage for a decade.

You think them winning will accomplish something?

Rather see them lose and watch him get exposed for who he is.

I guess. It’s not a tack I would take but I get it.

Them winning would accomplish them not losing.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I can already hear DK tomorrow.................."so you wanna be mad at mike tomlin.............JUST STOP........ be mad at (insert random player)............ NOT MIKE TOMLIN

Most people think Mark Madden is the biggest idiot in the Yinzer Media, but it's actually Dan Kingerski. That IS the "DK" you meant, right? :D

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I’d just rather have my team win than lose. I’m old-fashioned that way.

nothing wrong with that, most fans would agree with this philosophy. But a few of us focus on the macro rather than the micro...... and we have watched this organization devolve under the current leadership and have warned many of the incoming doom.

now that it's here, I'm not happy to be right, but it does confirm that I foresaw the reality that is now. It's not just the QB, people need to understand what a disaster we are living under right now, most don't but soon will.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
nothing wrong with that, most fans would agree with this philosophy. But a few of us focus on the macro rather than the micro...... and we have watched this organization devolve under the current leadership and have warned many of the incoming doom.

now that it's here, I'm not happy to be right, but it does confirm that I foresaw the reality that is now. It's not just the QB, people need to understand what a disaster we are living under right now, most don't but soon will.

Well I wish I was smarter but I’m a simple man with simple needs and even simpler thoughts.

EDIT: (since I’m only a semi-regular)
Yes, that is me being passive-aggressive/sarcastic.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Amazing that we are half way through the season and the team is terrible at very basic football fundamentals. Blocking, shedding blocks, tackling (especially), catching the ball.
This is basic stuff and I’d expect some issues very early in the year as guys are settling in. Not now. This a very poor team fundamentally.
That includes coaching.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Amazing that we are half way through the season and the team is terrible at very basic football fundamentals. Blocking, shedding blocks, tackling (especially), catching the ball.
This is basic stuff and I’d expect some issues very early in the year as guys are settling in. Not now. This a very poor team fundamentally.
That includes coaching.

That's why he's Dumblin

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Go back and look at the 08 roster and tell me how close the roster of today is to that one.

I look at that defense and back ups and I swear I can't find a weakness.

I'm not going to rant all night but I want to give 2 examples that amplify how clueless Tomlin is and out of his element

For a 3 / 4 defense to work you need certain things. You need a beast at NT.......look at our NT's since big Case left........and you need Great LB's. Not one great LB and and 3 rejects.

Willie Parker hammered Tomlin regarding their commitment to the running game and stated they needed to get back to "Steelers football"

I remember the media asked Tomlin about getting back to "Steelers Football" and he asked the reporter what that was. The reporter responded with running the ball and playing smashmouth defense. Tomlin responded with, " I always thought Steelers football was winning"............

The guy doesn't get it.... never has. Winning football was a result of an identity founded by Noll in the early 70's. And it damn sure would work again in today's era.

Reactions: Night Shift

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’d just rather have my team win than lose. I’m old-fashioned that way.

If you enjoy hollow and meaningless wins, more power to you.

100 lashings for wanting your favorite team to win. That is totally unacceptable here in doomsday land.

Some call it doomsday land, I just call it people burying their heads in the sand, sadly unable to face reality.

Last edited:

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Go back and look at the 08 roster and tell me how close the roster of today is to that one.

I look at that defense and back ups and I swear I can't find a weakness.

I'm not going to rant all night but I want to give 2 examples that amplify how clueless Tomlin is and out of his element

For a 3 / 4 defense to work you need certain things. You need a beast at NT.......look at our NT's since big Case left........and you need Great LB's. Not one great LB and and 3 rejects.

Willie Parker hammered Tomlin regarding their commitment to the running game and stated they needed to get back to "Steelers football"

I remember the media asked Tomlin about getting back to "Steelers Football" and he asked the reporter what that was. The reporter responded with running the ball and playing smashmouth defense. Tomlin responded with, " I always thought Steelers football was winning"............

The guy doesn't get it.... never has. Winning football was a result of an identity founded by Noll in the early 70's. And it damn sure would work again in today's era.

Shazier was a great LB. Lawrence Timmons was a very good linebacker. Vince Williams played his role really well. All were Tomlin guys. They seemingly missed on Bush which is unfortunate but it happens.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You decide for yourself what makes a win (or a loss) meaningless and hollow. But keep not telling people how to be fans.

Uh ya I literally said more power to you and I won’t tell people not to be happy about wins - but throw out your fake outrage at me.

Again if you want to enjoy hollow wins, cool.

By the same token don’t act like everyone should enjoy mediocrity like you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad