OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Steelers offense in second half has like multiple three and outs in these games…just not clutch

Reactions: TNT87

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Honestly, this game stings less than the Patriots game. The Patriots game felt like a missed opportunity because the Patriots aren't good. This game is just losing to a better team, the Browns are just better than the Steelers.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm sorry, but Canada is still an issue.

How many 2nd and longs have they had today because literally everybody in the stadium knows they are running on first down?

The safeties are running towards the LOS on first down. I bet it would be a walk-in TD if they even once tried a play action pass on first down.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
They’ve had like 2-3 sustained drives all game and the D has been on the field all game again. Canada and the offense is absolutely still a problem.

If I know that the Steelers are going to run the ball 99 times out of 100 on first down opposing defensive coordinators know it as well.

It is the equivalent of Disco and the stretch pass in the playoffs when defenses sat back waiting for it.

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
They’ve had like 2-3 sustained drives all game and the D has been on the field all game again. Canada and the offense is absolutely still a problem.

How many 2nd and longs have they had today because literally everybody in the stadium knows they are running on first down?

The safeties are running towards the LOS on first down. I bet it would be a walk-in TD if they even once tried a play action pass on first down.
they are behind and last two drives first play najee for one yard...thats awful play calling

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You know it's bad when the broadcast crew are praising Canada and Trubinsky for having such a solid game plan tonight.…They scored 14 points. Lol.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Saying this really makes it seem like you're not even watching the game.

By my count, the Steelers have had 4 1st down plays that were rushing plays that gained 2 or fewer yards. They are passing as much or more as they're running on 1st down.

If I know that the Steelers are going to run the ball 99 times out of 100 on first down opposing defensive coordinators know it as well.

It is the equivalent of Disco and the stretch pass in the playoffs when defenses sat back waiting for it.

They literally aren't doing this.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Let's be clear here the offense was better tonight than in the first two games but it was f***ing far from being an actual good performance.
I agree, but I would just qualify the “better” by adding only in the first half. They’ve been back to their shittiness in the second half.

Reactions: Andy99

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Spoilers: the Steelers will run on the first play of this drive.

Because I think Matt Canada is on crack and thinks he is getting 5 yards on every run like the Browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad