OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yep, rookie franchise record without int. Hell of a turn around and he deserves huge props.

He might be getting close to the longest streak of any QB on the season without a pick… forget who it was with the streak when I saw it earlier this week, but KP was only 20-30 throws behind him.

Depends on which guy throws a pick first I suppose.

Nah he's not close to that, Rodgers has that record with 402 consecutive pass attempts without a pick.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Nah he's not close to that, Rodgers has that record with 402 consecutive pass attempts without a pick.

?

I’m talking about for this season.

Looks like it’s Brady though and it’s like 350+ passes.

I’ll have to see what that stat was I saw because it wasn’t 300 some passes.

Might be the current longest streak in the league this season since Brady threw a pick a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
You don't know what you're talking about. Claypool stinks. DJ is a top 20 WR in the league. DJ would absolutely fetch a first.

I would be very shocked to land a first for Johnson. I could see them getting a 2nd in 2023 and a pick in 2024.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
?

I’m talking about for this season.

Looks like it’s Brady though and it’s like 350+ passes.

I’ll have to see what that stat was I saw because it wasn’t 300 some passes.

Might be the current longest streak in the league this season since Brady threw a pick a couple weeks ago.

Misread what you said, I thought you said the longest stretch of a QB in a season, not this season.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Hollywood Brown and the 100th pick brought back the 23rd pick. If you go by draft pick value, that puts Brown’s value at a late first.

I would say DJ is at least an equivalent player to Brown. And if you add in the lack of available options this offseason plus DJ being pretty reasonable contract wise, I don’t think a first would be all that shocking. If you’re only getting a second for him, just keep him.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Misread what you said, I thought you said the longest stretch of a QB in a season, not this season.

No I already knew about Brady’s streak that Rodgers broke.

Didn’t know about Brady’s new streak this season and getting like 3 passes short of breaking Rodgers record.

Like 99% sure the new current streak is what I read about and it was around 130 passes. Can’t remember who it is though.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Yeah and DJ doesn’t have more value than Claypool

I swear some people in this thread don't watch other games, just put on the Black and Gold glasses on and only the Steelers.

Ok DJ leads the league in separation and can not be guarded m2m that is way more than Claypool can say

I don't think this is a real stat. He's not a top Reciever in any category

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It is ok keep stacking wins and watch the tears fall when they bring Canada back and Tomlin gets them to 9-8 or 10/7
Careful with those predictions - you’ve been wrong a lot.

Edit: also, the Falcons and Colts suck. The gee dee Colts lost 54 to 19 yesterday - they aren’t some powerhouse. The Steelers are playing some pretty lousy teams - let’s not get too excited. Don’t the Falcons have the third or fourth worst defense in the league?

What does that say about your almighty Canada that he couldn’t crack 20 points against one of the worst defenses in the league?

It says extension in your head. Sign that man before a division II college offers him an offensive coordinator position!

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Shift

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
DJ is consistently one of the most open WRs in the league. He has his warts but if he ever played with a QB that wasnt ancient, a rookie or better at duck calling than throwing footballs he would get big numbers.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
The way to keep Pickens in check (and any WR in check) is to just throw them the ball. Pickens is so good, that next year, he should lead the league in targets. He absolutely has top tier ability and DJ is standing in his way because DJ also believes he has top tier ability.

So, reward it? I could get behind that if the intent is to build up his value and deal him before the top blows off another diva volcano.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Is there an actual table to compare because I can't find it.

Edit: never mind found it within the link.

DJ is consistently one of the most open WRs in the league. He has his warts but if he ever played with a QB that wasnt ancient, a rookie or better at duck calling than throwing footballs he would get big numbers.

Speaking of which: Chris Godwin, 1/4 less games than DJ (out 3 games). Playing with an injured hamstring all season as a #2. Same yardage as DJ.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So, reward it? I could get behind that if the intent is to build up his value and deal him before the top blows off another diva volcano.

We’ll see if Tomlin learned his lesson with AB.

Pickens should be sitting a quarter Sunday, but likely won’t happen.

On the other side of the coin, DJ does a lot of stupid shit that hurts his team.

He’s just a volume catcher that doesn’t make big plays when you need them.

It’s hard to win with guys like him.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I don’t believe DJ is worth a 1st. But I also watched a team at the deadline trade what could end up being the first or second pick of the second round for Chase Claypool…. Who sucks royally. So I’m not sure what to think the return would be if they moved DJ. I don’t think it should be a first, but again I have no idea how a team thought Claypool was worth a really high 2nd

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
He’s just a volume catcher that doesn’t make big plays when you need them.

It’s hard to win with guys like him.
That's a good summary of DJ. You watch his routes and they are really crisp. BUT he drops a ton of passes, has no vertical threat or + speed, and is short (not physical).

He thrives on a Ben QB who has to get rid of the ball for 5-10 yd gains but I've never seen him as a #1. He'd be an excellent slot reciever with 2 bigger or faster guys running the outside.

FYI to anyone curious. He wouldn't return anywhere close to a 1st with his contract.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don’t believe DJ is worth a 1st. But I also watched a team at the deadline trade what could end up being the first or second pick of the second round for Chase Claypool…. Who sucks royally. So I’m not sure what to think the return would be if they moved DJ. I don’t think it should be a first, but again I have no idea how a team thought Claypool was worth a really high 2nd

The time to trade DJ was at the draft when he was coming off a big statistical season, and several teams were paying up for WRs.

He’s having a shitty year with no TDs, and lots of key drops.

Steelers really missed the boat in April, but semi made up for it with the Chi trade.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's a good summary of DJ. You watch his routes and they are really crisp. BUT he drops a ton of passes, has no vertical threat or + speed, and is short (not physical).

He thrives on a Ben QB who has to get rid of the ball for 5-10 yd gains but I've never seen him as a #1. He'd be an excellent slot reciever with 2 bigger or faster guys running the outside.

FYI to anyone curious. He wouldn't return anywhere close to a 1st with his contract.

AB was short, but he was explosive. DJ is just shifty, but he doesn’t have AB speed or body control, nor his hands for sure.

Guys like Ward and AB could not only generate big downfield plays, but they were also stick movers that made big catches on third downs.

DJ is just a dude that makes a lot of catches… without big plays or YAC.

Last year he was around 10 YPC which is kind of comical. Except this season it is 9.3 YPC. For his career he is at 10.5 YPC.

That’s like blocking TE type of YPC. Gentry was at 8.8 last season for reference.

This again doesn’t even take into account his penchant for big drops at the worst times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad