OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does KP have it though? Because I watched him at Pitt and until his senior and super senior year, he didn't have it. That's my fear throwing him in there. Those horrible habits come back because he has no time to throw.

If he doesn't make it to the NFL, I think it will be due to a lack of throwing power or injuries. He is very mobile and I think he's good at reading defenses, plus his accuracy when throwing is very good.

The only real knock against Pickett is his arm strength isn't anything special and he's a bit reckless when he runs with the ball. But he has the mobility, vision and accuracy you want out of a QB.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
He needs to go back to basics. I do know from watching that video, 61 is getting Najee holes. I just think this offense is a horrible fit for Najee. They need a shiftier RB.
The fanbase needs to stop memeing the Najee leader of offense stuff into existence. Reading too much of his press clippings. What we need is a guy to do pass pro, get 2+ yards a clip by falling forward, catch the ball and not fumble. I have every belief that if Najee is coached to just frigging run forward he can do better. Still wouldn't be worth a first rounder, but would be better than Jaylen Warren or Conner.

Beyond the stupidity of drafting a RB in the first round, you have to look at any RB from a mega-program like Alabama with skepticism. An Alabama OL is going to be superior to any defense in college football.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I don't get that tweet of Mitch because it looks like a terrible read until you realize that there was no time to make a read because the Pats sent 4 but the line is so bad that the Pats inexplicably had an unblocked rusher.

I mean, when your line is so bad that they fail to pick up blitzes even when the opposition isn't even blitzing, you are going to have passing game issues even if you have Dan Marino on steroids at qb.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don't get that tweet of Mitch because it looks like a terrible read until you realize that there was no time to make a read because the Pats sent 4 but the line is so bad that the Pats inexplicably had an unblocked rusher.

I mean, when your line is so bad that they fail to pick up blitzes even when the opposition isn't even blitzing, you are going to have passing game issues even if you have Dan Marino on steroids at qb.

fy

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've long said that when Ben retires, we'll see just how much a buffoon Tomlin is.
Ben saved his bacon so many times. Well the chickens are here to roost.

Maybe that’s exactly why he kept Canada around - as a fall guy during a transitional season.

I keep trying to make sense of why Canada is still around and nothing else seems very logical to me.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Just like everything else this season I care more about developing the young talent on this team and getting a read on who is the real deal and who is not.

I don't care about the results on the field overly much. I care about seeing what we have in Pickett if he gets to play. And seeing growth and development.

This is a good point. I don’t think anyone really expected them to actually compete. So if they lose games because Canada sucks and Trubisky plays poorly, it isn’t the end of the world. Both are replaceable (hopefully in Canada’s case).

If they lose games because the defense implodes, that’s definitely a cause for concern. But I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far from that group.

I’ve even thought the offensive line has shown some baby steps. If a few of those guys can show they can be pieces on the line going forward, that’ll be big.

Reactions: Peat

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Trrubisky says he doesn't have the power to call audible on every play, Canada is a clown & must go like Tomlin

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I didn't expect them to compete, but I expected the offense to be more-or-less what it was last year when it is somehow much worse.

Maybe Ben wasn't as washed as we all thought last year. Maybe he was doing what he could with absolute garbage.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I didn't expect them to compete, but I expected the offense to be more-or-less what it was last year when it is somehow much worse.

Maybe Ben wasn't as washed as we all thought last year. Maybe he was doing what he could with absolute garbage.

It pretty much is the same at least through the first two games. The offense has scored 30 points so far vs 33 last year.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Sitting here in Arizona watching the end of the Cardinals game… Would you all prefer Kliff Kingsbury as coach of the Steelers? He has much more coaching experience than Tomlin did (at the college level). His teams have also under performed and arguably been carried by individually talented players, and he’s also made snarky comments in the media recently (“We need to do a better job preparing “ or something like that after AZ’s loss last week, following the “video game contract clause“ controversy with Kyler Murray over the off-season).

:laugh: Who am I kidding, dumb question. I think most people would prefer a potato to Tomlin at this point. I do agree with whoever said here that it must be Tomlin who wants the Steelers’ offense to “not make mistakes“ like this, since there have been similar issues pre-dating Canada…
Ah, the ole “you gotta keep Tomlin because the replacement could be worse!” argument has made an appearance.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Pickett is ready to play and the future. He should be starting next game. Don’t live in your fears. Be a man Tomlin.
Lol… “the future.” People are going to be highly disappointed with what Kenny Pickett actually ends up being when he ends up being the starter

Its only two games but i thought the bengals were said to have improved their line this offseason? Burrow had another game where he was sacked like 5 times. Theyre gonna get that kid killed.
They did sign two higher profile free agent in Cappa and Collins. It just hasn’t actually fixed anything lol

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Lol… “the future.” People are going to be highly disappointed with what Kenny Pickett actually ends up being when he ends up being the starter

They did sign two higher profile free agent in Cappa and Collins. It just hasn’t actually fixed anything lol

Cappa was very good in TB but The Bungholes will have to wait for it all to gel.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I see zero chance KP starts on a short week.

Browns just made Flacco look like a HOFer, so maybe MT and Canada can maybe kind of do something here.

Steelers signed two guys in FA whose strength was run blocking and the results are still ass.

I find it curious, but having a shitty OC designing plays and constantly bringing in new O-line coaches every season certainly isn’t helping.

I don’t think MT cares about playing the good soldier when he smells his career going up in smoke.

This is both Roth and MT calling out Canada now.

MT said guys in the huddle wanted to call different plays - so that tells me they have zero confidence in what Canada is calling.

Canada has zero experience at the NFL level and it shows. He also failed hard in college.

So I have no clue why Tomlin feels this guy needs to be kept around. He did the same shit with Fichtner.

It’s bizarre and Tomlin really needs to stop this internal promotion BS and actually go outside the org for talented help.
He doesn’t want to bring in anyone who could be a threat to his job or could overshadow him

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad