Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Assuming Cooper Flagg is #1)lives up the hype and then #2)signs his rookie extension prior to his 4th season like Cade Cunningham just did.

Also in terms of players with at least 7 seasons in the NBA at that point (so players with at least 2 NBA seasons under their belts right now) they'd then need to win an MVP, or multiple DPOY/all-NBA)

5 years from now such a player could sign a Supermax extension (this will be players in the league for that has a first year salary of $79.25m and a total 5 year value of 477.9m.

A supermax beginning in with the 2031-2032 season will have a total value over half a billion for 5 years. So over $100M AAV on a 5 year supermax,

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Without a shred of doubt, the Sixers amateur scouting department would out-draft the Flyers at the NHL Draft. They just keep doing so much with so little.

Bona is a player.

Solid FT stroke for absolutely no reason...

His motor go vrooom. As soon as Bona stayed on his feet and stopped doing SSX tricks in mid-air on blocks (it took him 5 quarters), he was a nightmare forcing bad shots at the rim. I'm not an expert in this, but I thought how far back he played in drop could be exploited against NBA guys? He's too athletic to not get to the point of attack more. But he's a total mutant. I like mutants. There's no way that free throw doesn't turn into a solid 3 in a few seasons.

I've never seen McCain before yesterday, but I didn't expect him to look so much like a real combo guard.

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Scary contract for Cunningham. His lack of performance is why they had to clean house in Detroit. I'm not sure I would get rid of him like I would have with Wiggins back in the day, Cade at least is on an upward trajectory and has distribution ability. That 2021 draft sucked.

Reactions: Embiid

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Assuming Cooper Flagg is #1)lives up the hype and then #2)signs his rookie extension prior to his 4th season like Cade Cunningham just did.

Also in terms of players with at least 7 seasons in the NBA at that point (so players with at least 2 NBA seasons under their belts right now) they'd then need to win an MVP, or multiple DPOY/all-NBA)

5 years from now such a player could sign a Supermax extension (this will be players in the league for that has a first year salary of $79.25m and a total 5 year value of 477.9m.

A supermax beginning in with the 2031-2032 season will have a total value over half a billion for 5 years. So over $100M AAV on a 5 year supermax

There's no way the owners let that fly right? There's going to be a lockout before they let that happen

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
There's no way the owners let that fly right? There's going to be a lockout before they let that happen
I dunno what happens with the next CBA. But the current one runs through the 2029-2030 season and with previous CBA's players were able to sign extensions under the rules of the current CBA even during the year it was expiring.

So I think a player would be able to sign an extension that starts in 2030-2031 during or before the 2029-2030 season and it would be honored under the existing CBA rules (unless drastic salary changes to existing/future contracts are negotiated and put into place)

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Speaking of picks, I was just curious what the Sixers draft capital was over the next couple years and didn't realize how convoluted some of the conditions on these pick trades are... For example, these are the conditions on their 2027 1st that goes to BKN...like what does this even mean? :laugh:

20271-BKNat least two years after PHI conveys a 1st round pick to OKC if this pick is conveyed to OKC in 2025 or 2026, PHI's 1st round pick to BKN protected for selections 1-8 in 2027 and 1-8 in 2028; if PHI has not conveyed a 1st round pick to BKN by 2028, then PHI will instead convey its 2028 2nd round pick to BKN; BKN may convey the 2028 1st round pick to PHX (see BKN incoming) which may then convey this pick to WAS (see PHX outgoing) [BKN-PHI, 2/10/2022]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad