OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
And ideal draft for me would see us land one of Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, or Broderick Jones, one of Addison, Johnson, or Njigba, and one of Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith. If we can land a combo of 3 players that would be a success to me. There are going to be top 64 talent corners into the 4th round.

I’m thinking you’re going to need to trade back into the first to get both a tackle and one of those receivers. It’s just not a really strong receiver class and those three are probably the top ranked guys.

Maybe teams will get spooked by Addison’s size and he’ll slip.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I just noticed that Muth is quietly putting together a potential season for the record books, which is astounding given the offense he's playing in.

He's about 220 yards from breaking Heath's own personal record of 816 receiving yards in a season, which would be the second best notch in franchise history.

Green holds the record with 942. Muth would need 346 to break his record... so about 69 yards a game over the last 5. Doable, but with this offense either being Jekyl and Hyde or playing turtle ball in the second half, it's likely an outside shot.

Miller holds the top three spots for receptions, topping out at 76. With 50 rcpts Muth needs a shade over 5 rcpts per game to break his record.

Muth basically needs to avg slightly better than 5/69 to break both records.

Muth is also currently sitting at 4th in the league for receiving yards among TEs. If this offense could be not ass next season, Muth could make a strong claim for second best TE in the league behind Kelce.

It's a crazy thing to say for some, but Freiermuth is a better TE in every single way than Heath Miller. He'll break all of our TE records easily. And this is coming from a guy who wore a Heath Miller jersey every single game from 2005-2013.

Moore is killing the offense with his penalties, moreso than abysmal play.

He's doing avg. Some games he's a turnstile and other games he pretty good. Last game the line were road graders and gave up no sacks, so we can't bitch too much.

However, for this offense to go next level, they need a LT upgrade. I'm losing hope with each win they can find an all-pro LT, but hopefully they can still find a big upgrade, with Moore as a good backup.

Moore could be a really good guard. He is not good enough on the outside.

Addison didn’t have a great season, so he may slip to the second round perhaps.

I think Addison is ticketed for the Bears pick we have.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I hate all the "connections"/nepotiam business that happens in this organization but both Porter, Jr. and Addison could be good picks legitimately.

I guess it helps that TJ and Cam's bros are playing pretty well right now

There can something to reuniting a QB/WR combo that has already developed chemistry

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Rashee Rice is a guy I think would be an outstanding player here and a good compliment to Pickens. I still think our best WR option is signing JuJu again, but that ship may have sailed. He's having a great year in KC.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Rashee Rice is a guy I think would be an outstanding player here and a good compliment to Pickens. I still think our best WR option is signing JuJu again, but that ship may have sailed. He's having a great year in KC.
Juju is going to ask for 12-15 million a year no thanks. It’s kinda interesting that he has asked multiple times for an extension in Kc they aren’t willing to talk. Guy has 2 100 yard plus receiving games and 2 tds with Maholmes let someone else pay the best FA wr on the market this off season

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Juju is going to ask for 12-15 million a year no thanks. It’s kinda interesting that he has asked multiple times for an extension in Kc they aren’t willing to talk. Guy has 2 100 yard plus receiving games and 2 tds with Maholmes let someone else pay the best FA wr on the market this off season

I would imagine that KC operates much like the Steelers do in terms of extensions during the season. I fully expect him to re-sign there. He's not going to make 12-15m, but I do expect him to make 8-10 on a 3-4 year deal.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I would imagine that KC operates much like the Steelers do in terms of extensions during the season. I fully expect him to re-sign there. He's not going to make 12-15m, but I do expect him to make 8-10 on a 3-4 year deal.
If he was willing to do the 3-30 gage got from Tampa he would have never left.
He is the best FA he is going to get 12 million easily Nelson Aghlor got 2-24 and he and hardman are the other 2 top FA WR

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If he was willing to do the 3-30 gage got from Tampa he would have never left.
He is the best FA he is going to get 12 million easily Nelson Aghlor got 2-24 and he and hardman are the other 2 top FA WR
We will see. I think JuJu wants term after signing a bunch of 1 year deals. Aghlor got 2 years. JuJu is going to want 3 or 4.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
We will see. I think JuJu wants term after signing a bunch of 1 year deals. Aghlor got 2 years. JuJu is going to want 3 or 4.
He wants to cash out period. That’s why he went to play with Maholmes on the cheap. He himself said he turned down an offer of us for multiple years before he went to KC.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He wants to cash out period. That’s why he went to play with Maholmes on the cheap. He himself said he turned down an offer of us for multiple years before he went to KC.

The offer we gave him was a low ball to see if we could continue to play on his allegiance. He left because Ben left. He knows how bad it was without him. Staying here was basically career suicide - he'd be giving up a lot of money and have no shot at a Super Bowl. Staying in KC he will give up some money, gain security, and he will probably win at least 1 Super Bowl.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So I see Pickens is making headlines for whining about not getting the ball enough. I’m sure it’s overblown though and really means nothing

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Someone needs to tell Pickens that comparing it to TO isn't the way to go on this if he's trying to make his case ...

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Someone needs to tell Pickens that comparing it to TO isn't the way to go on this if he's trying to make his case ...

Apparently on FS1 with Sharpe and Bayless Tomlin was quoted as not having a problem with Pickens outburst.

Tomlin said Pickens yelling on the sideline was no different than what he has seen from a lot of great players going through frustrating games.
I want a guy that wants to be a significant part of what it is we do,” Tomlin said. “Now the appropriate and professional and mature way to express that, we’re growing and working on, and we will continue. But that spirit, that competitive spirit, that guy that wants the ball? I want that guy

Poor Kenny

Last edited:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Apparently on FS1 with Sharpe and Bayless Tomlin was quoted as not having a problem with Pickens outburst.

Tomlin said Pickens yelling on the sideline was no different than what he has seen from a lot of great players going through frustrating games.
I want a guy that wants to be a significant part of what it is we do,” Tomlin said. “Now the appropriate and professional and mature way to express that, we’re growing and working on, and we will continue. But that spirit, that competitive spirit, that guy that wants the ball? I want that guy

Poor Kenny

That Tomlin was OK with it tells me all I need to know.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I mean he did say the way he goes about expressing it needs worked on (appropriate/mature, etc.) but he doesn’t have a problem with a playmaker wanting the ball.

He’s not wrong on that. It’s not like he outright said he didn’t care.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think it’s concerning when there were red flags about his maturity in his scouting reports.

A lot of people tried to justify AB and Bryant’s behaviors when they first started popping up, and let’s just say things didn’t end up being “not a big deal”.

However, I kind of accepted most good receivers will display some type of diva behavior these days.

I just hope it doesn’t turn into the same BS like when Roth started forcing balls to AB when he would pout like a five year old.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I can't blame Pickens because I'm frustrated for him, unlike AB who was getting force fed passes and he still wasn't happy. I'd imagine that the game being in Atlanta, the kid had a bunch of people in attendance to see him and that's embarrassing. Pickens was targeted 2 times. With how well he has played it's totally unacceptable. He should be seeing 10 targets a game, at least.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Pickett has a gold mine in Pickens. Throw the ball up to him. He'll come down with it. The bigger issue to me are these WRs getting in Pickett's ear. He doesn't need that rattling around in his head while he's trying to develop himself.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Interesting in that KP says Canada is very open to suggestions from players/staff.

Reputable beat guys say sources have told them Canada is arrogant and isn’t open to input on his gameplans.

I feel like KP would know here though…

I suspect Tomlin will bring back Canada at this point, if the offense stays on the same trajectory.

I definitely don’t agree with it, but the writing is on the wall and people better prepare themselves.

Last edited:

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022

Interesting in that KP says Canada is very open to suggestions from players/staff.

Reputable beat guys say sources have told them Canada is arrogant and isn’t open to input on his gameplans.

I feel like KP would know here though…

I suspect Tomlin will bring back Canada at this point, if the offense stays on the same trajectory.

I definitely don’t agree with it, but the writing is on the wall and people better prepare themselves.

UMMM Why would he say something bad about the OC who is reported to be an egomaniac??Control freak?

people dancing the jig because that "Offense" scored 19 Points??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad