OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Hey at least they targeted the middle of the field during the last 2 minutes of the game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly the thing that sucks with that play was that the Steelers could have been in a position to get a TD to take the lead had that Boswell FG from the 1st half been good.

This team just isn't very good. They're nothing special with Watt and they're downright bad without him. Why would this team be good with a backup QB as their starter and a defense completely propped up by Watt?

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
That's bullshit... since I'm already on record saying since I live in Florida now and near Tampa, i also like the Bucs and what Bowles brings. Is Bowles white?
No, but did the Bucs create some “Tampa
Bay” rule? I firmly believe Tomlin would be gone at least a half decade ago from every other team.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Just a piss poor effort all around really. I can’t really think of one player that played well. Maybe Highsmith?

I don’t think the play calling on offense was really that bad tonight. Trubisky was ok, but I still don’t really get what they’re doing playing him every week at this point.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The receivers are so over this team. Things are going to get very ugly this season. Tomlin’s little no losing seasons claim to fame will fall this year. Maybe we can hire a real coach who finds actual NFL quality assistants - not creatures from the backwoods that will never amount to anything.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Playing Pickett in week 4 is about as ideal of a time as you can get to switch over to a new QB. You're getting an extra few days off and playing against a pretty bad team, that's when you should be introducing Pickett.

But you know they won't. They'll go 3-7 before Tomlin decides to put Pickett in.

Just a piss poor effort all around really. I can’t really think of one player that played well. Maybe Highsmith?

I don’t think the play calling on offense was really that bad tonight. Trubisky was ok, but I still don’t really get what they’re doing playing him every week at this point.

Yeah I think today is about as good as you're going to see out of Trubisky, and if that's the case, why the hell is he starting?

Reactions: Andy99

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
This just isn't a good team and Pickett isn't going to change that unless he is an all-pro in the making.

Based on the success rate of developing qb's the chances that he is a future all-pro are slim.

I'm not against him playing, I just doubt he will make much of a difference.

Reactions: Pens1566

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This just isn't a good team and Pickett isn't going to change that unless he is an all-pro in the making.

Based on the success rate of developing qb's the chances that he is a future all-pro are slim.

I'm not against him playing, I just doubt he will make much of a difference.

I do think it would make a difference with Pickett under center, but this team still isn't good even with him starting as QB.

This team has 3 major issues: the defense is completely propped up by Watt, the play calling is terrible and Trubisky is terrible. Putting Pickett in only solves 1 of those 3 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad