OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I didn't know the qb plays on defense, thanks for the info.

I also don't know what stats you're looking at, but look at who was their opponent and how many points they have given up, would make your post inconceivable.
You don’t know what stats I’m looking at? You mean other than the ones I posted? I get being angry is your thing but maybe mix in some reading comprehension.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I wasn’t big on Kirk anyways. I think he is way overrated and way overpaid.

But it basically leaves Slayton as the only guy that has any kind of production. And to a lesser extent, Jacobi Myers.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Penn State is a greater story. period

Pitt fans whine about PSU because of their inferiority complex just like Cleveland Browns whine about the Steelers, exact same situation
More National Championships.
More Hall of Famers.
There might be an inferiority complex. But it's not Pitt fans with it.
Bow down and Hail!

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
More National Championships.
More Hall of Famers.
There might be an inferiority complex. But it's not Pitt fans with it.
Bow down and Hail!
I'm a Pitt grad and fan, but if the Panthers want to be considered NCAAF Royalty like PSU is, they need to recruit better, play well, and coach well so that the program builds upon itself and eventually we will be considered a top 10 team year after year like they are.

PSU is royalty to the AP/coaches - they go 7-0 beating nobody, they are #3

Pitt goes 7-0 beating nobody, they are #18.

That's how it is until the PANTHERS prove otherwise, year after year after year.

Reactions: Pengwins

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
With the Brownstains upsetting the Ratbirds yesterday, the Steelers have a great chance to take the division lead against a cupcake Giants team tonight.

That said, I fully expect this Tomlin team to eff it up and lose this game: it's been his calling card for at least a decade.

I hope I'm wrong, and this Steelers team rises to their record and wins decisively, as they SHOULD.

Reactions: Andy99

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The PSU mouth breathers can only cite football results. IE, wins and losses and if you look at the entirety of the program's in question, they simply aren't better than Pitt. In the past couple decades? Sure.

But the football program at PSU was put above the safety of children.

No amount of deflection can ever change that fact. PSU allowed a man to rape children and then covered it up in the name of Joe Paterno's legacy and the fallout legally.

And the cover up, eventually blew up.

Congrats, PSU has won more in the past 30-40 years.

That's irrelevant when you're talking about a scandal the size of Jerry Sandusky raping kids from the 1980's through the 2000's.

And you'll still find in central PA (I live here) countless neanderthals who don't think PSU even deserved the fate they got (basically just paid a lot of money to victims).

Joe didn't do anything wrong!! He didn't know anything (crock of shit considering EVERYTHING at PSU went through Joe.) He ran that school for the back half of his life. It's well documented he had to be consulted on anything sports related especially. He killed hockey at PSU for years, among other sports because it would take funding away from the football program. Joe knew everything that went on around there.

Joe didn't teach, he wasn't a scholar. He wasn't doing anything for kids other than telling them where to go on a football field. That's a fact. But hey, he donated a lot of money to libraries and other buildings. Wow, a multi millionarie giving some money away as a tax write off! Legend.

He's the most overrated coach in college football history (2 natty's in half a century, at a school the size of PSU, with the financial windfall he had) is rather pathetic. Especially when you consider the last 1 happened like 40 f***ing years ago.

And he died in shame. Good riddance to a pompous, self aggrandizing miserable old man.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I'm a Pitt grad and fan, but if the Panthers want to be considered NCAAF Royalty like PSU is, they need to recruit better, play well, and coach well so that the program builds upon itself and eventually we will be considered a top 10 team year after year like they are.

PSU is royalty to the AP/coaches - they go 7-0 beating nobody, they are #3

Pitt goes 7-0 beating nobody, they are #18.

That's how it is until the PANTHERS prove otherwise, year after year after year.
And therein lies the rub. With an enrollment of what 30k+?, Pitt will never have the financial resources to compete in recruiting. Their only hope is to concentrate locally/semi-local and get lucky with high end recruits that want to stay close to home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad