OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbh my biggest takeaway from this game is watching the Bengals and Chiefs get held to 20-23 points isn't going to sway the minds of anyone who thinks they can win Super Bowls on the back of a defence.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't mind Mahomes. I don't hold his wife and his brother against him. I think he's a ridiculously entertaining QB. I also like Andy Reid. I think the success he established at Philly and KC is impressive. Both teams, in different eras of football, dominated their conferences.

Despite Philly fans being the worst, their team is doing something right. Their roster has almost no holes, they won a Super Bowl in the last 5 seasons and have missed the playoffs once, and they also have 2 first round picks this draft. They are a well run franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't mind Mahomes. I don't hold his wife and his brother against him. I think he's a ridiculously entertaining QB. I also like Andy Reid. I think the success he established at Philly and KC is impressive. Both teams, in different eras of football, dominated their conferences.

Despite Philly fans being the worst, their team is doing something right. Their roster has almost no holes, they won a Super Bowl in the last 5 seasons and have missed the playoffs once, and they also have 2 first round picks this draft. They are a well run franchise.
Philly went all in to win this season. They will see a ton quality players leave in FA because they are cap strapped but Hurts making that huge job will help offset that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I’ve heard ppl the last few days talking about Mahomes brother and never really knew who he was until now… dancing on the Taylor memorial is pretty f***ing low.

Anything to get attention these days I guess.

Not holding his stupidity over Mahomes though. If people held my brother’s stupidity over my head well…

I don’t care much about Philly fans. Most fans are obnoxious, especially when their teams start winning.

Ie Cincy fans were ok, now they are annoying as f*** and act like their team has won something.

I’m pulling for Philly because Weidl was a big architect of building that team and his vision for how a team should be built is right in line with mine.

Eagles getting a ring would give him a lot of sway in April, which is exactly what I want.

Reactions: Peat and JTG

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
That was one of the 1st questions that Juju was asked when he went to Kc was is he going to collaborate with Maholmes brother on social media

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I want the Eagles to win. Yes their fans suck, but they embrace it and are honest about it. I can sort of respect that. And if they win, maybe they'll smash up the city a bit ...

While I like Mahomes the player, I absolutely cannot separate the brother or his really annoying wife enough to justify hoping they win.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Philly went all in to win this season. They will see a ton quality players leave in FA because they are cap strapped but Hurts making that huge job will help offset that.

They did, but they could. They will be backfilling the guys leaving with two first round picks. That's how you are supposed to build a team. It should be a reload, not a rebuild.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I want the Eagles to win. Yes their fans suck, but they embrace it and are honest about it. I can sort of respect that. And if they win, maybe they'll smash up the city a bit ...

While I like Mahomes the player, I absolutely cannot separate the brother or his really annoying wife enough to justify hoping they win.

As long as the Eagle fans don’t eat horse shit… just ya don’t do that pls.

I can understand rooting agt Mahomes even if you like him, because winning the SB will just cause his wife/brother to act even more incorrigible.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I’ve heard ppl the last few days talking about Mahomes brother and never really knew who he was until now… dancing on the Taylor memorial is pretty f***ing low.

Anything to get attention these days I guess.

Not holding his stupidity over Mahomes though. If people held my brother’s stupidity over my head well…

I don’t care much about Philly fans. Most fans are obnoxious, especially when their teams start winning.

Ie Cincy fans were ok, now they are annoying as f*** and act like their team has won something.

I’m pulling for Philly because Weidl was a big architect of building that team and his vision for how a team should be built is right in line with mine.

Eagles getting a ring would give him a lot of sway in April, which is exactly what I want.

I think the front office set up here is as good as we could have hoped for. I think bringing in Weidl was a really great idea to support Khan. And I agree...Philly is built really well. I think a big differentiator there are the coaches and coordinators - they are superior to what we have.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think the front office set up here is as good as we could have hoped for. I think bringing in Weidl was a really great idea to support Khan. And I agree...Philly is built really well. I think a big differentiator there are the coaches and coordinators - they are superior to what we have.

Steelers vs league wide resources put into coaching is pretty sad, but that’s on Tomlin and AR2 letting him get away with his smartest guy in the room routine.

Eagles are showing us the ‘Steeler Way’ is flawed… well 10 out of 12 years without a playoff win already has… but Eagles have now made the SB twice in the last five years with two different coaches.

Which pretty much helps null the silly ass “who else ya gonna get!” Tomlin defense.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Steelers vs league wide resources put into coaching is pretty sad, but that’s on Tomlin and AR2 letting him get away with his smartest guy in the room routine.

Eagles are showing us the ‘Steeler Way’ is flawed… well 10 out of 12 years without a playoff win already has… but Eagles have now made the SB twice in the last five years with two different coaches.

Which pretty much helps null the silly ass “who else ya gonna get!” Tomlin defense.
...and two different QBs.

Sirianni is actually the type of guy I'd love to see us go after if he were ever available.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
...and two different QBs.

Sirianni is actually the type of guy I'd love to see us go after if he were ever available.

AR2 and the Steelers just live in their own world of delusions where their 'way' is relevant, despite little to no success for well over a decade.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They did, but they could. They will be backfilling the guys leaving with two first round picks. That's how you are supposed to build a team. It should be a reload, not a rebuild.
I am interested to see what the team looks like once hurts gets 50 million a year in 24 and if they pay miles 12 million a year. Bradberry and Hargrave are both leaving in FA.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
One thing that was striking to me about yesterday was that four TD's were scored on drives where teams converted a 4th down. Of all the stuff that Tomlin does good and bad, other than his hiring of assistant coaches, his extreme conservatism on going for it on 4th down is probably the most frustrating to me. I doubt he'd have gone for any of the ones that were converted yesterday - just puts so much pressure on the defense.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
AR2 and the Steelers just live in their own world of delusions where their 'way' is relevant, despite little to no success for well over a decade.

I am actually intrigued for AR2's son. He's seems like a chip off his grandfather's block. He has been involved in football operations. AR2 never really was - he was a lawyer. Dan was so good because he was heavily involved in the actual football operations and was good at it - his grandson seems to have some of those traits from what I have read.

I am interested to see what the team looks like once hurts gets 50 million a year in 24 and if they pay miles 12 million a year. Bradberry and Hargrave are both leaving in FA.

They are probably taking Bresee this year, and one of the numerous high end CBs at the end of the first. So I don't think it will matter. And by time Hurts is making big money, the cap will have gone up enough to offset some, if not most of that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad