OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Well what do you know, words straight from the man’s mouth he regrets signing with the Steelers.

How did that convo earlier go… oh right, MT felt screwed and likely regrets signing with the Steelers.

Hmm….

So you just posted a bunch of links filled with excuses why Tomlin has gone 10 of the last 12 years without a playoff win?

This somehow proves they would have done well in Buffalo?

Because uh, excuses always add up to playoff wins right?
No I think since KP isn’t going to be extremely turnover prone the game will be closer. Teams rarely win when their Qb turns it over in the playoffs

MT can regret it all he wants his other option at the time was to compete with jones for the giants and probably wouldn’t have started the season if he was a Giant. He needs to transition his brain to becoming a backup

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No I think since KP isn’t going to be extremely turnover prone the game will be closer. Teams rarely win when their Qb turns it over in the playoffs

MT can regret it all he wants his other option at the time was to compete with jones for the giants and probably wouldn’t have started the season if he was a Giant. He needs to transition his brain to becoming a backup

Well for KPs sake let’s hope Tomlin’s D can actually stop teams in the playoffs, because we haven’t seen that happen in many moons.

As for MT, as I told you a few months ago he wants out, if Rooney and Tomlin hold him hostage to his deal, I’m sure he will suck it up and not go all AB.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Well for KPs sake let’s hope Tomlin’s D can actually stop teams in the playoffs, because we haven’t seen that happen in many moons.

As for MT, as I told you a few months ago he wants out, if Rooney and Tomlin hold him hostage to his deal, I’m sure he will suck it up and not go all AB.
I am sure they will trade him and try n recover the 5th they lost but they aren’t cutting him.
Tomlin defense is the only reason they were able to survive 3 combined tds in bens 3 last playoff wins

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I am sure they will trade him and try n recover the 5th they lost but they aren’t cutting him.
Tomlin defense is the only reason they were able to survive 3 combined tds in bens 3 last playoff wins

Well Tomlin said they don’t want hostages and he clearly doesn’t want to be a Steeler.

Tomlin’s D is the one that shit the bed at the absolute worst time (a trend with Tomlin playoff teams) and Roth had to rescue Tomlin and the D to get Tomlin his only SB ring.

Without that ring, there would be a much different (and accurate) mantra around who Tomlin is.

Let’s not forget that.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Well Tomlin said they don’t want hostages and he clearly doesn’t want to be a Steeler.

Tomlin’s D is the one that shit the bed at the absolute worst time (a trend with Tomlin playoff teams) and Roth had to rescue Tomlin and the D to get Tomlin his only SB ring.

Without that ring, there would be a much different (and accurate) mantra around who Tomlin is.

Let’s not forget that.
Yeah Ben best throw in his career came against Arizona a decent game against Green Bay probably would’ve won it and really destroyed Rodgers career.
They don’t hold hostages but when Mason wanted out they didn’t cut him. They didn’t cut washington when he wanted cut.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah Ben best throw in his career came against Arizona a decent game against Green Bay probably would’ve won it and really destroyed Rodgers career.
They don’t hold hostages but when Mason wanted out they didn’t cut him. They didn’t cut washington when he wanted cut.

Well maybe if Mendenhall didn’t put the ball on the ground at a pivotal moment… but apparently it wasn’t his fault if you ask him so who knows.

Ok well apparently they hold hostages and Tomlin just says dumb shit (big news flash).

I guess MT could go all AB… or Deebo… or Blount or Ingram.

MT doesn’t want to be a Steeler and has been fuming since the Jets game, but maybe AR2 can sweet talk him I guess.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
MT can be mad all he wants his agent is free to go find a trade i don’t care. He is going to have a hard time finding someone to pay him 10 million next year and give him a chance to compete for the starting gig. He needs to accept he is in the bridgewater darnold stage of his career. I would rather pay Dalton of the world 3 million a year to backup anyway

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Good lord I know he’s 4th string but this is embarrassing. Every flag goes to philly.

Gonna make me root for Cincy or Mahommes in the super bowl. Unreal that’s what it comes to.

The Eagles are a good team, but they may have had the easiest path to a Super Bowl I’ve seen in a long time. The NFC was pretty much a joke outside of the 49ers and now they don’t even have a QB capable of using his arm available.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Gonna have to turn this game off. Dude gets pushed into the punter and gets called for roughing. Good lord this Philly team is unlikeable. Announcers loving every second of it.

ANOTHER FLAG. Can’t make this up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
MT can be mad all he wants his agent is free to go find a trade i don’t care. He is going to have a hard time finding someone to pay him 10 million next year and give him a chance to compete for the starting gig. He needs to accept he is in the bridgewater darnold stage of his career. I would rather pay Dalton of the world 3 million a year to backup anyway

The league is full of atrocious QB play. MT isn’t going to just give up on his dream because you told him it’s time.

He clearly feels he got screwed, flat out told us that in fact, and wants out.

Dude wants out, Tomlin said he doesn’t want hostages. So where is the disconnect here?

Are we not supposed to take Tomlin for his word?

So either Tomlin is a liar or as I said a few months ago, I don’t see MT coming back.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
AR2 can say what he wants but hopefully Khan and Weidl let him know they aren’t going to keep MT and will sign a backup for a commensurate amount.

They can save 5-6 mil by releasing MT and signing a backup. Put that money towards Cam Sutton. Or signing an ILB or summat.

Whatever….10.6 mil is WAY to much for a backup. Especially one like Mitch who sucks.

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
The league is full of atrocious QB play. MT isn’t going to just give up on his dream because you told him it’s time.

Dude wants out, Tomlin said he doesn’t want hostages. So where is the disconnect here?

So either Tomlin is a liar or as I said a few months ago, I don’t see MT coming back.
Tomlin isn’t the one saying he is coming back the guy who signs the checks is

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tomlin isn’t the one saying he is coming back the guy who signs the checks is

Cmon… if Tomlin doesn’t want a hostage like MT to come back, AR2 won’t be pounding the table to force him to stay.

AR2 isn’t going to force his nose in on a backup QB issue.

This will be Tomlin’s decision. So either he’s a liar who spouts off BS or MT will be moved as he so obviously wishes to be.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Cmon… if Tomlin doesn’t want a hostage like MT to come back, AR2 won’t be pounding the table to force him to stay.

AR2 isn’t going to force his nose in on a backup QB issue.

This will be Tomlin’s decision. So either he’s a liar who spouts off BS or MT will be moved as he so obviously wishes to be.
Ar2 had to agree to sign off on the incentives in MT contract. This guy was voted a team captain and someone they signed day 1. Most reports say Tomlin had to be talked into KP so if Ar2 thinks keeping MT in case KP gets concussed next year since they are similar players so be it

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Re Rooney's statement on Trubisky -

If they have any faint fantasy of getting a pick for him in trade, then they have to publicly back him. Saying "yeah, that was a mistake, he's gone" pretty much kills the market. I dunno if that's their thinking but it's not hard to see how the team mightn't be giving it straight for some reason or the other.

That said, given how much they value cohesion and stability, they could be utterly sincere. Wait and see.

Reactions: The Old Master

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ar2 had to agree to sign off on the incentives in MT contract. This guy was voted a team captain and someone they signed day 1. Most reports say Tomlin had to be talked into KP so if Ar2 thinks keeping MT in case KP gets concussed next year since they are similar players so be it

This is basically you comically taking away the the power of the guy who makes the personnel decisions for this team, so he doesn’t look like a liar.

Aside from Reid and Hoodie, Tomlin has the most power in the league to make these types of decisions.

So not buying what you are shoveling.

And no clue what you mean about Tomlin not wanting KP - KP was his guy and that’s exactly why he put up the smokescreen about Willis all spring and they even tried to move up for KP.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
AR2 can say what he wants but hopefully Khan and Weidl let him know they aren’t going to keep MT and will sign a backup for a commensurate amount.

They can save 5-6 mil by releasing MT and signing a backup. Put that money towards Cam Sutton. Or signing an ILB or summat.

Whatever….10.6 mil is WAY to much for a backup. Especially one like Mitch who sucks.
There’s been lotsa fuss about what the owner had to say about the backup QB. I don’t think we should assume that what he said is serious player personnel stuff but rather the owner offering a positive but meaningless assessment of a guy who lost his job.

Reactions: Peat

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Gotta hand it to Philly. They had a great game plan ... (obviously, 49ers were on life support with QB injury) super creative on offense and good defensive play.

2 SB appearances in 6 years with 2 coaches and quick rebuild.

I'd love to see a match up of Andy Reid vs. Philly. Not sure who to root for.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Lived in Cinci for a long time and definitely never became a Bengals fan, but hate to see them go out on a dumb penalty like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad