GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Go back and look at the 08 roster and tell me how close the roster of today is to that one.

I look at that defense and back ups and I swear I can't find a weakness.

I'm not going to rant all night but I want to give 2 examples that amplify how clueless Tomlin is and out of his element

For a 3 / 4 defense to work you need certain things. You need a beast at NT.......look at our NT's since big Case left........and you need Great LB's. Not one great LB and and 3 rejects.

Willie Parker hammered Tomlin regarding their commitment to the running game and stated they needed to get back to "Steelers football"

I remember the media asked Tomlin about getting back to "Steelers Football" and he asked the reporter what that was. The reporter responded with running the ball and playing smashmouth defense. Tomlin responded with, " I always thought Steelers football was winning"............

The guy doesn't get it.... never has. Winning football was a result of an identity founded by Noll in the early 70's. And it damn sure would work again in today's era.

It would be great if we could stop the run. But we lost 2/3 of our DLinemen.

I'm so tired of Tomlin but we have way too many holes on defense. And we didn't prioritize OL. There just simply weren't the assets in place for us to be a winning football team this year. Too much needed to go right.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
This doesn't matter. Historically the Steelers find high end talent in round 1. Doesn't have to be top 10. Good drafting teams don't need a high pick to find good talent.
It's possible to find good players at any pick but there's a very distinct relationship between pick position and all pro probability in the first round such that a top ten pick is going to more often produce an impact player than a 10-25 pick. Plus it's not like the Steelers are geniuses at drafting, a top pick would be nice if they're going to suck anyway.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
It's possible to find good players at any pick but there's a very distinct relationship between pick position and all pro probability in the first round such that a top ten pick is going to more often produce an impact player than a 10-25 pick. Plus it's not like the Steelers are geniuses at drafting, a top pick would be nice if they're going to suck anyway.

With the way the team is playing right now, that will probably happen. I honestly don't see them winning a game the rest of the year.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I see Ben threw a TD pass. Yay!!

I'd take Ben half-dead, in a wheelchair, smoking a pipe, playing Minecraft, in a bathroom stall, having an Endoscopy, singing showtunes in the huddle, and being fat over (insert backup quarterback here).

:)

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
There are pretty much no free agent quarterbacks that are half decent. Would you trade a third round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
…and they get the Ravens next week, one of the most prolific rushing attacks in the history of football.

How in the world did the Browns struggle so much against them too? They may very well lose every remaining game this season. But I bet they win like 2 just to ensure weaker draft position.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What will the Tomlin fanboys blame this season on if we don’t get out 8 or 9 wins?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Steelers are going to get beaten by Ravens…it won’t be a blowout since no Ravens’ games are but they’ll do enough to win because they’re winners and the Steelers aren’t…and Steelers have no confidence

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
What will the Tomlin fanboys blame this season on if we don’t get out 8 or 9 wins?

The Tomlin fanboys blame injuries (like they do Every year) and bad luck!

Now they use sarcasm to cope with the fact that they are wrong (after being told many times over the years he's a fraud).

Can't remember the last time winning % was thrown at me as #1 argument. Thankfully those days are done.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I don't know what will happen against Baltimore because they are a mess atm, too.

This division has no absolutely terrible teams but it is just so painfully average.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Perfect example of this team in 3 plays yesterday:

1) Claypool makes a routine catch, and runs his mouth at the DB when they're down like 34-3
2) Claypool gets a 15yd facemask penalty on the following play
3) Claypool drops a wide open pass a few plays later

But, hey, haven't had a losing season. Yet.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know what will happen against Baltimore because they are a mess atm, too.

This division has no absolutely terrible teams but it is just so painfully average.

the Steelers are by far the worst team in the division and it isn’t close…

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Perfect example of this team in 3 plays yesterday:

1) Claypool makes a routine catch, and runs his mouth at the DB when they're down like 34-3
2) Claypool gets a 15yd facemask penalty on the following play
3) Claypool drops a wide open pass a few plays later

But, hey, haven't had a losing season. Yet.

For me it was the offensive series immediately following the 2nd Qtr Cincy TDs.

Pitt's plays on 1st and 2nd down immediately following their opponents' TD's?
Runs up the gut by Harris

They should have just waved the white flag at that point and called it a day

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
the Steelers are by far the worst team in the division and it isn’t close…
Cleveland still has Baker and got zero points off 4 interceptions. Bmore secondary is a mess they are a mess at OT Villanueva is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad