OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
There’s tons of still shots in the links from all 22
DJ definitely didn’t have a ton opportunities to catch in run like he did in 21. When he did he ran backwards trying to make a play.
The system is basic west coast stuff the same offense Kp runs in college

There are?? Where. ?
I don’t see see any still shots in the links you provided.
Have you checked the links or just spewing your usual bullspit?

So you don’t have the all 22. Do you have access to it?
Sounds like you’re just repeating other opinions.
There’s video from Kurt Warner braking dowm the all 22 from KP.
HAVE you had a chance to view that. I’m guessing no since it was a positive review.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
There are?? Where. ?
I don’t see see any still shots in the links you provided.
Have you checked the links or just spewing your usual bullspit?
So you don’t have the all 22. Do you have access to it?
Sounds like you’re just repeating other opinions.
There’s video from Kurt Warner braking dowm the all 22 from KP.
HAVE you had a chance to view that. I’m guessing no since it was a positive review.
Yeah I have i also seen The Qb School breqk down video. KP DID SOME GOOD THINGS FOR a rookie but has a long way togo

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
@TimmyD on the bright side youll have a new coach next year. Likely Peyton.
I’m not so sure you are right about that. I don’t believe they will want to pay Sean Payton $20 million. I’m not even sure they will fire Staley. Every key player came out today and gave him their vote of confidence. Now that doesn’t necessarily mean anything (what else are they supposed to say) but I’m not convinced he gets fired. I could see them forcing him to fire his coordinators and bring in more experience there and give him another season

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I’m not so sure you are right about that. I don’t believe they will want to pay Sean Payton $20 million. I’m not even sure they will fire Staley. Every key player came out today and gave him their vote of confidence. Now that doesn’t necessarily mean anything (what else are they supposed to say) but I’m not convinced he gets fired. I could see them forcing him to fire his coordinators and bring in more experience there and give him another season

Do the Rooney's own the Chargers too? Kidding aside, Herbert needs an elite coach, especially an offensive mind like Peyton on his side. Herbert is at that age where It is the perfect time, hopefully ownership sees it.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Blake Freeland-T-BYU is really underrated right now. He is usually ranked somewhere int he 50's, but he's been one of the top ranked T's in college football the last 3 years. Top 40 in the nation 20 and 21. 3rd this season. Aside from anyone who goes to BYU creeping me out, I think we should consider him with our 3rd pick.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Do the Rooney's own the Chargers too? Kidding aside, Herbert needs an elite coach, especially an offensive mind like Peyton on his side. Herbert is at that age where It is the perfect time, hopefully ownership sees it.
I just don’t see the owners paying Payton a crap ton of money while paying the guy they just fired. I think a more likely scenario would be firing Staley and hiring Frank Reich (which I would also be in favor of). But what I’m assuming happens is that they keep Staley, but fire his coordinators

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I just don’t see the owners paying Payton a crap ton of money while paying the guy they just fired. I think a more likely scenario would be firing Staley and hiring Frank Reich (which I would also be in favor of). But what I’m assuming happens is that they keep Staley, but fire his coordinators

I don't think Reich is a bad choice.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I find it odd LJ didn’t travel with the Ravens to the Cincy game.

Is his knee that bad he can’t even stand on the sidelines with his teammates?

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
If I'd had Calvin Austin this year we'd have had the best offense in the league. No one can stop my jet sweeps. - Matt Canada in a letter to Mike Tomlin, probably

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tis the season of cryptic NFL posts

Now their longtime beat guy, Preston, is calling for a trade of LJ:

Should be interesting off-season for them, but they will just tag him I assume.

Be stupid to give him a long term deal after he’s gotten hurt the last two seasons.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Addison officially declares for draft.

Hearing that CJ Stroud still isn't official yet. Might be something there.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I don't know why CJ wouldn't go pro. Even if Ohio State had a $5m NIL deal in place, why take that when you're set to get a multi-year deal worth more? On top of it, his OL is set to downgrade substantially at OSU next season with a bunch of guys graduating/going pro.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Looks like the LJ instagram post was real as Florio is reporting on it:

“When you have something good,” Jackson posted on his Instagram story, “you don’t play with it. You don’t take chances losing it. You don’t neglect it. When you have something good, you pour into it. You appreciate it. Because when you take care of something good, that good thing takes care of you too.”

I can’t imagine this will sit well with some Ravens brass and possibly teammates as well.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
On Tremaine Edmunds: I don't think it would be a good move. He'll cost quite a bit of money for a position that doesn't really demand that kind of spending these days. He's a luxury player, a luxury this team doesn't have the room for. If you're going to go through the effort of making cuts and restructures to create cap space, they'd be better off using that money to upgrade CB1.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
On Tremaine Edmunds: I don't think it would be a good move. He'll cost quite a bit of money for a position that doesn't really demand that kind of spending these days. He's a luxury player, a luxury this team doesn't have the room for. If you're going to go through the effort of making cuts and restructures to create cap space, they'd be better off using that money to upgrade CB1.

Is there a real CB1 upgrade available though?

Also, how feasible is it to say, with kindly structured contracts, "we cut Jack and Jackson and that's 20m shared between Edmunds at ILB and our new CB1 (probably just bringing back Sutton tbh), and we make the space to bring back the other guys that need to come back/sign our picks/sign a DT through cutting Witherspoon and Trubisky, and restructuring a couple of contracts"?

Although extending Highsmith this offseason with that could be pretty difficult.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I don't know why CJ wouldn't go pro. Even if Ohio State had a $5m NIL deal in place, why take that when you're set to get a multi-year deal worth more? On top of it, his OL is set to downgrade substantially at OSU next season with a bunch of guys graduating/going pro.

Yeah his entire offensive line is getting drafted. Johnson, Wypler, Jones will all probably be top 100 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad