OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Every week we have Wr running wide open but they aren’t schemed open. Heck the td pass to Najaee looks like he was throwing to simms Will want to see the 22 break down.
Kp is starting to understand nfl open he still has throw with a ton more anticipation abd work on his accuracy down field

It's really weird to say this after the game yesterday, when Pickett had some absolute dime throws that his receivers just dropped or didn't win battles on.

He had absolute dimes to Pickens (lost a 50/50 battle, stepped out of bounds) and Johnson (at least one dropped ball, one bad footwork) that weren't catches because of his WRs. Of Pickett's 12 incomplete passes, I specifically remember about 4-6 of them being entirely because of his WRs dropping should be catches or his WRs losing 50/50 balls.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I think this team has so many holes that it wouldn't be wise to draft a WR, but I honestly think they need a WR as well. It's far down the list below a LT and CB, but I don't particularly like either Pickens or DJ as a true #1 WR. I don't think you necessarily need a true #1 WR though, I think having 3 good WRs between Pickens, Johnson and one other guy would be sufficient. Especially if that one other guy is a good slot receiver.

I think this team needs to have a run-focused offense with Pickett as QB going forward. I like the Warren and Harris RB duo, so I don't think you need to address the RBs. You desperately need to address the OL and OC situation and I think you need a physical slot receiver like what Juju was. Beyond that, I think the offense is mostly fine.

I’m actually getting to the point where I don’t hate the idea of Addison in the first. It’s probably way too early to predict where guys may go in the draft, but I’m thinking they may not have the option to take one of the top tackles without trading up. The same may be true for CBs.

That Bears pick is going to be so clutch come draft time. It opens up a lot of options for them. They don’t have to reach for that second tier of players in the first.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's really weird to say this after the game yesterday, when Pickett had some absolute dime throws that his receivers just dropped or didn't win battles on.

He had absolute dimes to Pickens (lost a 50/50 battle, stepped out of bounds) and Johnson (at least one dropped ball, one bad footwork) that weren't catches because of his WRs. Of Pickett's 12 incomplete passes, I specifically remember about 4-6 of them being entirely because of his WRs dropping should be catches or his WRs losing 50/50 balls.
Yeah he probably should have had closer to 200 yards before the last drive than 104.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Is this post from 2021? I mean, yeah, the tackles aren’t the strength of the team but the OL has been fine this year. I’m far more worried about CB and DL and ILB moving forward this off-season. And they need another WR.

Eh. A lot of the season it has been an issue. The line has picked up a lot in the second half of the season, but they've been playing bad teams. What they did to Baltimore was impressive but you'd like to see it more often. They've been very fortunate with injuries too.

It still seems like a big need to me.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This season has been frustrating at times, but I can’t really remember the last time I’ve enjoyed watching the Steelers this much. Maybe 2017? They’re just a really easy group to root for.

This offseason will be interesting to see how the Khan/Weidl combo deviate from what Colbert did. If Colbert were still here, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just went with the status quo at OL. I don’t know how much say Weidl will have, but the Eagles placed a premium on the lines.
I have said before, this team is really, truly likable. Cam, Kenny, Najee, Minkah, TJ. They are all just really solid guys that are so easy to root for. Killer B's were the most fun to watch, but you almost felt dirty cheering for them.

I agree with you. I like what I'm seeing thus far - that Claypool deal is not a deal Colbert would have ever made. Philly has historically drafted well, so that gives me some hope with Weidl. It will be tremendously interesting how they draft, the types of guys they draft, and how aggressive they get.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The team has holes, and outside of QB and RB, I think they could afford to take the BPA. Hell, they could even use some QB depth later in the draft.

It absolutely has. When he's moving, he can rip the ball and it is on target. His stats really aren't indicative of how he has played, IMO.

You can tell people who have no clue how to evaluate QBs… “look at KP stats he’s a bust garrrrr”

Better to say you are clueless and look like less of a fool.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yeah, Im not a doctor but sounds very serious...wow...they cant play this game but I have no idea what the league does to make up this game

They tried to get the teams to play this game 5 minutes after he was taken out of the stadium, it was only because of the coaches telling the NFL to f*** off that they game actually got postponed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Saw this…interesting and scary…football is like Russian roulette lol…

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I had a similar drop dead cardiac arrest almost 5 years ago going 8+ minutes with no heart beating until the third shock by the paramedics. They dropped by body temp down to 90F for a day or so and then put me in a medical coma and on a ventilator for a week. The lowering the body temp is to save the brain and in my case it worked.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Scenario seems to be they either make the playoffs or finish around 13th for the draft. That should still be high enough to get one of the elite T prospects. Obviously if they make the playoffs things get a bit more foggy. DT in the late teens might be the way to go unless a T slips way down.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I had a similar drop dead cardiac arrest almost 5 years ago going 8+ minutes with no heart beating until the third shock by the paramedics. They dropped by body temp down to 90F for a day or so and then put me in a medical coma and on a ventilator for a week. The lowering the body temp is to save the brain and in my case it worked.
WOW that is scary, God Bless

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Saw this…interesting and scary…football is like Russian roulette lol…

Don't want to start this again but reports are 2 weeks ago he had his 3 booster Soccer players have been dropping like flies & Damar is not a Big Obese OL or DL either . & Obviously going to be a bigger story on Pittsburgh. Regardless I just pray that he can have a normal life. Football is done for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad