OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
All you need to know about this offense…

It took the Browns D one play to score more points in the second half than the Steelers O.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The receivers were a far bigger issue than Trubisky today.

They have DJ, a rookie, and a deep threat receiver who the team hasn't thrown a deep ball to since 2020.

Too many drops today.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
IMO the team is basically the same crappy team with the -55 point differential as last year. But without their best player.

Trubisky up and down, but dude is too old to be a prospect. Bottom 10 starting QB and outplayed by Brissett. Canada still absolutely blows as a coordinator. Better from the line and the RBs, but it's Thursday. Diontae with 2 absolutely terrible drops. F*** off.

Defense is overwhelmingly bad. Like at every level they got dominated. Highsmith and Heyward made a couple nice plays in the dying moments, but way too little too late. The secondary was an embarrassment. Hardly even competitive in coverage.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The receivers were a far bigger issue than Trubisky today.

They have DJ, a rookie, and a deep threat receiver who the team hasn't thrown a deep ball to since 2020.

Too many drops today.
The all 22 is again going to be great Pickens catch saw Claypool wide open for a td. The wr are going to snap soon

The only reason you bring in Pickett is for him to start the learning curve.
Yeah he is the future the future is now

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It is totally valid to give the defense some leeway for having to play so many snaps due to the offense sucking but at the same time another reason they played so many snaps is because they get so little pressure that Jacoby Brissett threw for a 109 passer rating.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It is totally valid to give the defense some leeway for having to play so many snaps due to the offense sucking but at the same time another reason they played so many snaps is because they get so little pressure that Jacoby Brissett threw for a 109 passer rating.

The defense was atrocious and only got stops on drops. The secondary, who BTW should be the best athletes, were a dumpster fire. Witherspoon, Sutton, Wallace...atrocious. No push from the DL.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Playing Pickett in week 4 is about as ideal of a time as you can get to switch over to a new QB. You're getting an extra few days off and playing against a pretty bad team, that's when you should be introducing Pickett.

But you know they won't. They'll go 3-7 before Tomlin decides to put Pickett in.

Yeah I think today is about as good as you're going to see out of Trubisky, and if that's the case, why the hell is he starting?

I think they’re just delusional enough to think they can compete and Trubisky is “safe”. They just need to accept that this is a rebuilding year. There’s no shame in that. It happens to every team. But they’re just so damn stubborn.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It also makes me wonder how much Canada is responsible for things sucking when they go into 2 minute offense at the end of the 2nd half and they immediately get 2 throws to Muth for 30 yards when he and the middle of the field hadn't been targeted all game.

I get Mitch missing reads, but if it is just missed reads, why did Mitch suddenly gain the ability to read the middle of the field the second they went into a 2 minute drill?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It also makes me wonder how much Canada is responsible for things sucking when they go into 2 minute offense at the end of the 2nd half and they immediately get 2 throws to Muth for 30 yards when he and the middle of the field hadn't been targeted all game.

I get Mitch missing reads, but if it is just missed reads, why did Mitch suddenly gain the ability to read the middle of the field the second they went into a 2 minute drill?
He wasn’t making reads in the 2 minute. He was just getting the snap and throwing. It’s why he forced it to Claypool who was double covered.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

IMO those were terrible contested passes. Accurate but highly trafficked. I don't want to throw to the middle of the field in triple coverage, ever. Nice that Frieiermuth made the plays though.

I always take the quasi-garbage time when the other team has a 98%+ win probability with serious grains of salt. Like Ben's heroics down 20+ last year. Don't care.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Try not to die from shock, but Tomlin is sticking with MT:

Those two drives in the first half bought him every game until the Saints game, unfortunately. Now is the chance to try Pickett before the blood bath stretch begins in 2 weeks.

I don’t think it will make a difference, but why not try it? I think we all assumed our o line would give up 10 sacks a game, but that’s not happening. Might as well start Kenny at this point - Mitch had nothing. He’s 28 years old - he is what he is.

Reactions: lastcupever75

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
The browns had a 99.9 % chance to win over the jets.

If they didn’t crumble. They woujd be 3-0 with their back up quarterback.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Those two drives in the first half bought him every game until the Saints game, unfortunately. Now is the chance to try Pickett before the blood bath stretch begins in 2 weeks.

I don’t think it will make a difference, but why not try it? I think we all assumed our o line would give up 10 sacks a game, but that’s not happening. Might as well start Kenny at this point - Mitch had nothing. He’s 28 years old - he is what he is.

Going to be honest, KP would have to be Roth special to make this shit show scheme functional.

This is now 21 games of the SOS from Canada and I’m just going to enjoy watching it keep blowing up in Tomlin’s face.

He needs a harsh ass lesson that without a HOF QB around, having a real OC around matters.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Going to be honest, KP would have to be Roth special to make this shit show scheme functional.

This is now 21 games of the SOS from Canada and I’m just going to enjoy watching it keep blowing up in Tomlin’s face.

He needs a harsh ass lesson that without a HOF QB around, having a real OC around matters.
It’s been 5 years since Ben played like an HOF. There’s only 10 great QBs and even the best OC suck without good Qb play.

I'm just remembering our 2021 Picks were, in order:

RB (LOL)
TE we don't use
Kendrick Green
That was for 7 last ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad