OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
The players never quit this season. In the middle of the year I never would imagine that the Steelers would have a shot at the postseason on the last week.
Watt coming back was the shot in the arm they needed but they needed to win a few of those games that they could have won and were in it for some of them.

The losses to the Pats and Dolphins were killers.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Going 9-8 after starting 2-6 with a rookie QB and a dysfunctional OC makes this a successful season in my books. The team really showed something to build on after the bye week. There are still very obvious holes, but they were extremely strong on both sides of the ball to end the year.

I also don't think it makes sense to throw around a blame game for why the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. They didn't deserve to be a playoff team with how bad they were to start the year. Most people were expecting them to finish 6-11 or 7-10 this year, so I don't think it's fair to be upset at them for not making the playoffs.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If they have Watt healthy for one of the Jets/Pats/Fins game, they're in the playoffs. Pretty tough close losses all year, especially that Baltimore loss, came back to bite them.

KP got much better, Now they just need to stop throwing to DJ and prioritize Muth and Pickens well before DJ. He drags down everything in the offense, takes away completions and yards from the QB every game.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Steelers end up with the top pick in the second round which is awesome at least.
It’s a shame the Jets had to start Flacco though.

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Better record than I think anybody should have expected with this team.

Some promising young players and a much more likable team(especially the players) than in the last few years.

New OC this offseason is the most important move this team could realistically make.

Easy to have a more likable team when Ben retires lol

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fun game to be at. I was dreading being here all day with the mistakes of the first half but once they sorted those things out, pretty sweet performance. Maybe the best of the season.

Whole bunch of things you can say about missing the playoffs but for me 9-8 just missing was about expectations, and Pickett looking like a franchise QB and the OL looking better and young players looking like they belonged mattered more than qualifying.

Think we got that.

Reactions: Andy99

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
Heck of a second half considering where they were at the bye. Pickett showed improvement weekly and did a really good job of not turning it over. The early season losses to the jets/pat/browns hurts.

Finished 7-2, the offense is really young. Future could be bright if they make the right moves

Reactions: Pengwins

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
If they have Watt healthy for one of the Jets/Pats/Fins game, they're in the playoffs. Pretty tough close losses all year, especially that Baltimore loss, came back to bite them.

KP got much better, Now they just need to stop throwing to DJ and prioritize Muth and Pickens well before DJ. He drags down everything in the offense, takes away completions and yards from the QB every game.
DJ also makes it all about himself and blames others when it’s his fault. I just don’t want that type of shit on this team anymore. Get rid of the f***ing clown this off season, get someone else in as support and focus on Pickens and Freiermuth.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Fire Canada and give do whatever can be done to upgrade our offensive line to give Pickett protection and Harris help.

Better O line let’s Pickett throw and Harris run. Along with an offense not run by Canada and our defence may not always have play 70% of the game….

Cheers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad