OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I agree, but I would just qualify the “better” by adding only in the first half. They’ve been back to their shittiness in the second half.
I really don't get who made that call. Was it Tomlin trying to reign in Canada in the second half??

They started real good, were a lot more diversified in their play calls, took some deep shots and the running game was working. Then the second half starts and they go back to the same stupid game plan that produced shit the first two games.

I don't get it

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
All in all this is probably best case scenario, if they're going to lose they need to be humbled in doing so.

They need to be 2-6 at best heading into the bye to have any hope of them being willing to experiment after the break

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Man I’m pretty over Tomlin right now. That punt and the 4th and 5 from the Cleveland 40 were f***ing cowardly.

The more they lose, the closer they are to playing Pickett though. So it’s not all bad.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I haven't zeroed in on Heyward but there is simply no way he can be doing well if the interior DL is going killed like this.

It's not Heyward, like on one play the center was holding him so bad, Heyward got up and was like WTF....

The Middle linebackers are just plain horrible. So many tackles being blown through, not there and so much being carried beyond contact. There's no great 1 on 1 tackles, and even 2/3 defenders on the the ball carrier being taken well past the point of contact.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Trubisky's pocket awareness is awful. It looked like he could of ran that outside for the first, no?
He did something similar last game. He starts running and he has the room to reach the sticks, but then he slows down for some stupid reason and ends up getting caught and tackled. I don’t get it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The 1st down playcalls today for the Steelers are split 14-8 between running and passing on 1st down. Only 4 of those runs were short yard gains that resulted in 2nd and long for the offense. They've gotten significant yardage on 1st down (7 or more yards) on way more 1st downs than no yardage on 1st down.

The play calling on 1st down isn't an issue. It seems like the issue with play calling after that. Before that catch by Freiermuth, Trubisky hadn't had a completion of 15 yards since the 1st half. It's the same issue as last week, conservative play calling and a QB too scared to go deep. It wasn't until this drive that Trubisky started being aggressive.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The body language of the players is deteriorating fast.

Regardless of who hasn't played well, the lid on the lockeroom is getting ready to blow sooner rather than later.

Gonna be some spicy quotes over the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad