Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Does it though? The new downtown arena sure might, but not one out in Kanata. Charging prices for parking that are worse than downtown Ottawa for 4 hours seems like a valid criticism to me.
Isn't it better than them clamouring for more fans to show up, like we have seen in the past?

We hear it time and again that the NHL is a gate driven league. This team has attendance issues and it needs to manage that by charging for parking (like every team on the planet does). We have a good owner who isn't a mega billionaire who just paid $1B for the franchise. Let him do what he needs so this team can keep hovering around the profit line.

That said, I'm happy to see the numbers that show if parking was slashed the team would still be turning a comfortable profit.

It's also worth noting that at $40 parking at CTC is on the low end of league average, from what a brief search shows. Is lot 9 even less than $40?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I have no idea what you're talking about :p

But I do have a couple questions.

1) What popcorn bag?

2) why did you need to mention minimum wage? Was it meant as an insult for my friend who isn't here for a job he no longer has?

Very weird attempt at a chirp lol but all good.

I'm being incredibly silly, and you're making an incredibly weak attempt at an insult using minimum wage.

Were both not looking good. The difference is I'm doing it on purpose to be funny and I'm having a laugh. It's Saturday. It's all smiles.

You said this, did you not?

Also used to have a friend who worked there and would give us "popcorn specials" lol the giant popcorn buckets that would go to the boxes, but with 4 tall cans buried inside.

It wasn't an insult, jobs at concessions typically aren't high paying, that's all. An assumption based on your story. in the end, someone with the authority to give you 4 free beers isn't hiding them, hence why I would assume we aren't talking about someone up the ladder.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You said this, did you not?

It wasn't an insult, jobs at concessions typically aren't high paying, that's all. An assumption based on your story. in the end, someone with the authority to give you 4 free beers isn't hiding them, hence why I would assume we aren't talking about someone up the ladder.

Popcorn basket lol not bag. Those big jumbo things that they don't hand to regular fans. They're for the suites/boxes.

The bartender gets minimum wage too.

Do you never accept free stuff? Would you make sure the bartender has permission from the owner before accepting a beer from the bartender on the house?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad