The Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread (MOD Warning Post #1)

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Let's see how they fare in the playoffs. But yeah, Maurice gets credit for the team playing better as the season progressed and especially well in the final stretch.

Players have also repeatedly say they love playing for Maurice…

Tkachuk even said he was his best and favorite coach he played for !

I’ll take their words instead of Jets’ fans or f***ing Scheifele !!

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Paul Maurice deserves credit for helping to turn this ship around. You can trace it back to him screaming at the players in Toronto.

I honestly think that Keith Tkachuk calling the team soft and the entire hockey world laughing about it for a full 24 hours was probably a much bigger factor in it. Dad for coach, IMO.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I remember plenty of posters on here including me complaining last year that there is no life in the team and they could use a good spanking to wake them up while other posters said to just let the pros be pros and let them play.

PoMo's bench outburst was not just a beauty of a scene. Our guys do indeed need that, especially in a market with low expectations and no pressure from media, fans or ownership. Plus calling out the refs publicly and getting fined after the TOR game... you have to admit that he has guts, even if many of his tactical and lineup decisions are highly questionable.

Start Bob in the last season game and let Lyon start the POs

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't get Maurice sucks vibe, ya he's not a world beater but he did his job well enough IMO.

He literally still had us an offensive juggernaut, the defense and goaltending he did what he could and the PK has been borderline shit since Boughner was here, even Q had trouble with it.

Zito will have ability to revamp defense and I'd like to see what they can do to improve in shots/goals against next year.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
I think Paul seeing what Keith did empowered him to drill a harsher message in the middle of the game.

I know he heard a player say something cause that's what set him off. He immediately yelled f*** off f*** right off lmao

God damn Barkov always yapping :sarcasm:

Let's see how we fair with that playoff hockey now we've been preached we'll see

• Haha
Reactions: Gentle Man

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Puck possession and balanced offensive approach.

1681312113224.png

1681312130282.png

1681312156728.png

1681312234862.png

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It's interesting looking at those analytics. It's been well known that the Panthers were good analytically all season. I think for me, as far as eye test wise, they have been inconsistent all season with their play. But recently, they have been consistently good. I think that's the difference for me. It's been a steady climb to this point all season, but I think they have gotten to where they want to be, play wise. Room for improvement of course, but they've gotten to where they would like to be pretty much at this point in the season.
Now, I don't know how good they will do in the playoffs, but I feel more confident that they will play their best. Not certain, mind you, but much more confident.

Reactions: JP Mick and Laus723

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Players have also repeatedly say they love playing for Maurice…

Tkachuk even said he was his best and favorite coach he played for !

I’ll take their words instead of Jets’ fans or f***ing Scheifele !!
I don't know what the issue was with Scheifele, but it has continued with Bowness. Most of the Jets players raved about Maurice. His biggest problem was that he was here (Winnipeg) for like 9 years.

Reactions: RogerRoger

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't know what the issue was with Scheifele, but it has continued with Bowness. Most of the Jets players raved about Maurice. His biggest problem was that he was here (Winnipeg) for like 9 years.

Interesting. The top players in the Jets just seem like a handful. Some Maurice critics point to the Jets locker room issues, but I've always suspected it had more to do with the players. Curious about your thoughts

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Interesting. The top players in the Jets just seem like a handful. Some Maurice critics point to the Jets locker room issues, but I've always suspected it had more to do with the players. Curious about your thoughts
There's no question it was all about the players, however Wheeler and most of the players seemed on board with Maurice. Outside of Scheifele and Laine, I wasn't aware of any issues. That's not to say they didn't exist. Again, I think it was mostly a matter of his shelf life expiring.

Reactions: pantherbot

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
There's no question it was all about the players, however Wheeler and most of the players seemed on board with Maurice. Outside of Scheifele and Laine, I wasn't aware of any issues. That's not to say they didn't exist. Again, I think it was mostly a matter of his shelf life expiring.

maurice was on the NHL.com podcast a couple of weeks ago and they talked the jets and maurice just before he joined. again, just opinions but the hosts absolved maurice of any fault regarding the jets given what was happening to them at the time.

of course, they did pull out of their funk and made the playoffs. and scheifele did start scoring. so maybe bowness was able to say the right things at that time.

in any case, it's a nice interview with maurice. maybe it's been posted elsewhere but i haven't seen it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad