The Paul Maurice Pitchfork Thread (MOD Warning Post #1)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
There is no reason to not fire him. Playoffs are over. I think everyone knows that. If you let this goof find his way behind the bench next year then you will have an empty building. Oh well.
Yes and do the general hockey world a big favor by highlighting the fact that coaches in his style suck so bad that it should be yelled from mountaintops and twittertops so that Mo will even be recognized in Medellin Colombia and told to f*** off.

Reactions: scholl

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I blame that main board tkachuk thread for jinxing this season. That was the most idiotic self-fellating demonstration of insecurity ive ever seen and we're paying for it terribly

• Haha
Reactions: Felidae

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I blame that main board tkachuk thread for jinxing this season. That was the most idiotic self-fellating demonstration of insecurity ive ever seen and we're paying for it terribly
Tkachuk can have a good season while the team sucks. It’s not really anything.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Really, how could the team get any WORSE if Maurice was canned?

Viola, listen to the loyal fans. Fire Mo. Things can’t get worse for sure, and then you don’t have the theatrics in the summer. And who knows, maybe the team will even make a run for it. It’s time for a rude awakening, and all you lose is some pocket money.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
There is no reason to not fire him. Playoffs are over. I think everyone knows that. If you let this goof find his way behind the bench next year then you will have an empty building. Oh well.
I don’t think the playoffs are necessarily over, but I do think this team is not going to make the playoffs so long as he’s behind the bench.

Reactions: Vilam

Great8Cam

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2008
The guy absolutely sucks. OMG HE KEEPS PUTTING THE SHITTT STALLS OUT THERE

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Has a coach ever been fired half way into their first season after getting hired to a multi-year deal? And if so, was it actually performance driven?

They’re not firing him now. Maybe if he were here last year then I could feasibly see them canning him now at the half way point, but they’ll let him see this season through. It sets a terrible precedent for both ownership and future coaching hires if this is how short the leash is. But it’s possible at the end of the season. I think everything is just amplified even more because there’s this resounding fear of the potential of giving up bedard and it’s this scorched earth thing. That’s why I can’t wait for the season and ultimately the draft to be over with so we can move past that.

It’s not just Maurice, I’m onboard with retooling a lot of the team honestly. I like guys like tkachuk and Verhaeghe and forsling but there’s a lot I’d be willing to turn over as I don’t like the longterm prospects of some of these guys.

Also zito obviously won’t get fired after one bad season. He’ll have some money to spend coming up. This will be a big offseason. He’ll have at bare minimum this upcoming season to redeem things

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It sets a terrible precedent for both ownership and future coaching hires if this is how short the leash is.
The terrible precedent it sets isn’t that people need performance that correlates with roster quality level and that if performance isn’t there then it’s buh-buy time.

The terrible precedent it sets is that a washed up coach sees an opportunity for sweet talking and getting paid for three years for half a year of work… if you can even call Mo’s input “work”.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
The terrible precedent it sets isn’t that people need performance that correlates with roster quality level and that if performance isn’t there then it’s buh-buy time.

The terrible precedent it sets is that a washed up coach sees an opportunity for sweet talking and getting paid for three years for half a year of work… if you can even call Mo’s input “work”.
I have no issue with moving on from him in the offseason if they don’t mind swallowing the two years. I wouldn’t shed a tear if they fired him tomorrow. I’ve lost faith in the guy. But I think it’s foolish to think or even expect that they might can him right now. If they do then cool, I just don’t see it happening right now

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I have no issue with moving on from him in the offseason if they don’t mind swallowing the two years. I wouldn’t shed a tear if they fired him tomorrow. I’ve lost faith in the guy. But I think it’s foolish to think or even expect that they might can him right now. If they do then cool, I just don’t see it happening right now
I agree that it won’t happen but it should happen.

Which is kind of fitting because it’s like us scoring on PP or stopping the other team on PK.

Consistency.

Reactions: Vilam

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think the precedent of hiring a bad coach and keeping him after the team craters is a lot worse than the precedent of hiring a bad coach and then firing him when the team craters.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I guess hypothetically, if they did fire him and hired someone else this season and they played the same way more or less, would people still be pissed with Maurice?

Some things may change like playing the staal’s less, but at the same time we’re still icing 5 4th liners, that’s almost half the offense (cousins, staal, Lomberg, Dalpe, Lundell). Then white and luostarinen are more 3rd line quality, and even then you could argue white’s been mostly a 4th line talent.

On D we have Gudas, Mahura, and staal. So half our D are bottom pairing guys. Plus ekbld’s been playing like one, who knows if that changes with a new coach but that’s like half the offense being 4th liners, 2/3 of the D being bottom pairing guys, and the goalies haven’t been anything to go crazy about. So I’m not so sure things would be dramatically different with someone else. Maybe they wake up and magically flip a switch, idk, but I wish they did fire Maurice for the sole reason to see if someone else could squeeze anything out of this roster and then we’d have something to compare him to.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I don’t think the playoffs are necessarily over, but I do think this team is not going to make the playoffs so long as he’s behind the bench.
Florida has had many seasons where they tried to catch the playoff line but failed to do it. Q said that a good start is important and you have to be fully aware of it when the pre-season starts. So at least for me the season is over. I don't believe in a playoff spot. Of course things can change and Panthers might have a 20 game winning streak but ... Personally I'd do the same what F1 teams do after a disappointing first half and stop to develop the car in order to gain advantage for the following season. Focus should now be on the 2023-24 roster.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
How about PoMo getting fired now, Hörny retires and becomes our new coach? Would that save us some cap space and give us at least a likeable guy who takes responsibility? Can't be worse than PoMo

Reactions: scholl

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
How about PoMo getting fired now, Hörny retires and becomes our new coach? Would that save us some cap space and give us at least a likeable guy who takes responsibility? Can't be worse than PoMo
or hire Jessica Campbell. I wonder when there will be really young coaches like what has happened every now and then in football. Mourinho was in his early 30s when he started to become famous. Nagelsmann was 28 when he became Hoffenheim's head coach and so on. If she isn't ready yet then bring Toni Söderholm in as a head coach and Jessica as an assistant coach.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I thought staying away from this team for a while would get better, but man....never thought it would get this bad.

Fire whomever you gotta. This is embarrassing and I hope Montreal gets a lottery pick from it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Someone still needs to explain why Maurice has a job.

He’s coach on a team that’s seriously under performing yet Maurice can’t be blamed because the players aren’t playing well?
Good thing coach plays no part in that

Also if they aren’t winning is he even doing a good job with developing young players?
Lundell is having a worse year than his rookie season and he’s a pretty big part of their future, or atleast should be

So if you’re not winning nor even developing players why pay someone millions?
Just get a fan behind the bench for 10 pucks for same result

kenobiwan

Jun 1, 2022
Can someone order him a cab to the airport? Winnipeg should be a good destination again
HEY HEY HEY, cut that shit out, we had him for 4 lifetimes too many! Hes the biggest dolt that ever coached but he knows how to brown nose an owner/GM Guy is doing to you what he did in winnipeg, bring in a bullshit style of play, and favour vets! Its no coincidence we are better without him even with injuries, and Panthers are far far worse. Youre only hope is your owner or GM has more brains than Chipman and gets rid of that cancer before he kills your room and team

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
HEY HEY HEY, cut that shit out, we had him for 4 lifetimes too many! Hes the biggest dolt that ever coached but he knows how to brown nose an owner/GM Guy is doing to you what he did in winnipeg, bring in a bullshit style of play, and favour vets! Its no coincidence we are better without him even with injuries, and Panthers are far far worse. Youre only hope is your owner or GM has more brains than Chipman and gets rid of that cancer before he kills your room and team
Was just joking, hahaha

But nonetheless he shouldn't coach an NHL team. Jesus f*** is his "style of play" annoying as f***

Reactions: kenobiwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad