OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Who cares about the other “Shitty” prospects if KP is a great one? Are you watching how an offense and overall team dies with pedestrian Qb play?
I don’t believe he is a great one. I don’t think the offense would look any worse with him because I’m not sure it’s possible for the offense to look worse…but I also don’t believe that the offense is going to blow up and start lighting teams up either

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Jay Glazer reported that the Steelers plan was to not have Pickett play a down of football this season. We all know that if it’s coming from Glazer, it’s coming from Tomlin. Pickett won’t play if they are out of the playoff race. Pickett only plays a game if Mitch gets hurt

Congrats to him for being the best of a shitty bunch of QB prospects.

Valedictorian of summer school

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
After last week against the Browns and after Flacco torches the Steelers, pundits will again be arguing whether Joe Flacco is elite HOF material.

He is either going to look like '91 Jim Kelly or Ryan Leaf.

There is no in between with Flacco agt the Steelers.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Steelers sell those tickets whether people show up or not - and there is a massive waiting list behind those who want to surrender their season tickets.

I doubt not being at capacity will influence anything they do - unfortunately.

In the summer I was emailed about season tickets available for the 2nd year in a row.
They said if I declined again , I would be taken off the list

Glad I decided not to watching this s*** show

Last edited:

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Yeah. On the all 22. Claypool is open in the middle pretty much all game.
Wide open on a few plays.
Nfl open on several other

A competent qb would be feasting. He’s a big match up problem in the slot

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Denver’s offense looks worse than ours and that’s saying something. Wilson either gets sacked or has to throw short.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Wilson's been one of my favorite QB's, but he was starting to decline last year, at least in terms of arm strength and scrambling. Seattle knew what they were doing in not paying him what he wanted. Of course, they've got Geno at the helm now, so he's no long-term answer.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
by Justin McGonigle, Owner
September 26, 2022

The Pittsburgh Steelers offense is horrendous. They haven’t scored a first quarter offensive touchdown since last season when they played the Detroit Lions on November 11th. Through the first three games this season, they’ve managed three offensive touchdowns, and because of that, they have lost two of those games. They were embarrassed during the second half of their Thursday night loss in Cleveland. After taking a 14-13 lead into the half, Pittsburgh could only manage to get one field goal the rest of the way.

It hasn’t just been that the offense can’t score points. It’s the fact that the offense can’t even get first downs. They can’t establish a run game, they can’t establish a pass game. While quarterback Mitch Trubisky is partially to blame, it isn’t entirely his fault. The offense isn’t even put in a position to do anything well. Offensive coordinator Matt Canada’s game plans are awful. There isn’t any creativity, there isn’t any stretching the field, and as noted above, there isn’t any scoring.

Now, after the Steelers loss on Thursday night, Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin admitted that he wasn’t thinking about moving on from Trubisky to rookie Kenny Pickett, and he wouldn’t even entertain the thought of firing Canada. But according to Josh Rowntree of 93.7 The Fan, it’s something that the players definitely would like to see happen. Rowntree joined Andrew Fillipponi on his daily afternoon spot and he talked at length about how unhappy the Steelers players are with Canada. He even went as far as to say that many players want Canada fired.

Rowntree would later clarify his point by saying that he didn’t have any players come out directly and tell him they would prefer Canada to be fired, but he believes that the locker room would prefer that option.

“To clarify this just a bit,” Rowntree typed on Twitter. “No one has publicly come out and said that Canada should be fired. But there’s a strong sense that the players are unhappy with the direction of offense, and, if polled, I believe would favor a change.”

The offensive coordinator job in Pittsburgh always seems to spark outrage. Bruce Arians was ran out of town after helping Ben Roethlisberger develop into a top tier passer. But his offenses usually left Roethlisberger in harms way causing him to be sacked repeatedly. Then it was on to Todd Haley who would help extend Roethlisberger’s career protecting him from all of the punishment he once endured earlier in his career.

Haley’s offenses would put up tons of points, but the defense would often left them down. But it was Haley who was essentially fired instead of defensive coordinator Keith Butler and replaced by Roethlisberger’s buddy, Randy Fichtner in 2019. Fichtner would then be run out of town in favor of Canada after two seasons.

But what is happening now didn’t happen then. Those offenses worked. They scored points. Those offenses were some of the best in the NFL, and the players knew that. They didn’t complain. Now, it’s the opposite. The players aren’t happy.

Monday, wide receiver Chase Claypool was asked if he feels the offense has an identity right now.

“Umm, we got playmakers, but I don’t know if we have an identity,” Claypool said. “I think we’re still figuring that out.”

They’re never going to figure it out with Canada. Let’s hope the players get their wish before the 2022 season is over.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Mike Tomlin said he's open to any changes that help the team win but, "at the same time, we're not going to blow in the wind." I would like one time for a Reporter to ask him, WTfF are you talking about

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
CTSTEELERFAN: Hello Brian and thank you for the chat. In your opinion, would their be any noticeable improvement in the offense if the QB were allowed to audible at his own discretion? Thank you

Brian Batko: Not really sure what to make of that, other than that this is the second year in a row we're dealing with this story line. I've seen it suggested that it's a pride/control thing for Canada as the OC/play-caller. And I guess that's possible. But I tend to think he'd like to win and that scoring points would do more for his ego than anything else, which makes me believe he has his reasons for what does and doesn't fly pre-snap.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Mike Tomlin said he's open to any changes that help the team win but, "at the same time, we're not going to blow in the wind." I would like one time for a Reporter to ask him, WTfF are you talking about
I'm pretty sure it's just like how Russell Wilson just uses religion to never answer a question, TomLin just makes up analogies that don't make sense to avoid ever answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad