OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I’m guessing they’ll hire an “Offensive Assistant” or something this offseason that will take over as OC when Canada’s contract is up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Some “people” see the writing on the wall.

You kind of have to be a mental midget not to see what’s coming here.

It’s like a few around here just started following Tomlin’s Steelers.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Some “people” see the writing on the wall.

You kind of have to be a mental midget not to see what’s coming here.

It’s like a few around here just started following Tomlin’s Steelers.

Well Like you said, since Tomlin owes Canada a favor and they continue on this run, he can avoid having to fire him (from media/fan pressure). He'll have that excuse that The offense improved at the end, ect.ect.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Well Like you said, since Tomlin owes Canada a favor and they continue on this run, he can avoid having to fire him (from media/fan pressure). He'll have that excuse that The offense improved at the end, ect.ect.

The offense since the bye has been slightly better than mediocre. There is little doubt if the O stays merely competent as it is now, Canada isn’t going anywhere.

One would have to be pretty gullible or know zilch about Tomlin to not see what’s coming.

If KP doesn’t regress in the last five games, Tomlin and Rooney will undoubtedly tie his progress to Canada, and sell his presence necessary for KP not to go backwards next season.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
9-8 baby.

f36a325d-22ee-4ed3-9829-1c91cf09d2a3_text.gif

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Win a couple games against two teams in shambles and we're back to debating Mike Tomlin and Canada actually being good coaches. This fanbase is unreal

I'm not sure there is a fan base out there other than the Lions and Browns that root for mediocrity like this one does. And the 2 teams I mentioned have a legitimate reason to root for mediocrity.

Tomlin purgatory baby!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just saw on TeamRanking the Steelers are 31st in third quarter scoring with 22 points over 12 games.

Roughly 1.8 points per game.

So suffice to say, fixing their red zone woes and not playing turtle ball in the third would help this become a more competent O.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Just saw on TeamRanking the Steelers are 31st in third quarter scoring with 22 points over 12 games.

Roughly 1.8 points per game.

So suffice to say, fixing their red zone woes and not playing turtle ball in the third would help this become a more competent O.

Under Tomlin, How often we see this team build a 2 or more score lead and those leads evaporate in the 2nd half. That's why I raised the question a couple weeks ago, last time we blew somebody out? It went unanswered because no one remembers.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm not sure there is a fan base out there other than the Lions and Brown that root for mediocrity like this one does. And the 2 teams I mentioned have a legitimate reason to root for mediocrity.

Tomlin purgatory baby!

This really isn’t about Yinzers and fans, it’s about denial.

You are responding to someone who is in denial about Tomlin’s behavioral patterns.

The only unreal thing here is someone fooling themselves into believing Canada is on track to be fired in January.

If Canada manages to keep this O mediocre like he has since the bye, he’s not going anywhere.

Nothing in Tomlin’s history of arrogance and poor assistant coaching hiring practices would suggest anything but further employment for Canada.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This really isn’t about Yinzers and fans, it’s about denial.

You are responding to someone who is in denial about Tomlin’s behavioral patterns.

The only unreal thing here is someone fooling themselves into believing Canada is on track to be fired in January.

If Canada manages to keep this O mediocre like he has since the bye, he’s not going anywhere.

Nothing in Tomlin’s history of arrogance and poor assistant coaching hiring practices would suggest anything but further employment for Canada.

All Fair points, I agree.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
All Fair points, I agree.

If KP keeps progressing, Ie not costing them games and basically being a Roth 2004 type game manager, and the O avgs 20+ a game the last 5, why would anyone think Tomlin fires Canada?

He and Rooney will tie KP’s future success to keeping Canada around and not wanting to ‘interrupt his progress’ and learn a new offense robble robble.

Not sure how anyone with common sense can’t understand that’s the most likely outcome here.

Reactions: Night Shift

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

No one in here is arguing that Canada is on track to be fired this January.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Not now a month ago heck before the season started yes. There’s tons of people all over Steelers message boards that want Canada fired

Well yeah I think most people still want him fired. I personally still do because I think he’s just not cut out to be an NFL coordinator.

But it’s not gonna happen at this point. If they let him go, it probably won’t be until after the 2023 season when his contract is up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not now a month ago heck before the season started yes. There’s tons of people all over Steelers message boards that want Canada fired

People have never stopped wanting Canada to be fired on here, on other boards, on talk radio, wherever.

This offense hasn’t put together a full game yet.

But it doesn’t mean he will be fired, because he won’t be barring a catastrophic finish.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
People have never stopped wanting Canada to be fired on here, on other boards, on talk radio, wherever.

This offense hasn’t put together a full game yet.

But it doesn’t mean he will be fired, because he won’t be barring a catastrophic finish.
And most of them will continue to want them fired regardless of how poorly or well the Steelers' do until they're gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad