Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins, 2024 - 2025 Season

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Maybe I sound ridiculous but I would have put a goon out there to immediately run that guy for pulling that shit with Danielson. The AHL has and always will be a goon league, I’d have shut that shit down immediately. There is absolutely 0 reason our star prospects should be getting into fights to protect themselves, that’s asinine. I love to see them willing to, but it just shouldn’t ever have to happen. Austin Watson, do what you were signed for or get out. Protect these kids.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Yeah, I am little bothered that both of our prized rookie centers are throwing punches and Austin Watson wasn't sending a message about either one of them.

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
1st Griffins game of the year. Thought D looked really solid. Focused on Nate a lot. I thought he showed really well. Almost had a goal on the PP and had a few other nice setups that could have been assists. He was also out there for almost the entire last 2 minutes with the net empty and took the key faceoffs.

He still looks a bit skinny out there but you can see he's close and I think the points will come. Some better finishers on his line would hep (he was with Soderblom and Watson much of the night).

Reactions: lilidk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That is a fairly clean hit and the puck was just with him. Just cause it was the AHL or a goon doesn't mean it was dirty.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
eh, 20 years ago it was a clean hit. Today he's getting a call from DOPS for coming from the blindsight and arguably making primary contact with the head. What makes it dirty is that the guy could have ploughed through Mazur and avoided just clipping him entirely. He chose to clip Mazur like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad