OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
@TimmyD on the bright side youll have a new coach next year. Likely Peyton.

He’s probably avoiding all media and football talk like I would.

That would be rough as hell.

I’m used to Tomlin teams just getting rolled in the playoffs so there is never any big opponent comebacks.

Trying to think of the biggest Steelers playoff loss that involved a big comeback.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He’s probably avoiding all media and football talk like I would.

That would be rough as hell.

I’m used to Tomlin teams just getting rolled in the playoffs so there is never any big opponent comebacks.

Trying to think of the biggest Steelers playoff loss that involved a big comeback.

Yeah sometimes losses like that can be a blessing in disguise to get the changes needed to get the right people in.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Would mean a few significant cap moves

It should be pretty easy for them to open up a ton of cap space. Just cutting Will Jackson, Trubisky, and Witherspoon creates over 20 million.

Then any contract can be structured so there’s a small cap hit in year one like all of the contracts Colbert did this past offseason. The cap won’t be an issue.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
...and that you are better off being a late round pick to a good team than an early pick to a bad one.

Truth.

At 17 there is a very real possibility a guy who was supposed to be top 10 falls into our laps. It happens every single year, and it is why I always say when people say, "oh this guy will be gone by then" to not to necessarily count on that if they didn't start the year, and remain throughout the year, in the top 10 of the rankings consistently. We all talk about the draft so much, and we all read so many publications, that by time the draft comes, we all have 50 prospects in the 1st round.

This feels like an overstatement.

This far out? Sure, but everyone's talking as things stand.

Once you get closer... maybe every other year, judging from a quick comparison of final consensus big boards and the actual drafts. Whether someone has 50 guys in the first is irrelevant to the top 10, top 15, because most of them are potential guys for 16 onwards.

Top 10... I think most people at this stage have 5-6 guys they know will be there, and maybe 6-10 guys they think might be there. Top 15, 8-10 guys they know will be there, another 10 guys who might be there.

In any case, I'd rather hear/say "that's not realistic" than wade through a bunch of starry eyed mocks that insist we can get the dream faller every step of the way :laugh: not that I'm seeing a lot of either here.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Per
@JosinaAnderson
, the Atlanta Falcons have requested to interview Steelers coach Brian Flores for their defensive coordinator vacancy.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
McDaniel's success makes Shanahan's coaching tree that much more valuable, IMO. I'd love for us to poach someone from the SF staff.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Except anyone who watched the all 22 will tell they had tons of wide open Wr all year

Ha, as usual you’re full of it.

The all 22 showed guys open when Mitch was starting. Both in exhibition and reg season.

Most of the passing attack consists of plays where receivers run 10 yards down the field and turn around. Not exactly bill Walsh’s offensive design. Not even close to what San Fran is doing presently either.

It’s Exactly what you see on djs catch and run to the 2 yard line last week vs. Cleveland .

KP actually throws him open putting the ball into a space away from the defender in front of DJ after he turns around

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

The all 22 showed guys open when Mitch was starting. Both in exhibition and reg season.

Most of the passing attack consists of plays where receivers run 10 yards down the field and turn around. Not exactly bill Walsh’s offensive design. Not even close to what San Fran is doing presently either.

It’s Exactly what you see on djs catch and run to the 2 yard line last week vs. Cleveland .

KP actually throws him open putting the ball into a space away from the defender in front of DJ after he turns around
KP missed simms against Cleveland for a walk in TD

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Do you have the all 22 or not ?

I opened 2 of those links and neither claimed ‘receivers open in the 22’ like you claimed.
So WTF are you talking about.
Can you dispute what I said on the DJ catch and run? Running 10 yards down the field, turning around and facing the back of the LB. before KP throws away from the spot to get him open.

You can put Mahomes in this system designed by dumb and dumber and he’d look pedestrian.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Do you have the all 22 or not ?

I opened 2 of those links and neither claimed ‘receivers open in the 22’ like you claimed.
So WTF are you talking about.
Can you dispute what I said on the DJ catch and run? Running 10 yards down the field, turning around and facing the back of the LB. before KP throws away from the spot to get him open.

You can put Mahomes in this system designed by dumb and dumber and he’d look pedestrian.
There’s tons of still shots in the links from all 22
DJ definitely didn’t have a ton opportunities to catch in run like he did in 21. When he did he ran backwards trying to make a play.
The system is basic west coast stuff the same offense Kp runs in college

There’s tons of still shots in the links from all 22
DJ definitely didn’t have a ton opportunities to catch in run like he did in 21. When he did he ran backwards trying to make a play.
The system is basic west coast stuff the same offense Kp runs in college

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Baltimore's roster is so well constructed. They under perform with the players they have, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad