OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
There is being a fan and then there is living in a state of delusion.

Tell me with a straight face that this team belongs playing the Bills or Chiefs in a playoff game.
Man who cares. I like watching the Steelers and I like when they win. There’s only a minimum of 17 games a year, I’ll enjoy every win

Reactions: MrBrightside

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
what does that have to do with what we're talking about?

You said I don't want the team to win because I believe they will get smoked by a super bowl contender in the first round of the playoffs as a mediocore team that might eek into the playoffs.

I don't know how many more ways I can say expecting the Steelers to lose against teams that are obviously much better than them is not the same as saying I want them to lose.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pickett's stat line is still meh.

15/27 for 160 and 1 TD.

When is the last time we had almost 200 rushing yards in a game? I can't even remember when.

His stat line is meh because his supporting cast with receivers were generally terrible today.

Pickens, Johnson and Freiermuth gave him literally no help today.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Pickett's stat line is still meh.

15/27 for 160 and 1 TD.

When is the last time we had almost 200 rushing yards in a game? I can't even remember when.

He had ANOTHER very clutch drive to win a game late, but a relatively mediocre rest of the game yes.

I didn't notice too many egregious misses due to accuracy this game like I had in prior games, I'm surprised he actually threw that many passes, is that a correct statline?

Pickens wasted a completion stepping out of bounds, and DJ didn't get his feet down on a deep pass, which will hurt his stats especially when Tomlin clearly mandates this offense doesn't take any risks downfield until forced when Pickett's in, so when the few shots he takes downfield don't work out, it'll hurt more than an Allen or Mahomes who take 10 shots a game downfield to make up for the misses.

The rushing offense absolutely showed up this game though, backs and the line, so I can't criticize the play too much because it was working well, but you just aren't going to win too many games only running in today's game.

The obvious thing missing from the passing offense that you'll see in the best offenses in the league where their QB's have highly efficient statlines are this offense creates exactly zero easy throws. Absolutely nobody gets schemed open, let alone any significant yac before contact.

Some of that is on Kenny needing to continue getting more reps to improve his reading the coverage, but a lot of that is play design and the receivers winning their routes.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Ok, the Pats could lose to the Bills in Buffalo but there’s no way the stinking’ Jets, who are bleeding losses, are going to beat Miami in Miami…

Dolphins will be missing Tua I think and they are in a tailspin.

Does Buffalo need to win or will they be resting guys?

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Dolphins were down to their 3rd string qb in today's game, they might struggle next week, but the Jets aren't any good either so there's that.

Buffalo will have the 1st seed to play for next week if they beat Cincy tomorrow.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
They have to pull two tackles out of this draft. I think we have the guys here already to figure out the interior of the time. Moore could be a good guard. He is absolutely, unequivocally an NFL LT.

Things that are apparent right now for the offense - KP is a legit starter. We have a really good 1-2 punch at RB. Pickens is a #1 WR. Freiermuth is a top 10 TE in the NFL.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Dolphins will be missing Tua I think and they are in a tailspin.

Does Buffalo need to win or will they be resting guys?
Buffalo still has to win on Sunday to clinch the bye
He had ANOTHER very clutch drive to win a game late, but a relatively mediocre rest of the game yes.

I didn't notice too many egregious misses due to accuracy this game like I had in prior games, I'm surprised he actually threw that many passes, is that a correct statline?

Pickens wasted a completion stepping out of bounds, and DJ didn't get his feet down on a deep pass, which will hurt his stats especially when Tomlin clearly mandates this offense doesn't take any risks downfield until forced when Pickett's in, so when the few shots he takes downfield don't work out, it'll hurt more than an Allen or Mahomes who take 10 shots a game downfield to make up for the misses.

The rushing offense absolutely showed up this game though, backs and the line, so I can't criticize the play too much because it was working well, but you just aren't going to win too many games only running in today's game.

The obvious thing missing from the passing offense that you'll see in the best offenses in the league where their QB's have highly efficient statlines are this offense creates exactly zero easy throws. Absolutely nobody gets schemed open, let alone any significant yac before contact.

Some of that is on Kenny needing to continue getting more reps to improve his reading the coverage, but a lot of that is play design and the receivers winning their routes.
Every week we have Wr running wide open but they aren’t schemed open. Heck the td pass to Najaee looks like he was throwing to simms Will want to see the 22 break down.
Kp is starting to understand nfl open he still has throw with a ton more anticipation abd work on his accuracy down field

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
The Steelers may still make the playoffs.

Discussion is who they will pick in the draft.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Buffalo still has to win on Sunday to clinch the bye

Every week we have Wr running wide open but they aren’t schemed open. Heck the td pass to Najaee looks like he was throwing to simms Will want to see the 22 break down.
Kp is starting to understand nfl open he still has throw with a ton more anticipation abd work on his accuracy down field

No way he was throwing for Simms the way he laid it out there.

His accuracy down field looked pretty damn good tonight on the dimes to Simms and DJ.

Too bad DJ has sloppy feet and the latter didn’t count.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

No way he was throwing for Simms the way he laid it out there.

His accuracy down field looked pretty damn good tonight on the dimes to Simms and DJ.

Too bad DJ has sloppy feet and the latter didn’t count.

Definitely saw improvement and some nice anticipation throws. He gets in a rhythm and lets it rip. That throw to simms has been open for 3 weeks. Last week vegas left him wide open but he wasn’t the first or 2nd read so KP missed him.
Definitely climbed the pocket better this game instead of just bailing to his right at the first sigb of trouble like he did in college

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Difference between 8 wins and 9 wins is insignificant.
Ending the season 7-2 is more meaningful than a couple draft spots.

IDK how they did it with such a bad offense.

Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Definitely saw improvement and some nice anticipation throws. He gets in a rhythm and lets it rip. That throw to simms has been open for 3 weeks. Last week vegas left him wide open but he wasn’t the first or 2nd read so KP missed him.
Definitely climbed the pocket better this game instead of just bailing to his right at the first sigb of trouble like he did in college

He was deadly rolling to his right in college and is doing that in the pros now to, so it has definitely translated.

He wasn’t as effective rolling to his left though, which was one of my only concerns with him coming out.

Very encouraged 2 of the biggest plays on the drive came when he rolled left.

If Mahomes or Allen made that play on the TD everyone would be dangling off their balls and claiming only they can make that kind of play.

Difference between 8 wins and 9 wins is insignificant.
Ending the season 7-2 is more meaningful than a couple draft spots.

IDK how they did it with such a bad offense.

They will have at worst 34th pick from Chicago, so they can do whatever they like in the draft within reason.

Watching KP do what he’s doing is more than worth losing 7-8 spots in the draft.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
He was deadly rolling to his right in college and is doing that in the pros now to, so it has definitely translated.

He wasn’t as effective rolling to his left though, which was one of my only concerns with him coming out.

Very encouraged 2 of the biggest plays on the drive came when he rolled left.

If Mahomes or Allen made that play on the TD everyone would be dangling off their balls and claiming only they can make that kind of play.

They will have at worst 34th pick from Chicago, so they can do whatever they like in the draft within reason.

Watching KP do what he’s doing is more than worth losing 7-8 spots in the draft.
Well collinsworth did compare him to Maholmes and muth to Kelce so lol you are right.
I am going need him to get better and more comfortable with play action and continue using his legs to extend drives he should easily get 3 1st downs a game running.
I can already here Nick wright calling us better than a bye fir kc again like last year but without hill we can make it closer than last year

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well collinsworth did compare him to Maholmes and muth to Kelce so lol you are right.
I am going need him to get better and more comfortable with play action and continue using his legs to extend drives he should easily get 3 1st downs a game running.
I can already here Nick wright calling us better than a bye fir kc again like last year but without hill we can make it closer than last year

I don’t think they ran PA all night except maybe the play where KP tripped.

Kind of inexcusable when they had almost 200 yards on the ground.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You said I don't want the team to win because I believe they will get smoked by a super bowl contender in the first round of the playoffs as a mediocore team that might eek into the playoffs.

I don't know how many more ways I can say expecting the Steelers to lose against teams that are obviously much better than them is not the same as saying I want them to lose.

Okay, but that's not what you said before. You literally said you want them to get in so they can get smoked. Maybe "so" was the wrong word choice and you meant "even though", but I was just responding to what you said. Because the sentence below means getting "smoked by a real team" is your desired outcome. That's not me making any stretch interpretation, that's what those words mean.

I hope they get into the playoffs on a miracle yet again so they can get smoked by a real team.
Anyway,this is dumb.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don’t think they ran PA all night except maybe the play where KP tripped.

Kind of inexcusable when they had almost 200 yards on the ground.
They can’t but again they haven’t been a play action team for years

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I am beginning to buy the theory that the universe is defending Tomlin's streak of not having a losing season.

Starting qb's the Steelers have faced this season:

Burrow (x2)
Mac Jones
Jacoby Brissett
Zach Wilson
Josh Allen (they got killed)
Tom Brady (washed old man)
Tua (concussed)
Hurts (got crushed)
Andy Dalton
Matt Ryan (see Tom Brady)
Marcus Mariota
Sam Darnold
Derek Carr

Yikes

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I am beginning to buy the theory that the universe is defending Tomlin's streak of not having a losing season.

Starting qb's the Steelers have faced this season:

Burrow (x2)
Mac Jones
Jacoby Brissett
Zach Wilson
Josh Allen (they got killed)
Tom Brady (washed old man)
Tua (concussed)
Hurts (got crushed)
Andy Dalton
Matt Ryan (see Tom Brady)
Marcus Mariota
Sam Darnold
Derek Carr

Yikes
Bill in New England has not beaten a starting Qb this year either

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

I'm beginning to think he's a really good coach that does only the minimum year in year out to hit his quota.

He only puts in the effort when he needs to. And after he hits his and Rooney's quota of a 9-8 record with a wildcard every single year, he stops coaching. He's done after week 18.

He's like a troll and Steeler fans deserve better imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad