OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The Steelers won 9 games last year with Ben. Thinking they will take a step back now that they have a mobile QB is deluded. The defense is better. And with an unpredictable QB under center, it will make game planning for opposing coaches more difficult. It's not that hard to game plan for a QB that only operates out of the shotgun and isn't modile.
September 1st, 2022, followed by a bunch of people calling me crazy.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
September 1st, 2022, followed by a bunch of people calling me crazy.
There's a lot of people on here who only have the most basic understanding of the sport, so you should have taken that as a compliment.

They're not well coached either. If you're gloating about the NHALS, They played a few bad teams along the way and got lucky in a few of them.
Although I think it's funny, I didn't refer to that at all. Solely about a QB who had been washed up for the final 5 years of his career supposedly carrying the Steelers.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
OL,DL and CB are top needs this off-season. I’d have to imagine the first two picks will be a combination of those, unless we snag a DL in FA.

Hargrave is gonna be available again, though he’s probably too expensive by now.

There's a lot of people on here who only have the most basic understanding of the sport, so you should have taken that as a compliment.

Although I think it's funny, I didn't refer to that at all. Solely about a QB who had been washed up for the final 5 years of his career supposedly carrying the Steelers.
Eh, Ben wasn’t washed for the last 5 years, that’s a stretch. He absolutely made up for some bad coaching, mainly the OC. OC has been our issue for years.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Spoken by someone who is gloating about missing the playoffs.. but but but an agenda was fulfilled!

People that only have a basic understanding of the sport hold grudges about past players no longer on the team to then randomly bring it up, because agendas!

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
OL,DL and CB are top needs this off-season. I’d have to imagine the first two picks will be a combination of those, unless we snag a DL in FA.

Hargrave is gonna be available again, though he’s probably too expensive by now.

Eh, Ben wasn’t washed for the last 5 years, that’s a stretch. He absolutely made up for some bad coaching, mainly the OC. OC has been our issue for years.

DL seems to be an area of strength in free agency so it definitely wouldn’t surprise me to see them sign some guys.

ILB is also a definite need and like DL, it looks like there are a couple interesting names that could hit FA. I’m gonna be surprised if they don’t go after Tremaine Edmunds.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Steelers end up with the top pick in the second round which is awesome at least.
It’s a shame the Jets had to start Flacco though.
The Bears and Claypool did their part to get us a hell of a draft pick. Did they even win a game after that trade? I think I read Claypool had like 140 yards total in 7 games with them, pretty ugly.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
DL seems to be an area of strength in free agency so it definitely wouldn’t surprise me to see them sign some guys.

ILB is also a definite need and like DL, it looks like there are a couple interesting names that could hit FA. I’m gonna be surprised if they don’t go after Tremaine Edmunds.
Lol…the Steelers goal is to have as many brothers playing together and as many people associated with the team who have local ties as possible, Super Bowl be damned lol…

Reactions: Night Shift

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They're not well coached either. If you're gloating about the NHALS, They played a few bad teams along the way and got lucky in a few of them.
Not well coached I would say otherwise
How much FA cash does this team have?
No way MT Jackson and Jack are back at those numbers we going to be in the best place money wise we have been in a long time

Reactions: Peat

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
The Bears and Claypool did their part to get us a hell of a draft pick. Did they even win a game after that trade? I think I read Claypool had like 140 yards total in 7 games with them, pretty ugly.

They did not win another game. 10 game losing streak, lol.

Steelers are locked into the 18th pick. Start your mock drafts. 😁

And I am wrong. The Steelers can get the 17th pick if Seattle and Detroit win. So I’ll be rooting for that scenario. 🥩

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Something semi-related to this game:

I find it really stupid that a radio broadcaster is getting fired for betting on team games. I don't understand how the NFL can be slurping up so much money from these gambling ads but they get so angry whenever anyone affiliated with the NFL gambles on games. I understand coaches and players betting on games they're involved in, but an announcer? Seriously?
If you really can’t understand the problem with someone with Kosar’s access betting on games involving the team and then publicly announcing it you’re not nearly as clever as you think you are.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Then there is no excuse to get off to a slow start next year despite strength of schedule.
Yeah next season anything less than 11 wins is failure. They have tons of money to get real defensive depth probably sign 2 outside FA.
The offense will have an entire off season to grow it’s the youngest offense in the league KP will get more comfortable with play action I expect GP to take over Wr 1 and DJ slot into wr 2
We know are cross over games are New England Vegas and lions packers loser. They get the afc south and nfc west

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yeah it was awesome that the Bears weren’t aware that Claypool f***ing sucks at playing football.

6’4, athletic, fast, great hands, and sucks.
If the motherf***er knew how to high point a ball and use his body he would be amazing.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
…a much more likable team(especially the players) than in the last few years.
Absolutely. Getting Claypool and Juju out helped. They weren’t terrible, just kind of obnoxious relative to their mediocre production. Then I think some of the younger guys are starting to mature and lead, like Minkah and Pickett who seem like rock solid people.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Where's @Mr Jiggyfly to tell us how Roethlisberger was the only thing carrying the Steelers to a winning record?

Was wondering why some random @bambamcam4ever was tagging me.

Then remembered it was the poster who has a grudge against me from like four years ago. Forgot you didn’t like how I called you out for claiming Pouncey is probably a serial killer because he was friends with Hernandez (can’t make this shit up).

Now I’m laughing because the QB I clamored for in April just lead them to a 6-1 record down the stretch.

Congrats on being creepy though.

Reactions: Night Shift
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad