OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
MT wasn't that bad.

As always wins and losses are team responsibility. However Canada deserves a special shout out.

I don't get why he even is in the press box. All he has to say is handoff on first down. Throw on second down into coverage after you only gain two yards on the first play. Then punt on fourth down after coming up short.

Then he could just settle back with a beer or ten all game.

The O-line will be an issue all year. But when the other team knows your Plays 95 percent of every game you hamstring that offense so badly that it is hard to blame many of them. Harris is an elite talent that is absolutely wasted in a Canada offense.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who would have guessed the Steelers QB strategy of "signing a bad QB to be your starter and then draft the local star to be your QB of the future" would cause QB drama after the first home game of the year?

I like that they took Pickett to be their QB of the future, I really think he's legit. But having him sit behind the mess that Trubisky is was a horrible strategy by the team.

TotesTorts

Mar 5, 2016
Pretty sloppy game today all around. Can’t drop picks in your breadbasket. Can’t drop punts. Need to drop more into coverage if your blitzes are getting stonewalled every time. Mitch needs to stop playing not to lose.

Players need to earn their checks. Coaches need to adjust.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
MT wasn't that bad.

As always wins and losses are team responsibility. However Canada deserves a special shout out.

I don't get why he even is in the press box. All he has to say is handoff on first down. Throw on second down into coverage after you only gain two yards on the first play. Then punt on fourth down after coming up short.

Then he could just settle back with a beer or ten all game.

The O-line will be an issue all year. But when the other team knows your Plays 95 percent of every game you hamstring that offense so badly that it is hard to blame many of them. Harris is an elite talent that is absolutely wasted in a Canada offense.
yes, there are many issues and the play calling is high school level and teams know when we’re running the ball because our formations tip them off…which is why we always look better in the hurry up….and yet, still, Trubisky is awful, can’t read a defense and has little success except when throwing to his first read…as the PG reporters noted, there were pass catchers running free in the secondary that he doesn’t see when he checks it down…

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Another example.

MT is supposedly this elite athlete who can create with his legs. Was there more than one time that they rolled him out to pass or run making the defense choose?
Everything I've seen mitch do he seems to be panic. The game is too quick for him. He has chances to scramble for 4 yards but he'd rather chuck a floater to Harris or Muth.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Everything I've seen mitch do he seems to be panic. The game is too quick for him. He has chances to scramble for 4 yards but he'd rather chuck a floater to Harris or Muth.

Exactly, this is 100% spot on. The issue with this offense is that Trubisky is downright horrendous at processing the game at NFL speeds.

Trubisky is atrocious at identifying open players and defaults to check downs and dump offs if his primary target is covered. His entire sequence before throwing the ball is "check to see if the primary target is open, if he's not, throw it 3 yards to Harris". That's all he does, he's incapable of scanning the field and identifying open targets.

Ben's talents were withering away last year, but the dude knew how to play QB and knew how to identify open targets. Trubisky just doesn't have that football IQ that Ben had.

Reactions: lastcupever75

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Another example.

MT is supposedly this elite athlete who can create with his legs. Was there more than one time that they rolled him out to pass or run making the defense choose?

I think Canada should be doing more to take advantage of his mobility, but Trubisky doesn’t have to try to be a pocket passer. I can probably count on one hand the number of times he’s scrambled or bought himself some time with his legs.

I didn’t necessarily expect a ton out of him, but his hesitancy to run has been really surprising.

Reactions: Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
This team is supposed to be bad so people shouldn’t be surprised about that.

It’s how f***ing boring the offense is that’s hard to watch. Nothing worse than bad and boring.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

Took all of 2 games for tensions to get a bit heated.

Funny thing is Tomlin makes such a big deal about who he names as the captains and how much leadership means to him that putting in Pickett at any point will be one huge foot he's stuffing into his own mouth, which points to him not doing so anytime soon, if at all.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Mitch trying to get benched throwing the oc under the bench
I mean, how many more shots does Mitch get in the league? Go down swinging. Someone needs to call out our garbage coaching - god forbid the local media does.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011

shaq-hot-wings.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad