OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Speaking of Tire Fires if anyone cared to read or see the Rooney end of the year presser.

“I don't really evaluate Mike on anything other than I’m glad he’s our coach,” Rooney said. “Hopefully he’ll be our coach into the future. He gives us a chance to win, year in and year out, and put us in a position where we have a chance to compete for a championship.”

I don't really evaluate.

Sell the team Art.
Boy. I bet we all wish our bosses didn't evaluate us on our performances. They should just be glad we're there.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Speaking of Tire Fires if anyone cared to read or see the Rooney end of the year presser.

“I don't really evaluate Mike on anything other than I’m glad he’s our coach,” Rooney said. “Hopefully he’ll be our coach into the future. He gives us a chance to win, year in and year out, and put us in a position where we have a chance to compete for a championship.”

I don't really evaluate.

Sell the team Art.

I thought that quote was from The Onion, but it’s real.

It is obvious to most of us that’s how he feels based on why Tomlin still has a job, it’s just mind boggling that he admitted publicly Tomlin can do no wrong in his eyes.

Pretty disturbing to read, even when I already knew it was his thought process.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

It is obvious to most of us that’s how he feels based on why Tomlin still has a job, it’s just mind boggling that he admitted publicly Tomlin can do no wrong in his eyes.

Art is 70 after all so I'm thinking early Dementia maybe short term memory loss.

He'll be Al Davis soon but in his own unique way.

Reactions: Pens x

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
That Broncos/Saints trade is obviously a desperate move by the Broncos to try to salvage Russel Wilson. I guess if anyone is going to get him on track it's Sean Payton. I'd still be worried about Wilson though. He was special because of his ability to improvise and extend the plays. The wheels aren't what they used to be to do those things anymore and he isn't some great pocket passer. He may just be a player that won't age well. I guess we'll see. Steep price paid by the Broncos.

You also have to wonder how much of Wilson's success was Pete Carroll. Dude made Geno Smith a Pro Bowl QB this year.

I don't really like either team in the Super Bowl but those two teams are powerhouses. Should be a good matchup. I guess one thing to like about the Eagles success is that we got one of their top executives (Andy Weidl) that had a hand in helping build this great Eagles team. Hopefully he and Khan continue the success here.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
That Broncos/Saints trade is obviously a desperate move by the Broncos to try to salvage Russel Wilson. I guess if anyone is going to get him on track it's Sean Payton. I'd still be worried about Wilson though. He was special because of his ability to improvise and extend the plays. The wheels aren't what they used to be to do those things anymore and he isn't some great pocket passer. He may just be a player that won't age well. I guess we'll see. Steep price paid by the Broncos.

You also have to wonder how much of Wilson's success was Pete Carroll. Dude made Geno Smith a Pro Bowl QB this year.

I don't really like either team in the Super Bowl but those two teams are powerhouses. Should be a good matchup. I guess one thing to like about the Eagles success is that we got one of their top executives (Andy Weidl) that had a hand in helping build this great Eagles team. Hopefully he and Khan continue the success here.

Lots of rumors involving R Wilson. Many people saying his heart isn't in it anymore, etc.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Good lord. This organization is so ******* with Art running things.

Reactions: Night Shift

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Art is 70 after all so I'm thinking early Dementia maybe short term memory loss.

He'll be Al Davis soon but in his own unique way.

I think he’s just someone who is afraid to make that big decision and instead leans on the ‘Steeler Way’ as his crutch.

Much like Tomlin talks about “the standard is the standard” to fool fans and media into ignoring reality.

“You aren’t seeing historical failure and almost a dozen years of my own self induced purgatory, because the standard is the standard!”

Oh right! Standard is the standard!

In one breath they both try to BS the fans and public at large by pounding their chests how this is a competitive team with SB aspirations…

Yet when your org is on a historical franchise slide without a playoff win, and has gone 10 out of 12 years without a playoff win, what does that tell you about their delusions?

AR2 is under this comical notion his org is some winning franchise, yet they are now in the top ten teams with the longest playoff droughts.

Time to come back to reality my man.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

I don't really evaluate.

Sell the team Art.

What a job being the Steelers coach is. No one in the world has this much job security.

Reactions: Pens x

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Hate the guy, mostly because of the cheating scandals, but his HOF resume is mind blowing:

I think I really came around on Brady when he made that comeback against Atl in the SB. Yes, some dumb ass coaching decisions by the Falcons precipitated this, but Brady really put the team on his back that game.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think I really came around on Brady when he made that comeback against Atl in the SB. Yes, some dumb ass coaching decisions by the Falcons precipitated this, but Brady really put the team on his back that game.

As I get older, the athletes I used to despise I have grown to really respect. Brady, Tiger, Ovechkin. You have to respect guys who basically endured a generation. I watched the game when Tom Brady came in for Collins. I was in 9th grade. I don't really remember much of the NFL without Brady. It's really crazy to think about.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
As I get older, the athletes I used to despise I have grown to really respect. Brady, Tiger, Ovechkin. You have to respect guys who basically endured a generation. I watched the game when Tom Brady came in for Collins. I was in 9th grade. I don't really remember much of the NFL without Brady. It's really crazy to think about.

Not to pick, but wasn't it Bledsoe?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What a job being the Steelers coach is. No one in the world has this much job security.

Cook has another timely article... it seems even Tomlin's biggest cheerleader is now being smacked by the hand of reality:

My hope is based on KP's will to win and Weidl's savvy overcoming Tomlin Purgatory somehow.

I remember the days of Aikman and the 90s version of Montana, Young and Elway.... and that sinking feeling that the Steelers had no chance with their collection of mediocre Qbs.

Thats why I was always appreciative of Roth, even if he was kind of lazy and a jerk off the field. The rape accusation stuff I tried not to judge, not because he was a Steeler Qb, but because I saw both sides of the 'he said, she said' equation ruin friends and loved ones lives.

Last edited:

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Senior Bowl first practice recap from PFF

Tomlin front and center. Plus two of the players the Steelers are interested with in the writeup, aka Wright and Dawand Jones. Both are RTs though, so I would think earliest would be pick 49. The latest PFF Mock by Trevor Sikkema has the Steelers taking Wright at 17 and I think that would be a mistake. If Wright is a RT, that is way to high for a RT. RT is 2-4 round territory.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Senior Bowl first practice recap from PFF

Tomlin front and center. Plus two of the players the Steelers are interested with in the writeup, aka Wright and Dawand Jones. Both are RTs though, so I would think earliest would be pick 49. The latest PFF Mock by Trevor Sikkema has the Steelers taking Wright at 17 and I think that would be a mistake. If Wright is a RT, that is way to high for a RT. RT is 2-4 round territory.

PFF's own big board has him at 44. Was a ridiculous mock.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
on the bright side at least, he knows that he doesn't know enough about the game to make a football decision.

Florio had a rant in Oct basically claiming that AR2 was a meddling owner like Jerry Jones, but more discreet and Tomlin was basically his lapdog.

He then suggested this is why he keeps Tomlin around, because Tomlin goes along with it… he suggested Tomlin doesn’t have the power to fire Canada, etc etc:

Florio hates the Steelers so I didn’t take it seriously, but AR2’s comments the other day do have me wondering I’ll admit.

Reactions: Night Shift

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Really looking forward to almost 3 months of draft speculation, only to have us reach for someone that is probably 30+ spots too high, at a position no one is really considering.

Reactions: JTG

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hasn't it been reported that it was Rooney who pushed for Big Ben to get one last season, and that Tomlin and Colbert weren't super keen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad