Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Gotta say your commentary team makes me chuckle. Made the game a touch more enjoyable than usual.

Will say they sorta went at Musty which I couldn't believe haha. But honestly loved it. Think they were bang on in criticizing him.

U have some good young players. Walton in particular looks like he'll be a dominant player in the coming years.

Best of luck the rest of the way 🍻🍻

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
I call this a “Learning Curve Game”. Young and experienced players learning from mistakes and how to play connected for a full 60. It became apparent early with several odd man rushes the Sting had a great game plan for us. The mistakes started when we were trying to be too fancy in the house, one extra move resulted in turnovers. Not shooting the puck, or missing the net when shots were taken. Villy must of forgotten he has a letter on his jersey as he seemed disinterested playing with the kids. As a result he didn’t hustle and hung onto the puck way too long and tried to do too much on his own. His shifts at times were too long. I’m confident his leadership will prevail and I see this one not so good game as a one off.
Good things: Kids played more. Saw more confidence and aggressive play from Dean and Doucet. Blonda is a special talent and is learning through some mistakes, over time we are going to be treated to watching a Makar type DMan. Chucky came in and was real solid. Good for him. Our PK is still unbelievably good and young guys are a pleasure to watch.
Gotta get re-connected and ready for Sunday in NB.
Keep the faith. Sting have a good team and a great coach and although we lost the game we learned how to be better.

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
This may be the worst anthem I’ve ever heard…embarrassing…yikes lol
You may not realize the singer was a local radio morning host who has cancer and wanted to face her fear of singing in public and fear of her battle with cancer.. GREAT job Mel if we could all face our fears with the attidude and spirit that you displayed tonight the world would be a better place. We'll just pass his remarks of his ignorance of the matter for his comments.

Yikes. Tough loss to the Sting. Didn't get a chance to watch because A) still recovering from Wednesday night's hot dog debacle and B) I decided to go check out the Sudbury Indie Theatre shadow cast of the rocky horror picture show.

It was pretty good in all honesty. A bit risque so I wouldn't advise bringing the kids lol.

On to North Bay! Would be nice to win on the road to have some momentum for when the Batallion come to town on Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad