OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I like Moore for being a 4th round pick. I don't think they get enough credit for how well he has performed for where he was picked. But I think at best he is a solid backup at Tackle. I also wonder if he could be moved to LG.

And I like Ogunjobi, he has done well here. If they had a stoudt guy in the middle they would look better as a line. And I believe they will take a DL with one of the 2nds.

This is fair. Moore is not a bust or anything, but it's unreasonable to expect a 4th rounder to become a franchise LT.

When you take a QB high and are paying him peanuts comparatively, there really isn't an excuse to skimp on the LT position. I know why...we have 3 defensive players that make up 1/3rd of our cap collectively...but we need to reassess.

I'm happy to keep Moore around for depth - but we should upgrade him.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I like Moore for being a 4th round pick. I don't think they get enough credit for how well he has performed for where he was picked. But I think at best he is a solid backup at Tackle. I also wonder if he could be moved to LG.

And I like Ogunjobi, he has done well here. If they had a stoudt guy in the middle they would look better as a line. And I believe they will take a DL with one of the 2nds.
This organization played with Starks and Villanueva at LT Moore can easily get to that level. Doctson is a black hole and I wouldn’t mind him getting replaced
Leal loudermilk Heyward ADams FA DL plus a depth piece is the 6 they rarely carry 7. Buggs is getting tons of play in Detroit maybe he is brought back
It is CB LG/c of the future for me olb 3 but we will see

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I am pretty excited to see a full offseason with Khan/Weidl. They’ll have a decent amount of cap space and draft capital to make their mark on the team.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This organization played with Starks and Villanueva at LT Moore can easily get to that level. Doctson is a black hole and I wouldn’t mind him getting replaced
Leal loudermilk Heyward ADams FA DL plus a depth piece is the 6 they rarely carry 7. Buggs is getting tons of play in Detroit maybe he is brought back
It is CB LG/c of the future for me olb 3 but we will see

Just No.

Do you realize how important the Tackle position is (Right or Left)? Tampa is lucky Wirfs is only out for 4 weeks because I'm not so confident going into the post season without him.

But if the Steelers Go CB this year. then LT next year. Pickett needs that protection.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
That's the funny thing about opinions- they don't mean anything unless you have data. You don't have evidence, and that's getting to you, so you're dropping ad hominems. It's cool, keep on dropping nonsense if it makes you feel important!

Btw- here are the league leaders in dropped passes. DJ doesn't even "lead" his team in that department

That’s not how logic works. Misrepresentation of numbers isn’t worth a damn. Your opinion is wrong on the merit that your arguments and ideas are false. Trying to slap “data” on top of it is like trying to use math to prove 3+3=9. It doesn’t and you pulling up numbers is irrelevant.

Dionte Johnson is not worth a first round pick. The market doesn’t say he is, either. An overpay doesn’t set the market. This debate is done.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Slovis sucked but this guy's stats are hideous.

I thought that Yarnell looked decent and I hope he gets a legit chance. This is not a superstar transfer.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Steelers haven’t turned the ball over in four consecutive games which is apparently a franchise record going back to the 30s.

A lot of that is on KP, but Tomlin is likely stressing ball security more than ever given how they have no room for error.

DJ got lucky yesterday, but streak continues.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I know this is mostly irrational as we need to pad our lines. BUT if I could trade DJ for a 2nd or 3rd I would do that then try to draft Quentin Johnston (WR) out of TCU. He's a 6'4 athletic freak to create a nightmare outside reciever corps.

Imagine both he and Pickens threatening deep. It would create havoc on secondaries with Friar getting the soft spots in the middle.

That would create KP a plethora of weapons.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I feel like Addison could be there with the Bears 2nd. Could be a good reunion
I hate all the "connections"/nepotiam business that happens in this organization but both Porter, Jr. and Addison could be good picks legitimately.

I guess it helps that TJ and Cam's bros are playing pretty well right now

Reactions: JTG

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I know this is mostly irrational as we need to pad our lines. BUT if I could trade DJ for a 2nd or 3rd I would do that then try to draft Quentin Johnston (WR) out of TCU. He's a 6'4 athletic freak to create a nightmare outside reciever corps.

Imagine both he and Pickens threatening deep. It would create havoc on secondaries with Friar getting the soft spots in the middle.

That would create KP a plethora of weapons.

That guy is gonna be a f***ing problem in the league. And I don't mean the "headcase" variety.

Reactions: Flying Dego

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
That guy is gonna be a f***ing problem in the league. And I don't mean the "headcase" variety.
We could desperately use a superstar #1 WR. Pickens could be it but getting Johnston would give us a high chance of one of them being it. If we strike gold and both turn out to be electric recievers?

I can guarantee DJ isn't it. Move on, nows the time to rebuild

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
This isn't a horrible draft to have a lot of picks. I'd flip DJ and try to land a WR in the 2nd. I like Johnson and Addison. Downs from UNC is also really good.

I'd like to see us pull out a LT, NT, and CB from this draft. Anything else is gravy. NT and CB has a lot of options, so I like our odds.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
That’s not how logic works. Misrepresentation of numbers isn’t worth a damn. Your opinion is wrong on the merit that your arguments and ideas are false. Trying to slap “data” on top of it is like trying to use math to prove 3+3=9. It doesn’t and you pulling up numbers is irrelevant.

Dionte Johnson is not worth a first round pick. The market doesn’t say he is, either. An overpay doesn’t set the market. This debate is done.

Oh well since you say it's done, then it certainly is!
I mean if the matter is so obvious, certainly YOU can come up with EVIDENCE to prove the contrary. Ball is in your court. I anxiously await your astounding analysis outside of generalizations.

As they say in the trading business, it only takes 1 team to make an overpayment. But I'm certain you knew that

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
This isn't a horrible draft to have a lot of picks. I'd flip DJ and try to land a WR in the 2nd. I like Johnson and Addison. Downs from UNC is also really good.

I'd like to see us pull out a LT, NT, and CB from this draft. Anything else is gravy. NT and CB has a lot of options, so I like our odds.

Especially for WRs. There's more than a few that could really be great.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I just noticed that Muth is quietly putting together a potential season for the record books, which is astounding given the offense he's playing in.

He's about 220 yards from breaking Heath's own personal record of 816 receiving yards in a season, which would be the second best notch in franchise history.

Green holds the record with 942. Muth would need 346 to break his record... so about 69 yards a game over the last 5. Doable, but with this offense either being Jekyl and Hyde or playing turtle ball in the second half, it's likely an outside shot.

Miller holds the top three spots for receptions, topping out at 76. With 50 rcpts Muth needs a shade over 5 rcpts per game to break his record.

Muth basically needs to avg slightly better than 5/69 to break both records.

Muth is also currently sitting at 4th in the league for receiving yards among TEs. If this offense could be not ass next season, Muth could make a strong claim for second best TE in the league behind Kelce.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This is fair. Moore is not a bust or anything, but it's unreasonable to expect a 4th rounder to become a franchise LT.

When you take a QB high and are paying him peanuts comparatively, there really isn't an excuse to skimp on the LT position. I know why...we have 3 defensive players that make up 1/3rd of our cap collectively...but we need to reassess.

I'm happy to keep Moore around for depth - but we should upgrade him.

Even with the money that Watt, Heyward and Fitzpatrick are commanding, there is a near infinity of positions and picks that could have been scanted on to try upgrading Moore. They didn't do it because they believed in Moore's upward arc and they've been proved brutally wrong.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Even with the money that Watt, Heyward and Fitzpatrick are commanding, there is a near infinity of positions and picks that could have been scanted on to try upgrading Moore. They didn't do it because they believed in Moore's upward arc and they've been proved brutally wrong.

Moore is killing the offense with his penalties, moreso than abysmal play.

He's doing avg. Some games he's a turnstile and other games he pretty good. Last game the line were road graders and gave up no sacks, so we can't bitch too much.

However, for this offense to go next level, they need a LT upgrade. I'm losing hope with each win they can find an all-pro LT, but hopefully they can still find a big upgrade, with Moore as a good backup.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob and Peat

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I just noticed that Muth is quietly putting together a potential season for the record books, which is astounding given the offense he's playing in.

He's about 220 yards from breaking Heath's own personal record of 816 receiving yards in a season, which would be the second best notch in franchise history.

Green holds the record with 942. Muth would need 346 to break his record... so about 69 yards a game over the last 5. Doable, but with this offense either being Jekyl and Hyde or playing turtle ball in the second half, it's likely an outside shot.

Miller holds the top three spots for receptions, topping out at 76. With 50 rcpts Muth needs a shade over 5 rcpts per game to break his record.

Muth basically needs to avg slightly better than 5/69 to break both records.

Muth is also currently sitting at 4th in the league for receiving yards among TEs. If this offense could be not ass next season, Muth could make a strong claim for second best TE in the league behind Kelce.

Yea Muth is a great weapon for Pickens as he develops. Feel like having Miller was Ben's security blanket as we transitioned through all the WR's in his tenure.

We could do a lot worse than Muth

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Especially for WRs. There's more than a few that could really be great.

And ideal draft for me would see us land one of Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, or Broderick Jones, one of Addison, Johnson, or Njigba, and one of Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith. If we can land a combo of 3 players that would be a success to me. There are going to be top 64 talent corners into the 4th round.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And ideal draft for me would see us land one of Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski, or Broderick Jones, one of Addison, Johnson, or Njigba, and one of Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith. If we can land a combo of 3 players that would be a success to me. There are going to be top 64 talent corners into the 4th round.

Addison didn’t have a great season, so he may slip to the second round perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad